Forums
April 26, 2024, 04:05 PM

Author Topic: Why do you play WOW instead of WOW?  (Read 4821 times)

Offline Crazy

Why do you play WOW instead of WOW?
« on: December 24, 2009, 01:04 AM »
Yeah, silly question, huh? What makes you rather enter the World of Worms each day instead of World of Warcraft, like the 11 million people around the globe? At WA we have about 190 (?) unique players playing the league, while Warcraft has the same amount of servers! Are we freaks?  ;D Do we have different taste when it comes to gaming?

When I sit and play worms, and someone I don`t know very well comes up to me, they are always like "wooow you play worms, how cool!! Worms is such a genius game!!!" While if they walk up to a guy that sits and plays WOW (Warcraft), it`s more like "aw man why you waste your time on that game like every other dooshbag". Most people who have spend some time gaming on a computer, have tryed Worms before. And most of them thinks it`s an awesome game  :D Only my close friends rolls their eyes when they find out I still play worms lol...

But yeah, why WOW instead of WOW?

Offline MonkeyIsland

Re: Why do you play WOW instead of WOW?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 05:11 AM »
When I sit and play worms, and someone I don`t know very well comes up to me, they are always like "wooow you play worms, how cool!! Worms is such a genius game!!!"

Yep same happens here :)
I believe it is the most brilliant game ever. But it is a game of compete. I think one of the reasons it doesn't have enough activity is, it hasn't reach the 'compete' level it must have.
WOW is a 'living in fantasy' game, while WOW is a mind game. I'm trying to increase the competition level in this game, that's what makes this game survive and inject more soul to it.
I think it is our job to advertise, recruit people to WOW.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Free

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 11:28 AM »
I'm a hardcore PC gamer and Worms is like the best game evar. So simple game to learn, but so hard game to master. There's just so different skills you can be good at / need to be good at.

Offline Ray

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 11:39 AM »
So simple game to learn, but so hard game to master.
This is like the best sentence I ever read about Worms. Deserves an applaud.

The reason I stick to worms instead of any other game is one reason: the community. When I first got instenet, I started to try all the old games I had online. People in other games were assholes, but when it came to worms, it didn't matter that I don't know the rules, people explained it. And I fall with the rope? Who cares, you will learn. And this is why I kept playing worms.

And also, I try to help every newcomer as much as I can, that's why I made a Hungarian website for all the questions of worm and stuff... So people will stick to the game and explore it and understand how great it is.

Offline Zemke

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 12:06 PM »
When I sit and play worms, and someone I don`t know very well comes up to me, they are always like "wooow you play worms, how cool!! Worms is such a genius game!!!"

When someone knows I play worms they're more like "wooow you play worms, how cool!! Worms is such a funny game!!!" but they don't see the strategic and tactic this game consists of. They just know it's a turn-based 2D game and you control worms which can shoot bazookas and drop dynamites (what they already laugh about). Due to this knowledge they'd laugh at me if I said that this game demands smart thinking from you.

Offline Ray

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2009, 01:20 PM »
Well yea, that's why I show them videos of roping, they are usually amazed of that and believe me when I say that this game requires smart thinking. :P

Offline beer

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2009, 01:56 PM »
I'm a hardcore PC gamer and Worms is like the best game evar. So simple game to learn, but so hard game to master. There's just so different skills you can be good at / need to be good at.
same here, also hardcore kb, mouse, carpete mouse, evruthing to play the best games, and i only instal it and play like 5 times then gg. lmao

drama queen iz back

Offline Free

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2009, 12:15 AM »
I wish I would win big in lottery, I would pay for people to play and practise and compete for prize money. xD

Just to see how good people can actually evolve when you can put mindless amount of hours to it. :P

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2009, 01:26 AM »
I play for the competition out there. So many good players and enjoyable default games. So much to learn and requires alot to be consistent aswell..

People see me play worms and think its cool n whatever, but few people know im really into it. Those that do think its even more cool and do roll their eyes abit. Ive got one friend who think its the most underground thing hes heard... He knows ive won leagues n stuff and tells people this guy was a world champion of worms when we were at a house party. It was such a cock block lol. That was a few years ago tho and not seen him for time but its funny. He still asks if i play etc

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2009, 05:58 AM »
And why he hasn't joined us yet?  :-\
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Crazy

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2009, 11:17 AM »
Edit: wrong thread lol

Offline Crazy

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2009, 11:21 AM »
I play for the competition out there. So many good players and enjoyable default games. So much to learn and requires alot to be consistent aswell..

People see me play worms and think its cool n whatever, but few people know im really into it. Those that do think its even more cool and do roll their eyes abit. Ive got one friend who think its the most underground thing hes heard... He knows ive won leagues n stuff and tells people this guy was a world champion of worms when we were at a house party. It was such a cock block lol. That was a few years ago tho and not seen him for time but its funny. He still asks if i play etc

World champion of Worms hahah :D I had the same thing once though, I happend to tell a guy there were Olympics in Worms and that I had taken a medal.. And he went off to tell people i had won in the olympics lol ;p A good tips is not to talk to much about what happends around in Worms to your friends :-[

Offline Ray

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2009, 12:13 PM »
Can't help that when I am drunk. ;D

Offline Random00

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2009, 04:54 PM »
thats kinda funny. the same stuff is happening here sometimes as well :D

Offline rU`

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2009, 11:39 PM »
I'm glad that playing worms is cool there, Crazy :)

in Spain, my friends always made fun of me cuz I play worms. Infact it's been a SECRET lol, they always ask me: "are you still playing with the bugs? hahah" unfortunately its cooler if you play WOW instead of worms here... they dont know shit lol, they consider worms as a CELL Phone shitty game where u can shot bazookas or drop grenades... and let me tell you one thing, 2 years ago I had fought with a stupid guy he was saying: "haha you play worms u got no life lol how can someone play worms so long" (it was in a party, we were all drunk and then suddenly this guy starts to flame me) I had to punch him in the face cuz he wouldn't shut up lol
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 11:41 PM by Leroy »
LaW`T0WER , LoR`T0WER at wwp 2004-2007

TdC`Leroy , cFc`Leroy at w:a 2005-2008

Played leagues: CBC/CBS, FB, XTC, LW, TUS.