Forums
April 28, 2024, 04:39 PM

Poll

Would you like to see Worms 2 Rope to be default rope on WA?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Worms 2 Rope on WA  (Read 5412 times)

Offline aik

Re: Worms 2 Rope on WA
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2016, 07:27 PM »
any1 got the latest update for me? worms2d.info links Team17 page - nothing happening when clicking on DL-Patch  ???
Also: any1 tried running Worms2 via wine? Get some uncaught divide-by-0 errors…

Worms 2: ftp://ftp.team17.com/pub/t17/worms2/patches/ pick your version, if unsure, click the Worms2Patch005_En.exe
Worms Armageddon: ftp://ftp.team17.com/pub/t17/patches/pc/WA_update-3.7.2.1_Installer.exe

not sure which one you want

Worms2 - ty very much
<dream>
One day CyberShadow will push worms source code to github by accident…
</dream>

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2016, 09:26 PM »
does w2 still not work online? I can make a room but no1 come in
if anyone still plays i'd be up for a game

Offline AduN

• Chile Chile
  • hai2u!!1!:)
    • View Profile
    • my page
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2016, 04:37 AM »
any1 who could send me in private any ABSOLUTLY LEGAL WAY TO OBTAIN TEH GAME plz.

edit: ok i found a copy totally original in my collection, just installed and works fine with the module and patch (thx guys). there is 2 things:

- i dont have any schemes to play and cant find on internet, give a hand pleaseeeeEE.
- i dont know if i can play online, in the frontend appears my private IP (192.168.1.x), there is a way to modify that? or we can play with a vpn service (like hamachi)

edit2: ok, i just found some opt and weaps files (both files is the scheme) in http://worms.sydv.net/worms2/ and some maps.

http://worms.sydv.net/downloads/worms2/reaperznfatsam.zip
http://worms.sydv.net/downloads/worms2/options.zip
http://worms.sydv.net/downloads/worms2/weapons.zip
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 06:43 AM by AduN »

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2016, 08:54 AM »
worms2 is the same thing as wa pretty much, only unpatched and with less features, dont understand the fascination with it

when wa came out i never looked back, played it once or twice since then, and next to zero players from wa went back to w2, which is no coincidence

Offline aik

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2016, 09:48 AM »
[…] the fascination with it

…is:
a) more precise scheme and waeapon settings
b) faster rope - better feeling for some (even better as /ir)
c) frontend optimized for pc (W:A's is more optimized  for Nintendo64…)
d) ReSolutionWK allows zoooming with mouse - how nice is that?! Why isn't W:A capable of it yet?

apart from that, you are right… patches, updates, active community, etc. is on W:As side… but even here in W:A comunity 5 out of 22 people whant at least the worms2 rope  ;)

btw - we were young and stupid, but when w:a came out, precise weapon and scheme settings were missed so much – we switched back to W2.
I wish everyone would have done that 1999/2000, and W:A would be the dead one, everyone playing Worms2-v8.271-Rubber-PX-Flawless-Deluxe ;)

ps: When I finaly find the way to run W2 via wine - I'll call for Worms2-Wednesday…
…and rest of the week no mocking about how much better a developed version of W2 would be compared to W:A  ;)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 10:08 AM by aik »
<dream>
</dream>

Offline aik

« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2016, 10:04 AM »
pressed quote instead of modify and didn't notice…  :-X
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 10:07 AM by aik »
<dream>
</dream>

Offline Kradie

« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2016, 05:11 PM »
Mr aik has indeed pointed out the good perks and truth about Worms 2.

However, I have failed to see a concrete post as to WHY the idea of Implementing Worms 2 rope onto Worms Armageddon. People are simply voting shallow without giving a good convoluted statement.

Worms 2 rope on WA would be good idea.

Pros
- Acceleration of Rope.
- Beginners can adapt the rope easier.
- Learning curve is more fun.
- FR, hacks & Scripts may decline due to flexibility and agility of rope.

Cons
Those who are highly skilled and experienced, may not appreciate the easy and accelerated handling of Rope.
New learning curve might throw some people off. These are people who are NOT willing.

Overall, to have Worms 2 rope on WA would be a welcome change, to keep the game fresh and feel new to old and newcomers.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline aik

« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2016, 08:05 PM »
However, I have failed to see a concrete post as to WHY the idea of Implementing Worms 2 rope onto Worms Armageddon. People are simply voting shallow without giving a good convoluted statement.

Well i think /ir is the closest you can get with W:A-physics-modification - guess for 100% same behaviour you'd have to implement whole worms2 physics…
<dream>
</dream>

Offline Kradie

« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2016, 08:21 PM »

Well i think /ir is the closest you can get with W:A-physics-modification - guess for 100% same behaviour you'd have to implement whole worms2 physics…

Worrms Armageddon was ''supposed'' to be an add-on for Worms 2, but it got too ambitious. So I'm not entirely sure if the physics on Worms 2 are so different to WA. Except for the roping behavior of course.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2016, 11:10 AM »
W2 rope feel > W:A.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2016, 02:57 PM »
Thing is, this is your personal preference. You may argue or not, but developer-wise, this is impossible due to retro-compatibility.

And for the guys that don't know, u can get W2 on GOG. Have fun there.

Offline aik

« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2016, 03:06 PM »
Thing is, this is your personal preference. You may argue or not, but developer-wise, this is impossible due to retro-compatibility.

Well we're just dreaming… and there is /IR.
But I don't think it would be impossible to implement exact W2-compatibility - but work/payoff rate woudn't be very good - therefore unlikely ;)

Also GOG-W2 doesn't have online support… no buy for me (but I own the CD - so no need anyway).
<dream>
</dream>

Offline Kradie

« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2016, 05:05 PM »

Worrms Armageddon was ''supposed'' to be an add-on for Worms 2, but it got too ambitious. So I'm not entirely sure if the physics on Worms 2 are so different to WA. Except for the roping behavior of course.

Offline aik

« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2016, 05:19 PM »
  :'(

What do you whant to say with the 2 quotes Kradie?
<dream>
</dream>

Offline Plutonic

« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2016, 07:43 PM »
I see no harm in implemening a rope variation (Worms 2 physics or otherwise), but it would have to be an option, you couldn't just force that on people as the default. Other than it just being a bad idea to do so, it would make versioning a real pain. By that I mean that when ever someone with an older version joined a game, forcing version emulation, the rope physics would change.

That said, I would love to see the W2 weapons bought back. They weren't the greatest weapons, but I never saw any reason to get rid of them...
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 11:05 AM by Plutonic »