Forums
May 03, 2024, 08:20 AM

Author Topic: WWP or WA  (Read 3598 times)

Offline avirex

WWP or WA
« on: December 31, 2016, 04:47 PM »

wwp>wa

damn faaaaking right!!!!!!!!!! i never understood why people get back to wa, thats why i had 3 year break when it happend, now its obvious coz well better developed after all this patches, but couldnt had it did to wwp instead?

i played wwp for a short time, but i do not remember it that well... so im curious...

why do you like wwp better? i understand why husk would like it more, because there was a couple more weaps, and nice missions, etc.

but why do you prefer wwp redi?? if im not mistaken, the roping was slightly slower.. and the ropes were super long? no????

Offline Husk

Re: WWP or WA
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 11:44 AM »
they weren't just missions that came with the game, u could create ur own single- and multiplayer missions and play them online with any1, co-op or head to head

we have hundreds of schemes and thousands of maps now here in wa, but if all these years wwp was the shit, we would have thousands of custom missions aswell...

but we have 0 |:

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 12:10 PM »
the gameplay was exactly the same

wormpot allowed some interesting multiplayer modes like "points for weapons" or quality of life improvements such as sticky mode on warmers. But beyond that, the moment you could minimize in WA the latter became a much superior game.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Husk

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2017, 12:16 PM »
yeah was something like minimizing too difficult to make for wwp?

Offline Triad

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017, 12:19 PM »
...the moment you could minimize in WA the latter became a much superior game.
I shit you not I am hesitating to stop playing Skyrim and go with Skyrim SE because you can actually Alt+Tab properly. xD

Offline HHC

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2017, 01:24 PM »
WWP's pot was good.

The menu works faster and you can minimize, that's the sole reason WA won AFAIK.
Definitely after the patches.

Custom missions are only popular if you can't make them :x
I think only a handful were made when WWP was popular for a little while.

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2017, 02:31 PM »
I'd prefer if it was WWP that got all the patches instead of W:A, but things have turned out the other way and we can't do much about it. I've heard that W:A 4.0 would allow to play WWP missions if the user owns WWP CD, or something like that, but 4.0 isn't going to happen anytime soon.

i understand why husk would like it [WWP] more, because there was a couple more weaps
PC versions of W:A and WWP always had an identical set of weapons.

if im not mistaken, the roping was slightly slower..
uhm... no?

and the ropes were super long?
Wasn't that just an option, like TestStuff is in W:A?
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2017, 05:46 PM »
they weren't just missions that came with the game, u could create ur own single- and multiplayer missions and play them online with any1, co-op or head to head

we have hundreds of schemes and thousands of maps now here in wa, but if all these years wwp was the shit, we would have thousands of custom missions aswell...

but we have 0 |:
really don't think custom missions would be as popular as scheme based maps.  your predictions of 'thousands' or user missions is a bit obtuse, it would be like the PX community, very small and very few maps made.

Offline Y2JID

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2017, 05:52 PM »
i really liked wwp  :) when it was busy shame no1 plays it now
Uh, yo, it just so happen this how Y2JID thing started
Flip two aces and get two face cards
It happens, chip stackin'
I turn around, see a bunch of chicks clappin'
But a girl walked by, caught my eye
So I said, 'What the f@#!, stand here and give me luck'
And she whispered in my ear
A purple one on there and put a pink one on there

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2017, 08:47 PM »
anyways, its literally the same game, if team17 made some additional weapons and content from W:A to WWP, WWP would be the one updated.  Instead they sold a full price game with the content of a 5$ add-on pack.  f@#! WWP I say, I was cheated out of my money, would not play again.

if WA never existed, it would be a different story, but WWP was t17 giving me and the community the middle finger, im glad it was never updated.

WWP was one of the most disappointing games I've ever played, everyone had such high hopes for it when it came out, but hours after everyone got online they realized that it was repackaged shit.

Offline Prankster

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2017, 09:35 PM »
Instead they sold a full price game with the content of a 5$ add-on pack.

And they seem to be doing the same ever since.

Offline HHC

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2017, 10:37 PM »

Proof? Or just playin' on sentiments?

Offline Prankster

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2017, 10:55 PM »

Proof? Or just playin' on sentiments?

Why would you ask for proof, it's an impression. Most worms-themed game they came out with seems the same to me, just the graphics get pimped a bit from time to time.

Offline Husk

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2017, 09:52 AM »

but we have 0 |:
really don't think custom missions would be as popular as scheme based maps.  your predictions of 'thousands' or user missions is a bit obtuse, it would be like the PX community, very small and very few maps made.

but it is not, pretty much everyone i played wwp with had tried making custom mission or two, and i only played wwp 2 years... so imagine if all these years all the content creators who make awesome schemes and maps, had also made missions

we r talking about all the map makers who posted maps for wmdb... i'm sure any1 who ever made maps, would be interested to get into making their own missions, but u don't know what u want unless u try it... like u said wa players getting mad at t17 for selling wa (with bonus features) as full prices game so ofc they missed out because they didn't like wwp to begin with
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 10:00 AM by Husk »

Offline Triad

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2017, 11:16 AM »
Even if there wouldn't be missions as much as maps, still it would be a nice thing to have. For example TCB, it is such a cool shit, now imagine that with mission feature of WWP, now that would be sick.