Forums
May 17, 2024, 08:14 PM

Author Topic: Worms Reloaded ongoing Review  (Read 12081 times)

Offline Random00

Re: Worms Reloaded ongoing Review
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2010, 10:40 AM »
I definetly need to register at t17 forums and mmake a post in this silly thread.
Just unbelievable what some people are posting there, wow  :(

Offline nappy

« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2010, 12:56 PM »
Being intermediate player, I find funny how people are claiming that "W:R is perfect for normal gaming", "normallers have finally found home", "f@#! you ropers!", etc. How the hell is it good for that if:
- you have 4 worms only, bb complex tactics (yeah sorry, elite isn't as deep as intemediate :D it's more about using patterns, you know)
- you can hardly move worms with blasts
- you can't even knock them
- there are no worm selects
So you seem to be very limited in tactics as you have no real possibilities of rearranging worms' positions. Awkward physics only make the whole thing worse. Well yeah, kids appreciate that - you can't be too good now, the game is now much more about luck.

Offline darKz

« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2010, 02:17 PM »
Being intermediate player, I find funny how people are claiming that "W:R is perfect for normal gaming", "normallers have finally found home", "f@#! you ropers!", etc. How the hell is it good for that if:
- you have 4 worms only, bb complex tactics (yeah sorry, elite isn't as deep as intemediate :D it's more about using patterns, you know)
So you seem to be very limited in tactics as you have no real possibilities of rearranging worms' positions. Awkward physics only make the whole thing worse. Well yeah, kids appreciate that - you can't be too good now, the game is now much more about luck.

tl;dr - W:R is lacking depth. :P
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2010, 03:12 PM »
Seriously, they just DO NOT understand... They just won't listen lol...

Look at especially page 4, of this thread:

http://forum.team17.com/showthread.php?t=41918&page=4

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2010, 03:59 PM »
I hate people who can't rope as much as I hate people who refuse to have sex with me.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2010, 08:05 PM »

Pls get over to this thread! http://forum.team17.com/showthread.php?t=41918&page=4

People there are complaining that the rope is overpowered even in default schemes... and so much other rubbish to!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 08:09 PM by NAiL »
worm and learn

Offline Crazy

« Reply #81 on: August 29, 2010, 12:49 AM »
I hate people who can't rope as much as I hate people who refuse to have sex with me.

Guess you hate alot of people Ropa :P

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2010, 12:55 AM »
This Draconis guy there is really really thick lol...

He keeps proving himself wrong with his own words :D

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2010, 07:20 PM »

Guess you hate alot of people Ropa :P

Not you though  :-*
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline skime

« Reply #84 on: August 30, 2010, 08:53 AM »
Btw. I played WR yesterday with 3 friends on "hotseat". And it's really fun in that way. One friend who didn't play worms before got what it is about in few seconds. :) Sad that it isn't so fun when you play alone. :p

Offline avirex

« Reply #85 on: August 30, 2010, 11:13 AM »
i guess W:R is a good way to introduce ur friends to the game.. bring them to silly old "W:R"...

like ohhhh this neat game came out.. its a strategic based game.. buncha worms blasting eachother.. sounds crazy, but its pretty fun.. haha

then shortly after.... "oh btw, im the ownzer of w:a.. i rope like jesus, and elite like moses"

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #86 on: August 30, 2010, 11:21 AM »
and elite like moses"

How cool a weapon would that be? :D

At SD in an Elite, Open the water for a few turns or something lol...

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 30, 2010, 06:04 PM »
i guess W:R is a good way to introduce ur friends to the game.. bring them to silly old "W:R"...

like ohhhh this neat game came out.. its a strategic based game.. buncha worms blasting eachother.. sounds crazy, but its pretty fun.. haha

then shortly after.... "oh btw, im the ownzer of w:a.. i rope like jesus, and elite like moses"

I used to do that with the W2 Demo, the one with the palm trees pirate map. Oh man, I have that map in my memory.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline avirex

« Reply #88 on: August 30, 2010, 06:27 PM »
w2demo map was 2 island snow terrain...  not sure i remember a palm trees one. cant remember for sure though.. im gonna try to google for pics, would be funny to see that again :D

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 30, 2010, 08:06 PM »
w2demo map was 2 island snow terrain...  not sure i remember a palm trees one. cant remember for sure though.. im gonna try to google for pics, would be funny to see that again :D

there were many versions of the demo
Eat a bag full of dicks.