Forums
April 27, 2024, 03:07 PM

Author Topic: Why did you stop playing WA?  (Read 9136 times)

Re: Why did you stop playing WA?
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2016, 11:48 PM »
yeah, oldschool posts about the past isn't new to tus, what's new is newcomers now being rude to oldies.

While this may be true, you're looking past the fact that oldschoolers tend to be dismissive of the current community. So pretty much, the current community doesn't like being dismissed like that, so they dismiss the oldschoolers. And then the oldschoolers don't like being dismissed like that etcetera...

Offline Ryan

« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2016, 12:05 AM »
The next stage is skill comparisons.

Offline darKz

« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2016, 03:13 AM »
At least Wally got it. Cheers man, we may not always have been on the same wavelength but I think you're a bro nonetheless.

nino you know we're gonna meet some day either in Europe or Brazil, I'm very much looking forward to that.

D1 we could extend this discussion up until infinity, but there's just no point. I know you like to take a neutral stance and I'm sure you know that so do I, but there's not the slightest bit of respect anymore towards the old players, the prime example being this very thread.

When I started playing, clans like SfX or NBR were heavily respected due to their superiority in gameplay (and tbh Anubis and I would still beat the SHIT out of every newschool player who's posted here even though we haven't played in a year or more). That respect went down the drain, there's nothing left of it. The new Facebook generation thinks they're special because they post 5 status updates per day and get 50 likes or something when all they can do is rope in a straight line for 5 seconds on a Shopper map.

You guys may think this thread is about reminiscing of old times when all it ever was was a simple question of a fellow old school wormer which was directly adressed at us. But nowadays people feel they need to post their f@#!ing opinion to pretty much EVERYTHING. I don't get why you can't just STFU and go elsewhere with your opinions when this thread CLEARLY wasn't intended for you to reply.

And idk Kradie, I'm not even gonna apologize to you. I'm known to be a rather calm, friendly and forgiving person but you're just annoying the f@#! out of me.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 03:41 AM by darKz »
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2016, 03:33 AM »
Old community was great. New community is great. I feel like this 10 billions of hours playing a game when I was 12 just to get recognized by a bunch of strangers were for sure useless but I had fun.
It feels like comparing your childhood virtual friends with your adult ones ahaha.
I am lucky to have been with such amazing clan mates and I wish I could play with old member that became inactive but I love the newer members as much as the old ones.
I stopped caring about being the best a long time ago.
I am not playing but I wish I had the time to.

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2016, 04:10 AM »
The next stage is skill comparisons.
and tbh Anubis and I would still beat the SHIT out of every newschool player who's posted here even though we haven't played in a year or more
;)
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline darKz

« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2016, 04:27 AM »
Yeah reduce the entirety of my post to that one line. Way to go. Idiot.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Online Sensei

« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2016, 08:28 AM »
How dare you not pay any respect to darkz's roping abilities in 2003?? You bunch of shopper playing newcomer bitches!!!

Offline Kradie

« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2016, 11:18 AM »
It's the person who you are, not the person you used to be that matter, and right now Mr Darkz, you are not winning any respect from me. Of course, your Intention may not to acquire my awe for you, but instead you use the past to justify the present.

I am not saying the past is irrelevant Mr Darkz, but using your old trophies as defense are.

Don't worry about that apology, I'm not expecting one, nor did I request one. 
After all, it is who you are now that matters ;)
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline nino

« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2016, 12:48 PM »
nino you know we're gonna meet some day either in Europe or Brazil, I'm very much looking forward to that.

Indeed ae! I should've made that trip b4, now iam just full of bills to pay cos bought new apartment, going to live with gf, about to make a lil nino or nina soon huahuahuahuaha, but doors are opens ae! if you decide to come u have a place to stay and i can reserve some time to show you nice places cos king!!!!

You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2016, 12:58 PM »
Quote from: Komito
Wow, and people say I have a god complex lol...

1st off, the only good thing about being oldschool was activity, the honest truth is we were all whiny little teenager just like the current generation.

2nd, you talk about nobody respecting oldschoolers anymore, hmmmm nope, I get plenty respect, walrus gets plenty respect, so does avirex and others, maybe you and Anubis don't because you guys are so far up each others vaginas! Respect is earnt not taken and you guys have done nothing to earn it from the new generation all you do is mock them.

3rd, you guys weren't even that special, none of us are/were, Anubis was a "god of warmer" whoop dee f**king doo, a scheme no one gives a f**k about anymore and thinks he demands respect for it, darkz and Anubis were very good all-rounders but can't even accept any scheme outside their comfort zone from pre 2006...

Tbh I'm glad guys like you don't play anymore, I might whine on forums but at least I put some effort into playing and chatting with new guys in other schemes, I even watch schemes I don't like just to interact with new community...

There are so many cool, talented, friendly and fun people to chill with in this game but you are too close minded and stubborn to see it...

You guys are focused way too much on competition, skill, and totally lost the whole point to this game, there are guys like Hurz who is like nurturing parents with non-stop giving and respect and caring, then guys like you who abandon family once you are bored.

You guys are an embarrassment to this community, do you even have 1 good thing to say about new generation or is everyone inferior?

Offline nino

« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2016, 01:02 PM »
It is nice to see Komo even banned dont leave the debate  :D :D

:D :D :D :D

You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2016, 01:08 PM »
He is giving a crap at least  :)

Offline Peja

« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2016, 01:32 PM »
that moment when "why did you stop playing WA" turns into "free league enthusiasts insulting german WA legends"  says more about the current state of competitive WA than chelsea being #1 overall player, useless big maps warning rule discussions, and cfc winning this league for 2 straight years, altogether. 

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2016, 06:27 PM »
Laptop started on fire.
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2016, 09:43 PM »
D1 we could extend this discussion up until infinity, but there's just no point. I know you like to take a neutral stance [...]

Perhaps these discussions wouldn't last until infinity if more people would be willing to take a neutral look at problems/disagreements ;)

To get back on topic:

Personally, I quit W:A over personal issues and never quite got the bug again when I got back (except the odd TUS cup). At some point, I stopped playing, but was still handling complaints, so that drove me away for a few months.
Not in a hurry to restart moderation for that reason, tbh :) Busy with something else though! I'm hoping I'll finish it before my vacation, but probably not, though