Forums
May 02, 2024, 03:15 AM

Author Topic: Worms History - From Rankings to the birth of TUS  (Read 19382 times)

Offline TheWalrus

Re: Worms History - From Rankings to the birth of TUS
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2012, 09:18 PM »
Since when is wwp relevant?

It was for 2 years, most good players from WA moved and it was the worms game. Then came the betas.

Ah, I get it, you didn't realize an actual answer existed eh.

yeah, true, it didnt seem like 2 years even.  most people i played with came and went in less than a year, many of us came back well before the beta.  so many people didnt even make the move, the only time wwp was ever loaded was when it was brand spanking new, once that wore off, people came back to wa.

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2012, 09:45 PM »
Those shitty color maps destroyed WWP.
Well, they aren't bad, just sad they killed WWP.  :'(
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2012, 09:45 PM »

It was for 2 years, most good players from WA moved and it was the worms game. Then came the betas.

Yea right.

What exactly are you implying? Or you're simply accepting the facts?
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline rU`

« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2012, 10:24 PM »
CBClans was ruled by KTC and LoR mainly. There were also some good clans which deserve to be mentioned, such as FeW (Lalo and other Americans), wQw (I personally didn't like most of them... sorry Dulek<3) and pB; Mast3r, Alias, Flori and me xD (we won a couple of seasons)
What the heck ?! How dare you forget kF ! Seita, Adam, Redspider, Neo, me and some inactive. :p

There were also AoD (Sly8/Muad'Dib, Master, Alias, Razor, me and some other I can't remember atm), but we weren't that active in Cbc.

You're right, Pirian! kF, killing Frenzy. It was a great and cool CBC clan. Sorry, I'm sure I've forgotten a lot more successful clans/players.

@ropa: I remember ToP clan, but I don't think you guys played too much w:wp. I recall ToP as a two-man team (you and dev-h?) which played a couple of clanners and then never showed up again. I recall wA being much more dangerous than ToP. And yeah, wA won a CBC season.

Anyway, WWP people ftw! What would w:a be nowadays without them?  :-[
LaW`T0WER , LoR`T0WER at wwp 2004-2007

TdC`Leroy , cFc`Leroy at w:a 2005-2008

Played leagues: CBC/CBS, FB, XTC, LW, TUS.

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2012, 10:32 PM »
Nothing ! Muahaha, we rock.  ;D
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

Offline rU`

« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2012, 10:34 PM »

Take a look at the leaderboard. 13 players out of the top20 were born in w:wp
LaW`T0WER , LoR`T0WER at wwp 2004-2007

TdC`Leroy , cFc`Leroy at w:a 2005-2008

Played leagues: CBC/CBS, FB, XTC, LW, TUS.

Offline lalo

« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2012, 10:43 PM »

Take a look at the leaderboard. 13 players out of the top20 were born in w:wp

Cfc is basically a clan made with ex-wwp players. Can't blame you Dub, you don't even know how GMT works.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2012, 12:02 AM »
CBClans was ruled by KTC and LoR mainly. There were also some good clans which deserve to be mentioned, such as FeW (Lalo and other Americans), wQw (I personally didn't like most of them... sorry Dulek<3) and pB; Mast3r, Alias, Flori and me xD (we won a couple of seasons)
What the heck ?! How dare you forget kF ! Seita, Adam, Redspider, Neo, me and some inactive. :p

There were also AoD (Sly8/Muad'Dib, Master, Alias, Razor, me and some other I can't remember atm), but we weren't that active in Cbc.

You're right, Pirian! kF, killing Frenzy. It was a great and cool CBC clan. Sorry, I'm sure I've forgotten a lot more successful clans/players.

@ropa: I remember ToP clan, but I don't think you guys played too much w:wp. I recall ToP as a two-man team (you and dev-h?) which played a couple of clanners and then never showed up again. I recall wA being much more dangerous than ToP. And yeah, wA won a CBC season.

you're talking about the remake not the original clan
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2012, 01:28 AM »
I was in dt too xD

I really wish Deano still played.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2012, 10:26 AM »
There were also some successful clans in wwp before some of those 'wwp born pro' of today are doing well.

This is before cbc, and clans like HDI, KTC, vP etc.

What was ownless and fox's clan that won some leagues?

Offline Husk

« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2012, 10:45 AM »
I believe it was dr

Offline Anubis

« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2012, 10:25 PM »
The first clan I joined when switching to WWP was eN, with Wurzel as leader. I think we had IrwlZ and Pitchblack as members, can't remember the rest.
Reddeath was also ToP, Novicane and/or Vantage too, The Sherriff and BigC or something. Basically it was an allstar team of that era current best wormers. I also recall Griffix on the roster on ToP... but it was at a later stage I think.

Btw, what was the name of Tjerps brother? Never figured out after he became inactive.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 10:30 PM by DeathInFire »

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2012, 10:42 AM »
Novicane...  :(

Why are there no more cool wormers nowadays
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2012, 02:17 AM »
Novicane...  :(

Why are there no more cool wormers nowadays
Dennis?  Hes still working at UPS (7 years) when i last talked to him, he plays call of duty on the xbox nonstop.  I went over to his house years ago, was going to go 1 or 2 years ago but we lost touch for the most part, i stopped playing xbox.  Dennis is the man.  :)

Offline Anubis

« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2012, 02:47 AM »
Now I imagine him as Doug from King of Queens. :p