Forums
May 04, 2024, 05:40 AM

Author Topic: wkautokeys.dll download link?  (Read 3681 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: wkautokeys.dll download link?
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2023, 05:45 PM »

Offline Sir-J

« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2023, 10:54 PM »
-
« Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 12:15 AM by Sir-J »

Offline Anubis

« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2023, 10:57 AM »
Sorry for off-topic but gotta reply to this:

Sir-J proposed a few alternatives in terms of keyboards to solve the issue, and I relied on one of them by purchasing a Corsair K100 AIR (paid 270 Euros) with tactile switches.

Normally I wouldn't recommend a keyboard this expensive but since main criterias were low profile keys and ultra fast response time I had to recommend this one as it's simply the fastest low profile keyboard out there according to rtings: https://www.rtings.com/keyboard/tests/latency
However, if one's willing to spend this amount of money on a keyboard and isn't insistent on having low profile keys then definitely buy Wooting. Best gaming keyboard bar none (haven't tried tried one myself but watched a lot of reviews).

Sadly they didn't test older mechanical keyboards like the vintage IBM ones. They always felt insanely quick to me.

Offline Sir-J

« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2023, 11:46 AM »
-
« Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 12:15 AM by Sir-J »

Offline Anubis

« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2023, 11:50 AM »
Sadly they didn't test older mechanical keyboards like the vintage IBM ones. They always felt insanely quick to me.

They have tested IBM Model M and as it turned out wired latency for that keyboard is only 18.6 ms. So not fast compared to others, but they have a unit from 1993 and around that time IBM reduced manufacturing costs so it's possible that earlier versions were better in that respect. Also, I wish they reviewed modern Model M by Unicomp, because it's still produced and is relatively affordable.

https://www.rtings.com/keyboard/reviews/ibm/model-m

Oh nice, didn't see it in the List you posted! 18ms is pretty hefty you are right. I played with a Model M from 1990 and I had a Model M2 which was from 1995 or something. I liked the 1990 more but the M2 was good too, better than most trashy rubber-domes I had at the time.