Forums
April 30, 2024, 07:11 PM

Author Topic: Which schemes requires most skills to handle?  (Read 17089 times)

Offline Korydex

Re: Which schemes requires most skills to handle?
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2011, 03:34 PM »
del
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 09:33 AM by Korydex »

Offline avirex

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2011, 04:26 PM »
komo just summed it up in 3 words.. lol :D

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2011, 09:55 PM »
RR has very little translation from other schemes.
Whilst the others have many things in common, if you master all schemes except elite or intermediate, it will take you only a couple of games to become competitive at them. Doesn't happen in RR no matter how good of a roper you are.

The skill in elite is not really imposed by the scheme but your opponent, is more of a mind battle so it'd be hard to theorycraft about maximun skill limits.

Bng is definetly not the hardest. Provided inhuman practice I'm pretty sure a couple of players currently playing could achieve something close to a game were they hit every turn for +40 damage, which is not perfect, but it's much closer than comparing Mablak (or whoever is good at RR nowdays) to a tool assisted replay in a RR.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2011, 10:02 PM »
Whilst the others have many things in common, if you master all schemes except elite or intermediate, it will take you only a couple of games to become competitive at them. Doesn't happen in RR no matter how good of a roper you are.

The skill in elite is not really imposed by the scheme but your opponent, is more of a mind battle so it'd be hard to theorycraft about maximun skill limits.

Bng is definetly not the hardest. Provided inhuman practice I'm pretty sure a couple of players currently playing could achieve something close to a game were they hit every turn for +40 damage, which is not perfect, but it's much closer than comparing Mablak (or whoever is good at RR nowdays) to a tool assisted replay in a RR.

Actually ropa the same thing goes for tool assisted BnG.

^^ Or Tool assisted anything... The Missions are ridiculously awesome, to me much more impressive than TTRR.

Offline sock

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2011, 11:16 PM »
im thinking fly shoppa

Offline Alien

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2011, 11:17 PM »
im thinking fly shoppa

but only the big once

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2011, 02:38 AM »

The reason for this is volume, volume, volume. Elite and RR have always had a higher popularity than BnG, so more people tried getting good at them. In RR, there's also the factor of map familiarity.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2011, 02:41 AM »
Also got to take in account how hardcore someone is lol xD

Offline nino

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2011, 02:43 AM »
elite way to play have changed dratically since edited maps were introduted too. imo these full of hides maps gave some advantage for those players who dunno what to do in the game and just hide, keep nading and zooking and w8 till SD to see what happens, of course skilled players go more sucess doesnot matter the maps, but times ago you could win an elite vs a non-skilled player without w8 for sd lol
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline AduN

• Chile Chile
  • hai2u!!1!:)
    • View Profile
    • my page
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2011, 09:53 PM »
comet dodging

Offline Guaton

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2011, 10:49 PM »

Offline Husk

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2011, 12:04 PM »
Intermediate

Offline wowwow

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2011, 01:45 PM »
Comet dogging indeed

Nah seriously :

1. TTRR (if we remove the cheat issue)
2. BNG
3. Intermediate/Kaos

Also the schemes where luck doesnt take part or takes just a bit can be :

1. Super sheep race (0% luck)
2. bungee race (0% luck)
3. TTRR (1% luck (just wind at chute fall))

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2011, 06:17 PM »
I still say that there's more difference between the best Roperacer and a tool assisted replay of someone roperacing THAN BETWEEN a tool assisted BnG and the best BnGer.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.