Forums
May 02, 2024, 05:18 PM

Author Topic: wkautokeys.dll download link?  (Read 3670 times)

Offline Masta

Re: wkautokeys.dll download link?
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2023, 12:44 PM »
The subtle difference between the Wooting 60HE and the script is that with the keyboard you at least have to lift one of the keys for a very short time, I believe 1 ms, before pressing the other key. With the script you do not have to lift the other key at all. Hardware that is closer in functionality to the script is a D-PAD where two opposite buttons can not be pressed at once. By mapping the space key to left and right on a D-PAD it is possible circumvent the multiple space block.
I would not mind seeing both hardware like that and the script allowed on TUS even as someone who has no interest in using it. I do not believe those tools give enough of an advantage to be banned.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2023, 04:30 PM »
The subtle difference between the Wooting 60HE and the script is that with the keyboard you at least have to lift one of the keys for a very short time, I believe 1 ms, before pressing the other key. With the script you do not have to lift the other key at all. Hardware that is closer in functionality to the script is a D-PAD where two opposite buttons can not be pressed at once. By mapping the space key to left and right on a D-PAD it is possible circumvent the multiple space block.
I would not mind seeing both hardware like that and the script allowed on TUS even as someone who has no interest in using it. I do not believe those tools give enough of an advantage to be banned.

The keyboard is the most beneficial to those people that don't FR, since you can activate the key way faster without needing to wait for the deactivation as long anymore. Twitching or what it's called nowadays would be amazing on this kb. FR players don't rapidly press the same button and usually opt into using 2 or more keys as space where you rhythmically tap one after the other. Still nice to have in case you don't sync or time your taps as good, but imo the biggest advantage with this kb would be single tap players.

If this was available 10 years ago I would have bought it instantly. But I don't play anymore so.. someone else do the science. :D
« Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 04:32 PM by Anubis »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2023, 04:39 PM »
Thank you for this keyboard Anubis!

I will be buying this next month, and I'll do a live review of it as well!

I also need to reply to some stuff here, but don't have time right now, got the Elite plz Cup starting in 20 minutes and need to prepare stream!

Offline Anubis

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2023, 05:46 PM »

I also need to reply to some stuff here, but don't have time right now, got the Elite plz Cup starting in 20 minutes and need to prepare stream!

Sounds good, it really seems like the perfect Worms keyboard, customizable to the fullest as if you are modding your own keyboard to your needs! If it works like I imagine it to work this will be the new standard for roping from now. Will you review with a video? :D
« Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 05:49 PM by Anubis »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2023, 05:55 PM »

Sounds good, it really seems like the perfect Worms keyboard, customizable to the fullest as if you are modding your own keyboard to your needs! If it works like I imagine it to work this will be the new standard for roping from now. Will you review with a video? :D

I will be reviewing it live on stream!

Also, I wish there was a TKL version or this or a full size, but it's good for roping specifically so not a problem!

I couldn't wait... Going to be struggling for the next few weeks for money but f**k it! :D

Offline Kradie

« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2023, 01:20 AM »
This keyboard seems good. But it doesn't have media controls and media wheel. You can argue that you can add that with customization. But it isn't the same if you do it that way.

Also imo, you need a fast and responsive display to get good rope.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2023, 01:37 AM »
Also imo, you need a fast and responsive display to get good rope.

That's no problem I have a 240hz, 0.5ms monitor. :D

As for the media wheel, I've got that covered, well, not yet, but planned!

Given that the Wooting keyboard is a very small 60% keyboard and will take up very little room on my desk. I'm going to buy a USB multimedia control device that will fit neatly beside it.

8)

Offline Anubis

« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2023, 07:38 AM »
Any ETA when it arrives yet? :D

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2023, 01:59 PM »
Any ETA when it arrives yet? :D

When I ordered it, it said around 12th September. Maybe I'll get lucky and it'll arrive shortly before, or perhaps unlucky and it'll be a few days late lol.

Either way, I'm pretty sure it'll be September at some point, as long as it's before my birthday!

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2023, 06:01 PM »
i have a 240 hz monitor 1440 and a 120 hz 1440.  ofc i dont use 240 hz for worms, not sure it matters much honestly.  seems like more of a FPS thing than a worms thing, 120 seems just fine for me

Offline rUNaW4y

• “Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear”

• Italy Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2023, 07:11 PM »
Just in case it might be interesting for you:

I used to be familiar with flat/slim keys from my laptop for roping since the beginning (2012). It has been always a benefit for me considering the fact that the pressure of flat/slim keys requires less effort compared to fat keys like in the case of other keyboards such as Logitech G910 which I tried to handle without success a few years ago (finger roll on 3 spaces was hard to perform), regardless of the underlying switches.

Then my historical laptop died, and I started to use an external keyboard (paid 30 Euros) with another laptop (DELL XPS), full of lags and with a very bad response time which induced me to go for a 2-spaces finger roll for a "decent" roping.

Then I purchased a new laptop (Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming, paid 1700 Euros) with flat keys, but for some months I preferred to avoid using it for roping to prevent any damage to the keyboard due to a constant keys’ pressing.

Finally, Sir-J proposed a few alternatives in terms of keyboards to solve the issue, and I relied on one of them by purchasing a Corsair K100 AIR (paid 270 Euros) with tactile switches. Although it was better than everything I have ever tried during the past, the keys’ width of 2mm was not still enough, and I decided to sacrifice my new laptop for roping (actually I do not know how these integrated keyboards works and so forth, but this still allows me to rope the way I rope and I do not need to know anything else).

Nevertheless, I have deeply tested this keyboard (Corsair K100 AIR) and I realized the following:

1)   it supports polling speed customization through a simple GUI (min: 125Hz/2msec of input latency and max: 8000Hz/0.125 msec of input latency);

2)   it supports the hardware keys remapping via the officially distributed software tool;

3)   it allows remapping macros on any key (like double pressing of the space on a single key).

