Forums
May 15, 2024, 07:59 PM

Author Topic: Worms Reloaded  (Read 16350 times)

Offline chakkman

Re: Worms Reloaded
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2010, 12:43 PM »
I was speaking of Worms Reloaded actually when i said we had more insight. But well, if you feel like i offended your oh so great oldschool status now, nevermind. :)

Offline xStratovariuSx

« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2010, 12:55 PM »
Well, if you were talking about WR sorry for misunderstanding it, but as i said it before, many things has changed/is still changing/will be changed. They won't stop working until most of ppl is satisfied as they promised (and I do want to believe it). Being a WA old schooler is not the point. I was just saying I couldn't say anything if I were new to this game.
TEA is alive, just not kicking. :)

Offline Crazy

« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2010, 01:12 PM »
I`ve noticed many oldschoolers stopping by to say hi are being `hated`, like Jmoberg at the team17 forums, pure flamethread... Some wormers find them a bit selfgood and arrogant I think :o Welcome to TUS though, Strato :)

Offline chakkman

« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2010, 01:18 PM »
Team17 is commercial company. Means they make money with their products. They sell Worms Reloaded for 19,99 € or so on Steam. Dunno how long they develop this game now, i guess something like 2-3 years or so including the Xbox version. They have a calculated budget which they probably won't be able to exceed. Even if they patch it it will probably only be bugfixes, they cannot spent more time and money in developping it into a completely new direction. If you take a look at other games the changes to the game after patches were very minor. It's not like with W:A where people work on it to improve it in their free time getting nothing for their work. There's a software company behind it who needs to look after their profit otherwise they'd be gone soon...

Don't know how long i have to bring logical arguments here... just have to use your head to know that there won't be revolutionary changes in such a short time. And i don't think it would be fair either to compare this game with W:A or even wait for a new W:A with updated graphics and new weapons. It just won't be. Take it as it is or go on playing W:A.

@ Crazy: It's not about a flame war against oldschoolers or something... it's just that i'm sick of people excusing their arrogance towards "newer" players like me (i play this game for 4 years lol...) with their pseudo oldschool knowledge (note that i think some people played this game for 10 years and still don't understand shit...). Especially when they get something in the wrong throat, not even reading my post precisely...

« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 01:21 PM by chakkman »

Offline xStratovariuSx

« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2010, 01:51 PM »
I`ve noticed many oldschoolers stopping by to say hi are being `hated`, like Jmoberg at the team17 forums, pure flamethread... Some wormers find them a bit selfgood and arrogant I think :o Welcome to TUS though, Strato :)

Woah, hey crazy :) how are you man ? I remember the last time i registered in a WA forum you were there too, talking about a numbered-dotts rr. :)
About Jmo, well, anyone from those times would treat him with the respect he deserves, not cause he really was a good roper, but he was a good friend. However, i think his post was a bit "that's right kids, it's the super me, be happy"... and I know ppl really don't care about how good you were or how old you are.
And that's also not my intention here in this forum. I just wanted to meet some good old friends cause I think WR is a really good chance to gather ppl from 10 years ago.
The way I think, many many people quit worms cause they simply lost interest, like me... and WR made my eyes go bright. I know many ppl do still enjoy WA, it's not my case, and it won't be. WA is awesome, but I want something new. And I'm talking to some old friends and I'm actually succeding in getting them to buy WR, cause they have the same interest as me. Meet old friends, and enjoy a new Worms game. Like Herm and Volrin. And my search only just began. :)

Team17 is commercial company. Means they make money with their products. They sell Worms Reloaded for 19,99 € or so on Steam. Dunno how long they develop this game now, i guess something like 2-3 years or so including the Xbox version. They have a calculated budget which they probably won't be able to exceed. Even if they patch it it will probably only be bugfixes, they cannot spent more time and money in developping it into a completely new direction. If you take a look at other games the changes to the game after patches were very minor. It's not like with W:A where people work on it to improve it in their free time getting nothing for their work. There's a software company behind it who needs to look after their profit otherwise they'd be gone soon...

Don't know how long i have to bring logical arguments here... just have to use your head to know that there won't be revolutionary changes in such a short time. And i don't think it would be fair either to compare this game with W:A or even wait for a new W:A with updated graphics and new weapons. It just won't be. Take it as it is or go on playing W:A.

Well, it's your word against T17's then. I know how hard it is to play a game that's updated once in a lifetime :/ My game (TF2), in the other hand, has about
1 update per week. I'm used to that, it's how a company shows respect for their costumers. Are you used to that ?

