Forums
May 04, 2024, 01:20 AM

Author Topic: Worms Reloaded  (Read 16297 times)

Offline HHC

Re: Worms Reloaded
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2010, 11:31 AM »
Pre-order now available  :-\

Worms fans will be able to pre-order Worms Reloaded from Thursday 29th July 2010, with bonuses including a 10% discount, 24 hours early access to the game and exclusive in-game items to enhance your chosen team. To pre-order Worms Reloaded, go to http://store.steampowered.com/app/22600. or Click the pre order button above.

A brand new trailer is available at
reLtd and more information on Worms Reloaded can be found at www.team17.com and http://www.facebook.com/WormsTeam17.

Indeed, while the most celebrated features of the series are present and correct, Worms Reloaded also sports a large amount of new additions to almost every facet of the gameplay experience. Over 60 single-player missions (including new Warzone Campaign and Bodycount Mode), a fully featured landscape creator, 45+ plus weapons spanning the entire Worms series and a huge currency based customization system – all wrapped up in HD quality visuals – means that Worms Reloaded will be a highly enjoyable experience, whether playing alone or with friends.

source: http://www.team17.com/?p=672

Trailer:

edit:
Key Features:
EXTENSIVE SINGLE-PLAYER CONTENT:

* Campaign mode. Play through 35 single-player missions as well as 30 more in the Warzone Campaign that is tuned for advanced players.
    * Bodycount mode! How will you survive with having just one worm pitched against never ending spawning enemy worms that get increasingly tougher? Compete against friends in the scored leaderboard.
    * Training Mode. Comprehensive tactics tutorage that includes 3 tutorials and 3 different firing ranges.

ONLINE AND LOCAL MULTI-PLAYER:

* Up to 4-player online and local multiplayer action - with Steamworks support, for pain free game updates, friends-lists, leaderboards, achievements and chat.
    * Leaderboards! Multiple different leaderboards to track different game types and stats. These can be sorted globally or by friends enabling and encouraging competition between friends.

MASSIVELY INCREASED CUSTOMISATION:

* Wild customisation and personalization - change appearance of worm skin, choose victory dances, gravestones, voices, HUD, title and over 70 different cute, funny and downright stupid hats!
    * Shop ‘til you drop! Players can buy hats, landscapes, weapons, missions, forts and gravestones with currency awarded for completing single player campaigns.
    * Over 70 speechbanks - 50 re-mastered from the classics and over 20 new speech banks including the insane Cheese sound set!
    * A range of great classic and new custom levels to play on, plus make your own!

NEW FULLY FEATURED LANDSCAPE CREATION TOOL:

* Fully featured landscape editor including the welcome return of bridges and the ability to import your own custom levels into game so you can share your creation with friends and play online. Add your own start positions, mines and scheme to effectively create wild new play modes and styles of game.
    * All new vertical landscapes – to take the battle to new heights!
    * The scheme editor enables the changing of all aspects of the game to fit your own style, including new random objects such as the sentry guns and electro magnets, and a new fire hazard.

WORMS™ WEAPONRY AND UTILITIES:

* 47 weapons and utilities including classic weapons from Worms™, Worms™ 2, Armageddon, World Party and the recent Open Warfare series as well as 14 brand new weapons!
    * New weapons include Super Bunker Buster, Ferrets, Poison Strike, Worship, Sentry Gun, Electromagnet, Buffalo of Lies plus new persistent fire and surprise Easter Eggs!
    * Classic Weapons returning include Armageddon, Concrete Donkey, Napalm Strike and yes, the Holy Hand Grenade!

GAME MODES:

* Select from a range of classic Worms™ game modes and new modes for this edition - Crate/Shopper modes, BnG (Bazooka and Grenade), Forts and Rope Racing.
    * Use the customisation tools to make your own mode!

HIGH DEFINITION VISUALS:

* 13 HD graphical themes for millions of random levels - never play the same game twice!
    * Worms™ has never looked this good with all new High Definition landscape artwork - based on the most loved Worms™ game ever made.
    * Widescreen support, optional blur effect for backgrounds, 16 specially designed forts for the fantastic Fort mode.

PC SPECIFIC CONTROLS:

* User defined controls with classic settings as standard.
    * Function key support for fast access to common weapons.
    * Works with compatible USB gamepad.
    * It also runs on all modern Windows Operating Systems.

Systeemvereisten

o OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7
          o Processor: 1.25GHz AMD Athlon or Intel equivalent
          o Memory: 1GB
          o Graphics: 128MB Video Card (GeForce4 or equivalent card)
          o DirectX®: DirectX® 9 or above
          o Hard Drive: 2063MB
          o Sound: DirectX® 9.0c-compliant sound card
          o Other Requirements: Internet connection required

« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 12:22 PM by HHC »

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2010, 02:55 PM »
Seems very nice. maybe its "shouting features" can balance its lacks?