Based on this, the considerations I come up with are the following:

1)   new keyboards allow you to have a very low response time while pressing keys. You will never know whether people use a simple ahk script or a macro from a 270 Euros keyboard (both should be considered as a cheating);

2)   for sure both a good monitor, with a proper refresh rate, and a good keyboard with 0.125 msec response time are an advantage over people with less performing HW;

3)   The wkRemapKeys module is not sufficient to prevent multiple pressing based on macros coming from a dedicated remapping tool related to a new and expensive keyboard.

For those who might be interested, this is my current setup for Worms Armageddon gameplay (nevertheless, I can not still beat Masta with a perfect HW available as you can see: https://www.tus-wa.com/cups/cup-1204/. My Corsair K100 AIR would not provide me skills that I do not have in any case):

-   External MSI monitor with a 144HZ refresh rate (1366x768 px resolution, as a personal and suitable choice);
-   Flat/slim laptop’s keys for roping with a low response time (although I do not know how this is managed by my laptop, lol);
-   wkRemapKeys module for remap: WASD keys as arrows pressed with the left hand and NumPad2 and NumPad3 as spaces pressed alternatively with right hand.

I am not in favour of anything, but I wanted to let you know my thoughts about this topic.

Peace,
rUNaW4y
« Last Edit: September 01, 2023, 07:58 PM by rUNaW4y »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2023, 07:50 PM »
For those who might be interested, this is my current setup for Worms Armageddon gameplay (nevertheless, I can not still beat Masta with a perfect HW available as you can see: https://www.tus-wa.com/cups/cup-1204/. My Corsair K100 AIR would not provide me skills that I do not have in any case)

I am confused...

What does "a perfect HW available" mean? You linked up to the Team17 2v2 Cup, which has nothing to do with Masta? I assume you meant the recent Big ZaR RR #3 Cup?

Also, in terms of being able to beat Masta, you have a similar issue as myself, it's definitely not your speed that is the issue, it's your consistency.

I can rope as fast as anyone else, as in I can bounce off walls as fast as anyone else, I can traverse the map as fast as anyone else, I can do power spikes, fast swooshes, power outlaws and pumps when required and scroll fast with ease at the top level as the best Ropers of all time.

However, I seriously lack in consistency, so I keep falling, it's something I am improving with time and practise though, granted I haven't been that active myself in the past 5-6 years added to the fact I switched to using left hand on WASD and right hand on Spacebar a few years ago and haven't reached my potential yet while improving my control with arrows that way.

Consistency is the most important aspect of roping at the top level, that's why we're not as good as Masta when it comes to these challenges, his consistency in keeping it together in Big RR is amazing while roping very fast.

As you saw in the Cup matches he's played though, he DOES make mistakes, which can even cost him almost an entire turn. Though generally speaking he's one of the most consistent Ropers I've ever seen.

I will do some research on this keyboard myself as well, thanks for sharing!

Offline rUNaW4y

• Italy Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2023, 08:07 PM »
For those who might be interested, this is my current setup for Worms Armageddon gameplay (nevertheless, I can not still beat Masta with a perfect HW available as you can see: https://www.tus-wa.com/cups/cup-1204/. My Corsair K100 AIR would not provide me skills that I do not have in any case)

I am confused...

What does "a perfect HW available" mean? You linked up to the Team17 2v2 Cup, which has nothing to do with Masta? I assume you meant the recent Big ZaR RR #3 Cup?

Also, in terms of being able to beat Masta, you have a similar issue as myself, it's definitely not your speed that is the issue, it's your consistency.

I can rope as fast as anyone else, as in I can bounce off walls as fast as anyone else, I can traverse the map as fast as anyone else, I can do power spikes, fast swooshes, power outlaws and pumps when required and scroll fast with ease at the top level as the best Ropers of all time.

However, I seriously lack in consistency, so I keep falling, it's something I am improving with time and practise though, granted I haven't been that active myself in the past 5-6 years added to the fact I switched to using left hand on WASD and right hand on Spacebar a few years ago and haven't reached my potential yet while improving my control with arrows that way.

Consistency is the most important aspect of roping at the top level, that's why we're not as good as Masta when it comes to these challenges, his consistency in keeping it together in Big RR is amazing while roping very fast.

As you saw in the Cup matches he's played though, he DOES make mistakes, which can even cost him almost an entire turn. Though generally speaking he's one of the most consistent Ropers I've ever seen.

I will do some research on this keyboard myself as well, thanks for sharing!

Nothing to be confused with.

I am simply pointing out that HW you are relying on might be an advantage in some cases (neither in your case nor in mine).

Of course, based on my previous statements, the HW-based "advantage" is useless if you can not be consistent, like in the case I mentioned against Masta. Your kb could even guarantee a fast response time as well as your monitor, but if you can not be consistent then it is a waste of time. But, if you consider games between people that are not skilled enough, then this could be still an advantage, not related to skills.

Note: Perfect HW means that you rely on the best Monitor (240Hz) and the Best Keyboard available on the market (0.125ms of latency).

I hope my point is clear now,
rUNaW4y
« Last Edit: September 01, 2023, 08:11 PM by rUNaW4y »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2023, 08:31 PM »
The confusion for me was mostly what "HW" means, I'm now pretty sure that when you say "HW" it means hardware, correct?

Offline rUNaW4y

• Italy Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2023, 08:55 PM »
The confusion for me was mostly what "HW" means, I'm now pretty sure that when you say "HW" it means hardware, correct?

Yes, with HW nomenclature I just meant hardware components I was talking about above, such as a monitor or a keyboard that are used to be called peripherals or something like that, but still hardware components.