Do you think WA is in it's prime?

Yes - Things have never been better
8 (16%)
No - I have preferred past times more
21 (42%)
I love WA, always have and always will, nothing has changed for me
21 (42%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: Worms Armageddon - In it's prime?  (Read 8920 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Worms Armageddon - In it's prime?
« on: January 12, 2011, 08:15 AM »
Let us hear what everyone thinks and feels about how WA has progressed over the years, and please, don't be shy :)

Offline Dub-c

Re: Worms Armageddon - In it's prime?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 09:01 AM »
I miss w2  :'(

Edit: oh w:a in its prime, I miss the days when no matter what when I joined RH there was a warmer already hosted by someone worthy of roping with.

Prime? Not yet. Once TRL starts w:a will be in its PRIME!

« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 09:23 AM by Johnny »
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline EldarWorm

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 12:24 PM »
Before June 2000 when Team 17 f@#!ed up WormNet. 

Offline flex

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 02:16 PM »
No long post, i'm disapointed

Offline Rendered

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 04:18 PM »
w:a is dead.

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 11:18 AM »
[19:10] <+coste`> I want darkxlord to be my father, and father of my childrens.

[14:58:24] <StepS> how do i type "?" from my keyboard?
[14:59:05] <StepS> there should be some combination, not only Alt+####

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 12:12 PM »
Live and learn?

I had a 2-3 hour debate with KRD after I read that a few weeks ago, I already know about everything he wrote there, I told him I had taken all that into account, I was shocked to realise he thought I didn't :O *shame on you KRD !*

In the end I guess it comes down to what you personally feel "prime" means, because by the looks of it, KRD and alot of others keep talking about things they miss, and how things don't live up to THEIR expectations, but, it's their life, their feelings, they can think what they want and i'll respect it.

Everything he said is respectable, and very very well written, but I still disagree with alot of it, especially his parts on "Comparison of Players" "Clans You Shouldn't Forget About" and the whole "Where Have All the Schemes Gone" section.

The comparison of players, KRD talks about achievements and doing things for the community, some people don't care about that, this is a game, people should have the right to play it however they want, for fun and have their own opinions and do what they want with it, it's their life, some people are impressed with others skill, some people are impressed by others intellect, some people are impressed by just having a good laugh, some people find one skill better or worse than another and someone else might think the opposite.

Clans you shouldn't forget about, KRD says "off the top of my head" while I honestly think he actually done research on this part among other parts, whether he did or didn't is irrelevant as I feel every single clan that ever existed has played an important part of the community, even alias clans and alias players raised massive controversy and shock while at the same time kept the public entertained because everyone loves a bit of drama lol.

Where have all the schemes gone, KRD asks the question: "but why is everyone forgetting about so many of the things that were lost in the process?"

Again, the community can answer this question for themselves, as they are the ones playing everything, when it comes to the schemes that are played, I don't even think this is all that important, everyone is entitled to play what they want, however they want, and if someone has a problem with others not knowing the history behind those schemes, then they should do something about it, I know alot of history about alot of schemes, and I am proud of that, and hope I never disrespect it as long as I play this game, but, it isn't fair to judge the new generation of WA players because they weren't around at the times everything was evolving, let them do their own thing, let them think they are inventing new things, let them discover it all for themselves.

Part of the excitement of WA is discovering and inventing things for yourself, why should we feel the need to ruin that for them because we deem it neccessary they must know it hasn't always been the way they thought it was? If they are curious, they will eventually ask and/or find out, but in the meantime, let them "grow up" themselves.

My opinion is based entirely on what I get out of the game myself and what I can give for others, b2b/a2b and cFc are the biggest reasons why WA is in it's prime for me.

"Back in the day", it was fun learning new schemes etc, but all I really done was mess around Roping stoned trying to act cool to impress people(alot of us did lol), I had the entertainment and comedy value, although I got involved with alot and kept up to date with everything that was happening, I didn't take part in alot of it, nowadays, I am more involved with doing things for other people, passing on my BnG knowledge and I honestly feel I have played a massive part in keeping BnG popular, hosting Tournaments and other events, running a league and making WA videos lol, I never done any those things before in the past, and it just feels much more intense and enjoyable to me being part of this community today and giving something back in return, it's more forfilling now than it was before, for me personally.