Anyway replay support ne1?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline darKz

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2010, 04:01 PM »
Bart, don't you completely disappear from WA though! :P
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline HHC

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2010, 04:09 PM »
We will know that in 3 (?) weeks. If it sucks I'll be on WA, if it doesn't.. then yey

Offline skime

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2010, 04:47 PM »
You won't leave WA. ! :D You'll back to rope here :)

Btw. someone maybe would like to buy Pre-Purchase Worms Reloaded 4-Pack? :)

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2010, 05:10 PM »
You! I'd like to see the physics difference. By the way lawl, it has so big PC requirements - 1gb memory, 128mb video card, 2gb hdd - what the heck? It doesnt look that heavy and shouldnt be. Bad engine maybe?
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

Offline nappy

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2010, 05:37 PM »
It's because of hats, lacoste. They piss me off so much, btw -_-

« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2010, 06:29 PM »
I dont like it either. Even worm models are crappy. Bah.
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

Offline Spaazi

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2010, 06:37 PM »
I don't think I can adjust after playing 10 years of 2d w:a.
Definatly not for me. Unless there would be a new weapon like wine bottle or something with alchool related

Offline SPW

« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2010, 08:23 PM »
too much comic style, too much BOOM BOOM ZACK ZACK. Nothing for me  :D

Offline CJ

« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2010, 02:59 AM »
hmm after reading through peoples opinions and watching the videos im undecided, i may buy the game and test it, but if its like most pc games at £29:99 i wont pay for it, no worms game is worth more than £10 including wa! .... but, we shall see
My hometown rugby team Warrington Wolves won the 2009 Carnegie Challenge Cup At Wembley and successfully defended the trophy by beating Leeds Rhinos 30-6 at Wembley on 28/08/10 and got the trophy back beating Leeds Rhinos 35-18 on 25/08/12... 3rd time in 4 years

Offline Crazy

« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2010, 01:02 PM »
We will know that in 3 (?) weeks. If it sucks I'll be on WA, if it doesn't.. then yey

You`ll stay!

Offline HHC

« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2010, 06:28 PM »
Some more info:
Can you tell us what new weapons you are introducing to Worms Reloaded and how they work?

*  The Three Ferrets  - when selected, your worm deploys three ferrets, one by one, in the direction the worm is currently facing. The ferrets scurry their way through tunnels, or across the landscape, exploding on impact causing damage to any worms they come into contact with. The three ferrets are ideal for getting at enemy worms with ‘Darkside’ tactics - such as those who choose to dig in and hide away. Not only that, but the Ferrets can be used to reach places your worm cannot get to!
    * Termites - when used, three termites are released from your worm.  The termites then create tunnels within the landscape - ideal for travelling in safety, away from the surface.
    * Worship - upon selecting the Worship item from the inventory, the player then deploys a totem onto the landscape which when active will add 2 points of health per turn to the players team, while removing 2 points of health per turn from the enemy. The totem can be destroyed, or its effects countered, by the use of another totem - so placement and protection is very important.
    * Steal - Steal allows you to take an item from your opponent's inventory and add it to yours.
    * Invisibility - once used, all of your worms become invisible to your opponent. Very fiendish!
    * Marked for Death - by placing a Marked for Death on your opponent’s worms, a dark rain cloud appears above their heads. Now, I’m no expert but that doesn’t sound too nice? Why not attack them and see you’ll cause additional damage to them!

You’ve also added a currency-based customisation feature. How do players earn currency? Is it through the single-player campaign or can we also earn it playing multiplayer?

Currency is earned by completion of each the 30 single-player missions in the single-player Campaign.  These coins can then be spent within the Shop where you can purchase cool stuff such as hats, gravestone, weapons, missions etc…

How many different aspects of the game can be customised? Is it like previous versions where you can create a unique-looking team of Worms with new voices and hats, or does it go even further?

Much Further – you can now customise the following!

* Worm names
    * Team names
    * Scheme settings
    * Customise landscapes (importing images etc)
    * Hats
    * Particle sets (for your weapons explosions)
    * Forts
    * Gravestones
    * Worm colour
    * Speechbanks
    * HUD (health bar, weapons panels etc…)
    * Titles (so you give yourself the tag ‘Sniper’ for example)

http://www.incgamers.com/Interviews/285/team-17-interview

The forts and hats exclusive to pre-order users:
http://cdn.steampowered.com/v/gfx/apps/22600/ss_a424594e671729f017f9e628357a7e92a84614c5.1920x1080.jpg

4 Worms per team and 4 teams is what the game will launch with. The main reasoning on this was the length of time it takes in between turns, especially playing online.

The landscape editor will allow you to import pictures you have made in a paint package. The max landscape size is currently 2560 X 1280 or the opposite for vertical maps.

Total number of weapons at launch is 48.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1389100

The Ninja Rope (in Worms Reloaded) is now pretty much the same as it was in the original Worms Armageddon on PC now. I'm sure there are a few beta testers who can confirm this as they worked with Grant on the tweaks. -Kel, T17 staff

Release: August 26th.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 06:34 PM by HHC »

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2010, 07:25 PM »
Unless there would be a new weapon like wine bottle or something with alchool related
You get molotov. :o
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2010, 07:48 PM »
lol HHC you can't wait ^^
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.