Forums
May 01, 2024, 04:35 PM

Author Topic: WormOlympics 2013: Discussion  (Read 6649 times)

Re: WormOlympics 2013: Discussion
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2013, 02:18 AM »
thats true, at least ttrr semi and ssr semi was paired without using of randombot

Offline LeTotalKiller

« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2013, 02:30 AM »
Deal with it, Dmitry, LTK and Impo.

Pff, didn't I already mention there were other things making this season unenjoyable to me? (And maybe your Chile vs. Chile games only took place with fair mods or something - I didn't intend to generalize what I said to all Chilean mods, of course.)

« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2013, 02:41 AM »
And maybe your Chile vs. Chile games only took place with fair mods or something
or something, ltk. Do you realize that half of the players on chilean tourneys is chilean players itself. This means its impossible physically to dont pair them versus each other, like here http://wormolympics.com/t1329#results

what i want to say is that tourneys where chile play vs chile and winning medals on themselve, giving medals to chile on that tourneys is pointless, there was no other players except chileans so in fact nobody except them could get a medal anyway lol

Offline Korydex

« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2013, 06:11 AM »
RandomBot still has some flaws, so using other tools can't be considered a crime.

« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2013, 06:30 AM »
randombot is a piece of code, what flaws can it have rofl

Offline Korydex

« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2013, 08:35 AM »
I meant usage of it of course. :-) I will post some suggestions in it's thread later today. :-D

Offline LeTotalKiller

« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2013, 09:24 AM »
or something, ltk. Do you realize that half of the players on chilean tourneys is chilean players itself. This means its impossible physically to dont pair them versus each other, like here http://wormolympics.com/t1329#results

I was thinking there would probably be that, but I didn't have time to flesh out my post, I had to sleep and I was on my phone.

« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2013, 09:46 AM »
Everyone discussing country vs country pairings. But dont forget about clans. All TaG players are from Chile. But not all chileans are in TaG. So apparently pairings Chile TaG vs Chile NONTaG will happen as a rule in case of planned pairings. Keep that in mind.
And speaking of Chile is just as an example. Chile still have some fair mods, i say. They just have their TaG players in Chile only. So controlled pairings is much easier for us to see, coz we all know who are chileans, who are not. And its easy to see in results page on WO aswell.
But continueing about clans, most other clans have their mates in different countries. So cheating pairings is not so obvious, becouse we (participants) can`t know about everyone who is from which clan. Its just harder to see compare to countries. But still. Im not saying about all. Some some of mods may cheat a bit. Someone a little by mixing 1-2 pairs. Someone controlling each player thinking of who will be an opponent for next round etc.

Some people asked me make smart pairings for RandomBot (avoid clan/clan pairs, specially if its same country), or add hostability filter. But in my opinion - those options is a good platform to fool the script and to make hidden cheating.
Here is just an example of tourney i`ve been moding today:
we had 15 players and 10 of them cant host (as they said).
So some cant_host vs cant_host will appear for sure.

But. Imagine if bot script would be with hostability filter: whole clan can "say" that they cant host. Result -> they will never be paired vs each other. Is that fair? I say no.

Coming back to today`s shopper tourney i`ve been moding. We had 15 players and 10 cant host (again).
Did we got some super troubles coz that? i say no. One pair had to use hostingbuddy. Rest was just fine. Still.. some pairs finish fast. Others play very long (like me vs exzo coz rm after draw). Some players free - and they can host for another, and so on. No problem about.

I also have some suggestions about bot improvements. Its like auto-signup and auto informing results. Mod will need just check all and fix if someone decided to joke and posted wrong info. In this case "Auto" means that player sending result to bot. So mod is not beeping while his game. And he can check results by asking it at bot - anytime when he is free.
Same for signups. Bot can store players and their info, create list by own, pair them etc. Mod will just need adjust the list if its wrong somehow. Also add ability to bot to close signups (ignore signups commads) etc.
Also would be cool to relate moding to exact mod name. And store players list for those exact mod if needed. Its just to avoit situations of double modding, when two tourneys are at same time, at same channel. But my mIRC scripting knowledge its not good enough to implement that. But i believe that RandomBot shouldn`t be running on my local PC and shouldn`t use mIRC script anyway. It should use linux scripts. And the possibilities with that i much higher.

In conclusion:
Fairness overall is a way for good and fun tourneys.
Else people who knows or even feels that he is fooled - will be angry and flow that on everyone in different ways. This season of WormOlympics is a good example of that. And creation of some kind of fair system (at least in pairings) was just a NEED as for me. I do believe that relationship between participants and mods are getting better, regards to RandomBot.
That is the main function of it. Think about.

Offline StepS

« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2013, 10:45 AM »
for me, the pairings is not the problem. the problem is I now go to bed in 6:00 and get up in around 14:30 because all of my favorite roping tourneys are hosted by chileans at 4:00, 5:00 nights, while there's almost nothing like this in the daytime, rarely even evenings. this killed my sleep, but np. keep playing with yourselves then.

btw guys I think we should advertise WA in asia. I mean, we would have the same people density 24/7, without being so few in the mornings.
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline LeTotalKiller

« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2013, 11:05 AM »
What if China's government disallowed W:A in its country? D:

« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2013, 11:31 AM »
china have its own version of W:A, and well they stick hard to sc2 like koreans :D

Offline LeTotalKiller

« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2013, 11:47 AM »
Didn't know DC & CS were making communist builds at every release. xD

Offline HHC

« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2013, 11:20 AM »
I wonder if Incog is gonna make it, still a few results to come, but he looks safe  ???

Cool that it lasted till the very last tourney before the winner is known  :)

« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2013, 02:29 PM »
I know,

best player: Incog
best clan: TAG
best country: Chile

;)

hf gl gg in next WO :)

« Reply #74 on: September 02, 2013, 02:32 PM »
chile is rather first than best :D