After writing all this, got me thinking about certain people (who I haven't mentioned) and certain moments, and i'd actually say, I have always enjoyed WA, never once have I disliked the game as a whole, everything has always been good, but I definately think things have gradually got better for myself and the way I see others.

As for KRD saying about me "for disrespecting a bunch of interest groups and for using barely any quantifiable evidence, detailed explanations or examples to support his claims. "
I used enough evidence to support MY feelings towards this game, I gave enough explanation AND examples to support MY claims about how I feel about WA today, especially towards the things that were actually being debated in the thread at the time (which wasn't alot to be honest, nowhere near the ridiculous depth he went into, and you say I make long posts? LOL), I never disrespected anyone, If I did sorry, but I didn't intend to, I had a good clean and open debate with flex and I have always tried my best to understand other peoples opinions and even if I disagree with them, i'd respect them, but by the looks of it, KRD just blatently ignored and disrespected my opinions about this game even though he knows I understand everything he replied with.

What can you do if it ain't your cup of tea lol?

I have a funny feeling, that if I hadn't changed from exclusively playing Warmers/Ropers to exclusively playing BnGs around 5-6 years ago, I would be SO bored with this game by now and would share the same opinion as KRD, 100%, which is a horrible thing to say...

Offline flex

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 12:57 PM »

My opinion is based entirely on what I get out of the game myself and what I can give for others, b2b/a2b and cFc are the biggest reasons why WA is in it's prime for me.

I have a funny feeling, that if I hadn't changed from exclusively playing Warmers/Ropers to exclusively playing BnGs around 5-6 years ago, I would be SO bored with this game by now and would share the same opinion as KRD, 100%, which is a horrible thing to say...

That's what I expected, you see w:a only through the prism of bng. I respect that but I wasted my time arguing with you, whatever  ::)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 01:07 PM »
I said they are the biggest reasons why WA is in it's prime for me.

What I mean is, I switched to BnG, a different scheme that kept me excited, because all my roper mates left, I made alot of BnG mates, so I had people to play with at things I enjoy, you know, socialize with the things you like... (I guess I shoulda added this lol).

I don't see WA ONLY through BnG, it's what I enjoy doing the most.

Offline flex

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2011, 01:25 PM »
Of course I know bng is a whole thing for you, and that's what I meant. But in our previous discussions I was talking about w:a as a whole, bng is obviously just a part of it.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2011, 01:41 PM »
Of course I know bng is a whole thing for you, and that's what I meant. But in our previous discussions I was talking about w:a as a whole, bng is obviously just a part of it.

Yeah but, I was into rope just as much as anyone "back then" and now I am BnG orientated.

I do play all schemes now, T17 is probably what I play the least of.

But it isn't just schemes that make it for me, if no one else played BnG, what would I do? Lol, it's also the people I am friends with now, like, I started playing WA when I was 13, I am 25 now, my personality has changed and so has my friends online, when I was young I didn't really take anything serious most of my "mates" were just people I played with,  and was just joking around, but now I have deeper more meaningful conversations, and I enjoy THAT alot more than "y0 y0 y0 wassup n@#!!!z, rdy 2 pwn??" "lag" "lag" "ah space!" etc although I say "pwoer" alot in BnG, I enjoy having "grown-up" conversations and mature friendly insults with my mates, I guess that's a big part of it for me too.

Offline flex

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2011, 02:20 PM »
y0 y0 y0

gl

hf

:D

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2011, 02:24 PM »
Lol flex, EVERYONE remembers that, everytime an oldschool player comes on they ask me "what happened to y0 y0 y0 gl hf? that was like your thing!" xD

To be honest, what the hell is the point in even having this debate lol, theres like, not even 10 people actually taking part in it...

No one cares :(

Offline Ray

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2011, 03:19 PM »
I do care, I just don't have the time to keep up with all these topics considering that I have to read all the ZiPpO comments and valulable chatbox posts before coming here. I guess you understand why that's the priority. :) I will soon read this and edit this post and you can have my answer, I will share my deepest feelings and thoughts with you, part of me will be inside you as you read on and on and then that part will just start growing inside you, you will start thinking about me...

Okay, I stop before it gets way too sick. ;D

Offline flex

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2011, 03:24 PM »
For me the debate is over, I said all I had to say (duh), same feeling as when a job is done lol. And if I ever get involved in it again I'll just give the link to KRD's text. Ty KRD :>