Forums
April 29, 2024, 05:53 AM

Author Topic: Worms Age  (Read 3152 times)

Offline Waffle

Worms Age
« on: December 04, 2012, 03:54 PM »
Hi everyone, I've got a huge problem in my brain..
Got a general question about Worms / the Wormsongs..
I've already tried contacting Team17 and Bjorn Lynne, no answers..

So, let's start..
How old do those animated Worms get, how long do they need to grow up from a baby to an adult and how tall can they get?
Some Data:
Wormsong 1995 "[...] When he was two, his father had left, never to return, 3 years he had waited for his chance to fight, 3 years of training [...]"
Wormsong 1995 "[...] Three inches tall and armed to the teeth, a fine soldier he made, and his name was 'Boggy B'"
Wormsong 2003 "We join Clagnut, son of Spadge, [...] This was the moment he had trained for since he was only half an inch long!"
Wormsong 2011 "This young worm was gripped with fear, but on the eve of battle, his mission was clear!"

Assuming, that Clagnut was 2 years old when he started to train, worms at this age are 0,5 inch long and grow 6 times larger in the following 3 years (3 inch at the age of 5).
Boggy B, who is at least 5 years old at Wormsong 2011 is declared as "young".
Being two years old means being a baby if you look at human, but Boggy B was old enough to care for his own after his father left.

But I don't like the idea of Boggy B being "old" at this time of his life. It's way more emotional having a crying baby waiting for his dad to come back home, recognizing that this will never happen and getting ready for warfare...

What do you think?
How old and how tall can worms get? For example Boggy's father (at wat age are worms pubscent?)...

I don't know much about real earthworms, but maybe you do and maybe you can refer to that.

Offline OrangE

Re: Worms Age
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 05:13 PM »
i think you should smoke less shit, but i will read answers anyway. it can be interesting in a weird way.

Offline philie

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 05:18 PM »
i was thinking exactly the same  :)
+1 anyway

Offline HHC

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 05:44 PM »
Perhaps they are different subspecies of worms.

Only a t17 staff member would name his son 'clagnut'  :D

Offline StepS

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 06:00 PM »
XD
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Rok

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 06:11 PM »
Got girlfriend, Waffle?

Ontopic: Earthworm facts
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 06:14 PM by Rok »
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 02:22 PM »
i think you should smoke less shit, but i will read answers anyway. it can be interesting in a weird way.

i smoke like a chimney and still think you should listen to him lol

Offline Waffle

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 02:46 PM »
I do not have a girlfriend, Rok.
Anyways, thanks, that link helped me a little, although Team17's worms are no real earthworms (they have eyes, hands and a mouth)
But it is said, that Worms live ~6.5 years.
The average human lives 70 years.

Since Team17's Worms are something between human and earthworms (they even speak our language), i am pretty sure, that i can refer to both forms of life.

let's assume, that Team17's Worms reach the age of 7, that would mean, that a 2 year old worm already used 28.5% of its lifetime.

A human that already lived for 28.5% of its lifetime is nearly 20 years old.

Mmh. This would mean, that a worm at the age of 5 is like a human at the age of 50.

But although I say "Hello young Sir" to 50 year-old guys, i do not personally think that they are "young".. But Boggy B IS YOUNG!!

AAh, this doesn't make any sense.

/EDIT:  GOT IT! It's quite obvious and I ask myself why I didnt know the solution way earlier.
Team17's Worms can reach an age of 17 years! Sounds logical, huh?

This would mean, Boggy B was in human-age about 8 years old when his father left him. And oh my gawd, it's f@#!ing sad if the parents leave their 8 year old kid .. forever..
BUT an 8 year old kid CAN handle this situation with the right spirit filled with VENGEANCE for his fallen father!!

Mistery solved.

8 years when his father left and about 21 years when he finished his training and entered the warfare.
an 8 year old kid is about half the size of a grown up.. Boggy B got six times as tall in those 3 years, but that doesnt matter to me anymore, worms grow in a different way as humen and i assume that a 5 year old worm is ALMOST grown up, it can get up to 3.5 inch instead of those 3 inch. (3.5 is the half of 7 and numbers always have any relation to 17)
That sounds ok to me, I thank you all for your help!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 03:03 PM by Waffle »

Offline StepS

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2012, 03:19 PM »
 ;D ;D :D ;D
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Conny

• Quack

• Sweden Sweden
  • Quack!
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2012, 07:53 PM »
These are the times I'm not sure if the person is trolling or not..
Former xANKAx member.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2012, 08:19 PM »
These are the times I'm not sure if the person is trolling or not..

If this is one of those times, then you're clearly a bit slow.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2012, 02:02 AM »
Hey ropa don't you sometimes get tired of trying to be rude and smarter than anyone else in the earth?
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline Drew

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2012, 02:56 AM »
Hey ropa don't you sometimes get tired of trying to be rude and smarter than anyone else in the earth?
:o
[`cRw`Vados] do you have a rubber?
[Drew] Yes
[Drew] But I'll just pull out
Drew used wkRubberWorm 0.0.1.8[KM5test]beta for WA 3.6.31.0

Offline StepS

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2012, 08:17 AM »
^
[...]

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2012, 09:52 AM »

It's not intelligence nor rudeness.

It's wit, and if you can't take that on an online board I suggest an improvement in personality. You're not the only one that needs an improvement in that area, mind, the above poster is also in the need of some serious back patting, if only so he can grow some balls to specify where the pain in his butt comes from, as opposed to following me around the forum trying to indirectly state that he is, in fact, in anal pain because of me.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.