@ Crazy: It's not about a flame war against oldschoolers or something... it's just that i'm sick of people excusing their arrogance towards "newer" players like me (i play this game for 4 years lol...) with their pseudo oldschool knowledge (note that i think some people played this game for 10 years and still don't understand shit...). Especially when they get something in the wrong throat, not even reading my post precisely...

Well, who's being arrogant now ? You know what, take it as I don't understand shit ok ? :) It really doesn't make a difference to me comming from who.. i mean.. you.

Offline GhostToast

« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2010, 02:23 PM »
Hey all old and new wormers alike. I'm an oldie, for the record, though not trying to sound like I should be treated like a God or anything. Just want you to know my perspective.

I, like Strat, enjoyed the HELL out of WA for a few years when it was "new", and miss the old days. I got excited about Reloaded's announcement, was even considering getting the Wii "Battle Islands" game. Just to have a new game that's Worms. I got WA to work while waiting for Reloaded, and while it's still fun, I do long for the community integration that Steam will provide, and for everything to just "work" without having to worry if my colors are off (the color patch is patchy for me).

I really REALLY appreciate the work that users have done in maintaining WA and was actually really surprised to see how many people are still playing it! Very cool. But also really hoping that Reloaded will bring a new wave of people to the game.

It's like this - I love worms, and always have. But now a lot of new players will get a chance to see what it is all about. People that wouldn't otherwise just go buy an old version of WA and patch it and hack their PCs to allow it to work. People who say "hey, 20 bucks isn't too bad. Let's see what this is about" and who will get to have a really good time.

No, it won't be WA - and some people will never know what WA was like. Even if they got into it now. It's just a part of the internet gaming world that is a closed (mostly) chapter for many of us. But a new chapter has been written. I hope it is similar enough to WA that we can all enjoy it, but I don't expect it to be exact.

Hell, I even really enjoyed Worms: Open Warfare 2 for the DS. It was pretty different, but played so well! I think Reloaded will be like this. I hope so. Really looking forward to playing with all you old and new wormers alike that give this game a chance. Team17 has earned my respect and I want to support them. Think of it as alumni dues if nothing else  ;)

Now stop arguing on the internet and go play some worms!

Offline xStratovariuSx

« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2010, 02:43 PM »
Flawless :)

« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2010, 02:53 PM »
I watched the trailer and if theres one thing physics wise that you can clearly see sucks in comparison is the roping. Look at the roping mission bit on some trailers, the rope physics are stupid!
worm and learn

Offline GhostToast

« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2010, 02:56 PM »
does the roping suck? or is the person just going slow?
besides that, i believe the roping physics have been tweaked since then

can't remember exact quote but it's on team17 somewhere. basically they made it as much like WA as possible. i don't know if that'll be exact or not. shouldn't take too much effort to adjust.

i mean, BnG physics are going to be a bit different too. wind is altered, power is going to be different. it will take some adjusting but it's all part of "in with the new", as i see it.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2010, 03:03 PM »
You can only tweak physics within the framework of the physics. And they completely reworked the physics of the game. Trust me when i say it really feels different and kinda cheaper. Well talk is cheap, go buy it and see for yourselves then. :) Don't expect too much though...

Offline darKz

« Reply #70 on: August 05, 2010, 03:29 PM »
For a fact, the physics in WR (not only the roping) look extremely odd and not the least bit "natural" from the view of a WA player.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Ramone

« Reply #71 on: August 05, 2010, 03:31 PM »
I guess that "Hats Reloaded" will be the fun game for kids from 7 to 15 yrs old, and that's fine really! Kids should have fun and prepare their self's for W:A (when the time comes..)  ;)

p.s.No joke, have U seen those hats?! They are bigger than worms! :o Looks so awkwardly when worms moves or rope.. huuh..

Offline GhostToast

« Reply #72 on: August 05, 2010, 03:34 PM »
i gotta agree on the part of the hats in terms of roping. your visual comprehension of the worm's center of gravity will be altered so much. i suppose people will have to remove hats for their team if they're real big ropers, or just get used to it.

i hope the game isn't exactly like WA. otherwise why would i buy it again?

Offline skime

« Reply #73 on: August 05, 2010, 03:35 PM »
Haha yea Ramone some of them are so big... But belive me, after many games you get used to it and forget about something like hats, its just WORMS. :D

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #74 on: August 05, 2010, 03:39 PM »
How this hat works exactly? Can you remove all worm hats by pressing something like "insert" key?
e.g. In a skilled game, people focus where to put the mine on the worms head so that the explosion toss the worm somewhere planned. Are these hats gotta change this?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.