Forums
May 23, 2024, 10:16 AM

Author Topic: Which schemes requires most skills to handle?  (Read 17491 times)

Re: Which schemes requires most skills to handle?
« Reply #120 on: August 16, 2011, 07:22 AM »
I'll support a new Rope scheme, who wants to brainstorm together and test some stuff out?
What about 2 worms per team + select worm maybe? :P

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #121 on: August 16, 2011, 07:23 AM »
I'll support a new Rope scheme, who wants to brainstorm together and test some stuff out?

THat's interesting... Wanna hit AG with me now and test it?

« Reply #122 on: August 16, 2011, 08:12 AM »

THat's interesting... Wanna hit AG with me now and test it?
We just tried this scheme. It looks more interesting, but easier (you can always select the-closest-to-the-crate worm). What I like is piling worms when it is 1vs2 doesn't make sense (select worm again). This scheme should be played on hard maps and maybe with 13s turn (maybe not...). Go & Test it now! :P

P.S. Hardcore version: 8 worms per team. Will require shoppa piling skillz! jk :D
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 08:17 AM by Statik »

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 16, 2011, 09:16 AM »
Let's not just change the scheme for the sake of doing so. Eliminating luck by making the scheme easier shouldn't be encouraged.

I had a different idea, I'll try to share a map this afternoon. Basically, it's a pretty hard rope map, and in different designed spots there are numbers, there's two of each number, two 1, two 2, two 3, two 4 and two 5.
You can only hide near those numbers, and if you hide in 1, you have to rope to the other 1 in order to attack. This way, and providing your opponent hides with common sense all turns will at the very least have a marging of 3-4 seconds to perform the attack.
If you are hit and moved from a number you go to the clone of that number nearest to your turn start spot (you don't have to touch both number 1 per instance, just the one more further away).
Obviously health crates are gone and HP is increased.

The problem with this scheme? There's very few people I'd trust to design a map that works well within what we're trying to achieve.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 09:18 AM by ropa »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #124 on: August 16, 2011, 09:37 AM »
Not to mention 1st turn will win if equal skill?

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 16, 2011, 09:55 AM »
Not to mention 1st turn will win if equal skill?

Yes, luck factor has been reduced to one turn, as opposed to every turn. I think it's a step forward.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline avirex

« Reply #126 on: August 16, 2011, 03:39 PM »
darkone, why do you have your head so far up your TUS anus right now??

i said i wish TUS supported my scheme MORE, and you went and said how they supported me...

will your next post be about the more support? i hope it will go something like this..

"Dear avirex, in regards to your request for more support, TUS has decided to not only make w2roper an option if both teams agree, because we know there will never be a case both teams agree, that its now the standard TUS rope scheme of w:a league ropers.

Enjoy

From ninos hero, and w:a's only doctor, DarkOne"

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #127 on: August 16, 2011, 03:49 PM »
BnG, TTRR, or elite?

TTRR / Bungeee Race.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

« Reply #128 on: August 16, 2011, 05:24 PM »
darkone, why do you have your head so far up your TUS anus right now??

i said i wish TUS supported my scheme MORE, and you went and said how they supported me...

will your next post be about the more support? i hope it will go something like this..

"Dear avirex, in regards to your request for more support, TUS has decided to not only make w2roper an option if both teams agree, because we know there will never be a case both teams agree, that its now the standard TUS rope scheme of w:a league ropers.

Enjoy

From ninos hero, and w:a's only doctor, DarkOne"

Dude, I wouldn't be so arrogant to expect anything like that from a scheme variation I make (like random turn order hysteria).
The rules are clear on only accepting official league schemes. We made an exception for your scheme. A scheme needs to have a certain amount of popularity before it becomes a main league scheme. That's where scheme enthousiasts come into play.

Your post suggested you were disappointed at the level of our support. This comes off as a "f@#! you" after you abandoned your own cup and left it for me to finish.

Also, if I recall correctly, forza started studying medicine several years ago, wouldn't surprise me if he's done by now.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #129 on: August 16, 2011, 08:00 PM »

Also, if I recall correctly, forza started studying medicine several years ago, wouldn't surprise me if he's done by now.

Lmao, made me smile. :D

Offline avirex

« Reply #131 on: August 17, 2011, 02:52 AM »

RR evolved into a way better skillful scheme when the game finally allowed Time Trial turns, Roper just seems to be stuck in time and that's why other schemes are more popular (or skillful if you want), it never changed, just like BnG it could be better (or popular if you want) too I am sure. But it seems these schemes rules are carved in stone and whenever someone wants to change anything only a couple people support it and no league with impact (like TUS) shows any support or interest. And no, I am not talking about "we will make a poll and see if people want it", that's no support. Things like trying out the scheme for a season, and not "if someone says no to it you can't play it". (avirex w2r could at least been taken serious when it was around, but TUS didn't)

darkone, i was just replying to anubis, and i did not say TUS did not give me any support... so chill out, damn... i said i wish they gave me MORE support... and i still stick to that.... roughly 50% of the community liked w2roper scheme, tus could have very easily made w2roper an option to pick (not only if everyone agreed)   

but it did not happen, and its np...

relax a little darkone, its not healthy doc

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #132 on: August 17, 2011, 03:03 AM »

RR evolved into a way better skillful scheme when the game finally allowed Time Trial turns, Roper just seems to be stuck in time and that's why other schemes are more popular (or skillful if you want), it never changed, just like BnG it could be better (or popular if you want) too I am sure. But it seems these schemes rules are carved in stone and whenever someone wants to change anything only a couple people support it and no league with impact (like TUS) shows any support or interest. And no, I am not talking about "we will make a poll and see if people want it", that's no support. Things like trying out the scheme for a season, and not "if someone says no to it you can't play it". (avirex w2r could at least been taken serious when it was around, but TUS didn't)

I think the w2roper scheme was ok. Could have been made better if you listened to me lol

darkone, i was just replying to anubis, and i did not say TUS did not give me any support... so chill out, damn... i said i wish they gave me MORE support... and i still stick to that.... roughly 50% of the community liked w2roper scheme, tus could have very easily made w2roper an option to pick (not only if everyone agreed)   

but it did not happen, and its np...

relax a little darkone, its not healthy doc
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline avirex

« Reply #133 on: August 17, 2011, 07:25 AM »
nice fail with quotes, dub.. haha...

and as i said a million times to you dub, i was not trying to copy the w2 scheme 100% .. you kept trying to tell me i had them wrong, like i did not know the scheme... i was there too dub, i was just going by i different name back then hauahuaha

if i put dyno and mega fd and other crazy things w:a would be even less apt to accept it.. i was trying to find a happy medium in hopes they would give it a try... 

i also said i was open to suggestions and ideas to make the scheme better... but alot of people were too busy bashing it...

but i dunno... i doubt anything with roper will ever change tbh.

Offline Breeze

« Reply #134 on: August 17, 2011, 08:13 AM »
Someone may have said this already, but the only way I think roper should be played is with 2 teams.
Just like clanners.