Forums
May 03, 2024, 03:19 PM

Author Topic: Worms Reloaded  (Read 16292 times)

Re: Worms Reloaded
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2010, 07:41 PM »
Just think from their prospective, who's bothered to spend a year working on a game to be sold for like, what, 200 people? They want other people to be involved.

Yeh, but if more people actually KNEW about the ways worms is played online then im sure that they'd be even more intrested in buying it.

When you look at worms videos on youtube with many views, you see so many comments like "wow where do you get those maps", or "how do you rope like that that looks fun". Most people have no idea about how fun the game can be online, and lets face it all of us were fascinated when we came online for the first time.

Then again some people dont "get" it like we do, they just want to play a regular game of worms
worm and learn

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2010, 07:44 PM »
I dont think Team17 could ever think about those little details which made W:A so special. Worms series wont be the same as W:A is coz casual gamers (which are the main target) want somehing new, cool and flashy. Nowadays i see people are talking about W:A like "that was awesome game but 8 years ago". This game still breaths coz there are people who keep it going, and addicted players ofcourse. Maybe Reloaded will grow up in future, maybe it will fall like every other one (besides our one, ofc), there will be only one worms game for me.
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2010, 07:44 PM »
The pros of worms 3D lol
worm and learn

Offline chakkman

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2010, 07:58 PM »
Just think from their prospective, who's bothered to spend a year working on a game to be sold for like, what, 200 people? They want other people to be involved.

Sure but how long will it be popular if the gameplay is simple and the physics suck? Anyway, commercial success is more a matter of marketing, advertising the game and stuff. If they would make it similar to what we are used to about a Worms 2D game they would have us in the pocket already. :) Then advertise it a bit and you get a whole new pool of customers. Maybe make it fit to todays standards about graphics, sound and stuff... i think it would be a success. And i dont think the couple of hundred still active online worms players are the whole thing btw... i bet theres 4-5 times more still playing it offline with friends for a laugh.

@ Lacoste: Worms Reloaded is being made with thoughts of W:A and WWP players in mind so they definitely aim for them when they make this game. Ask Skime. ;)

Offline beer

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2010, 08:06 PM »
The pros of worms 3D lol

uahuhuhuhahhaa

ps. at least nice song XD

drama queen iz back

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2010, 09:42 PM »
@ Lacoste: Worms Reloaded is being made with thoughts of W:A and WWP players in mind so they definitely aim for them when they make this game. Ask Skime. ;)

But W:A and WWP players dont like how this game looks like / its playability. Or am i wrong?
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

Offline chakkman

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2010, 09:46 PM »
Yeah i guess they made the physics engine and then saw they couldnt tweak it enough to make it fit. :)

Offline skime

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2010, 11:11 PM »
True, anyway we don't know really how the game physics will be in final version, so I'm looking forward to even buy it. :o I can say that much stuff (I mean stuff for normal schemes or like bng) is on very nice level in this game.  :)

Offline nappy

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2010, 01:39 AM »
Sad (or funny) thing is that Team17 is actually expecting players to migrate from WA/WWP to this new supermegaawesome game. Nice try, dudes. :D

Offline anoamas321

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2010, 08:12 AM »
does anyone know when it going to come out

Offline skime

« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2010, 10:21 AM »
The game is coming on 26th August. ;->

http://store.steampowered.com/app/22600

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2010, 11:21 AM »
There are actually over 1000 people that play WA online, about 200-400 of which are active and continously playing from week to week, the rest come on rarely.

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2010, 03:50 PM »
We can do adversiting, more videos and show cups and leagues in Youtube,Orkut,Facebook,Twitter.

Many people love WA, but dont know how cool this game is Online, and say want return to play, but dont have more then noob PC lvl 5 teams to play...when all this players finish the campaing, stop to play because have nothing more and think the game has been boring.I am calling to many people i know about how wonderful WA is, and he is starting...(playing shoppa, hehe)

but in long time, one or 2 of them can be pro ^^

Offline Ramone

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2010, 12:09 AM »
We don't want fckn Worms Reloaded! We want W:A!!!
Hear us t17!!!
We want W:A!!!
XD
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 01:12 AM by Ramone »

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2010, 03:13 AM »
T17 Staff: /kick Ramone
xDD!
lets see new ways of play, thats all, i love WWP, u cant minimize, u HAVE to pay attention in game
Worms3D was a shit, but at least u can play on PS plataform ^^

well, i prefer W:A now, cos many ppl here playing and some good buddies in
day by day

silla !