Forums
May 02, 2024, 06:10 AM

Author Topic: Who, what, when, and where were schemes invented?  (Read 2410 times)

Offline avirex

Who, what, when, and where were schemes invented?
« on: April 21, 2010, 02:52 PM »
i know roping was invented on w2.. by a couple of guyz... GrapplingHooK.. i think TheHawk.. or TheEagle, lol i dunno, way to long ago to remember who was noted for it... and bng was also invented on w2 but slightly different then w:a bng (no idea who invented it) and t17 although slightly different was a w2 game that Jake invented called "Jake" games lol... original eh?   ahh rope race was also invented on w2, but no1 played it like its played today..

but what about Elite... who made this up?  and hysteria is new, right? lol who came up with this crazy idea.

Offline Chicken23

Re: Who, what, when, and where were schemes invented?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 03:33 PM »
When i first started playing. Elite, T17, and Pro were all part of the ranks and login leagues. You could get red flaming health bars if u won the elite or t17 channels.

They had 2 more which were rope and bng but they were not the rope and bng we use today.

Back then shopper was not invented, everyone played in RH. Loads of roping, or defaults in the t17 channels or in ag/pt. BnG was around for sure. Thats the first game i learnt.

Fort was played alot too.. But when it came to schemes being invented i think dogma came up with shopper... Hes been on ag recently. you should ask him!

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 06:43 PM »
Walk for Weapons was invented by miner2049 and Squiffel (aka Lyndon) made the first map for it (so I guess you could call them co-inventors)

Bungeerace was invented by Squiffel

hysteria was invented by Run (or Runforyourlife on the T17 forums)

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 06:35 PM »
i know roping was invented on w2.. by a couple of guyz... GrapplingHooK.. i think TheHawk.. or TheEagle, lol i dunno, way to long ago to remember who was noted for it... and bng was also invented on w2 but slightly different then w:a bng (no idea who invented it) and t17 although slightly different was a w2 game that Jake invented called "Jake" games lol... original eh?   ahh rope race was also invented on w2, but no1 played it like its played today..

but what about Elite... who made this up?  and hysteria is new, right? lol who came up with this crazy idea.

I'm pretty sure you are wrong about those guys creating roping. I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew. I think it was Darkmage or darkangel or achmage or something like that. I think that was in my pre-car accident days so my memory is pretty fuzzy. I know the guy was in e-m but pretty sure there site is long gone. I'll ask kungfudan if I ever see him on worms again. That guy has a memory like a fox!

Oh man I miss jake games so much, was like a cross between elite and t17. Best scheme ever!!! I remember trying to make the Jake scheme with someone for w:a but couldn't get it to work right.

Avi you remember who made lympix? aka chute race on w:a although I never played it on w:a dunno if its the same.

Also I'm pretty sure shoppa was made in w2, as that would have been the first ropers.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 06:38 PM by Dub-c »
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline avirex

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 02:32 AM »
there we many involved in the makin of roping... or atleast many wanted to take credit for it...

ur right tho now that u say it, archmage was the name i could not remember, but "the eagle" or some other was another name.. i dont even know..

anyway.. nope, i dont remember lympix or w2 shoppers.

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 04:36 AM »
You don't remember lympix  :o How dare you!
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline Jerky

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2013, 09:53 AM »

what, nobody mentions me in this thread? ya bastards.

I was the first. Archmage perfected it. Read up boys: http://www.planet1337.com/wormsfiles/content/Rope/rope.htm

and the best part is, I'm back.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2013, 01:14 PM »
Me and Conz invented JpBnG, a scheme which had successful tournaments which ran on TuT (Where TuS came from).

Mostly CF guys played it, and a bunch of others, it died out pretty fast when I gave up making maps (I only made 7) and stopped playing cuz Conz dissapeared... And all the CF guys who played it moved on to other things.

It's quite a cool scheme though i'll upload it again sometime.

I never invented Darts, but I definately take most credit for boosting it's popularity and helping a small group of fanatics/players of Darts love it !

(Mostly by making 80% - 90% of all Darts maps lol)

Offline HHC

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2013, 03:28 PM »
Aye Elite comes straight from the ranked channel. BnG as well I think, people just started messing with the terrain and limiting the weaps (bunch of retards  :P). Original BnG was/is much cooler.

Team17 is also from ranked. Dunno what this scheme this guy Jake made, but it's not too likely T17 'stole' it from him.
Anyway, if someone has that Jake scheme and wants it ported. I could try it..

Does w2 have shopper? I dont think so. It probably started as some kind of spin off of the ropeleague scheme?

Offline Hurz

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2013, 03:40 PM »
Me and Conz invented JpBnG, a scheme which had successful tournaments which ran on TuT (Where TuS came from).

Mostly CF guys played it, and a bunch of others, it died out pretty fast when I gave up making maps (I only made 7) and stopped playing cuz Conz dissapeared... And all the CF guys who played it moved on to other things.

It's quite a cool scheme though i'll upload it again sometime.

I never invented Darts, but I definately take most credit for boosting it's popularity and helping a small group of fanatics/players of Darts love it !

(Mostly by making 80% - 90% of all Darts maps lol)

the darts how we play it now was invented by SiD 2 years ago. only few ppl knew about it tho until you found it and boosted it, ye :D i played solely with sid n pepar back than i think.
there was some other darts before, too, one with arrows shot on target and stuff.

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2013, 04:07 PM »
Timetrial is an adaptation from the classic RR. The concept was thought of by Dextah090 for a RRkit tourney, only back then, we could only set the timer to 90 and just see how many seconds you had left :)

I was the first to host a LG RR tourney (probably the first to even consider that variation), which is now played by absolutely no one.

Offline varialheelflip

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2013, 12:52 PM »
What great memories. I remember playing w:a late hours to a scheme called Battle Race and Bungee Race. Those were always fun to just sit back and chat with people between turns and not be so serious.

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2013, 03:50 PM »
What is this 'jake' scheme, anyone remembers any details?

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2013, 09:10 PM »
Cool thread, maybe it will help to fill the information on
http://worms2d.info/Schemes

Offline Hussar

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2013, 09:30 PM »
Ghost Knocking is preety old and awesome, scheme was created by GARG0YLE and Deadcode, most likely in mid-November 2000 (and no later than 4 Jan 2001). The motivation was to create a scheme showcasing Invisibility, where the only attacks available would preserve this state.

EXAMPLE REPLAY   DARIO vs  DARKZ   

|
                     |
                     |
                   \   /
                    \ /