Forums
April 29, 2024, 02:12 AM

Author Topic: WWP or WA  (Read 3584 times)

Offline Husk

Re: WWP or WA
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2017, 11:21 AM »
nah triad, let's debate if it is thousands or hundreds

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2017, 11:24 AM »
I played WWP until it died and I never met someone who told me to play his custom mission

MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Triad

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2017, 11:36 AM »
nah triad, let's debate if it is thousands or hundreds

Offline Husk

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2017, 11:41 AM »
yeah I guess u were into clanners back then, but I enjoyed the custom missions, so much creative stuff people put into them

Offline HHC

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2017, 12:18 PM »
Why would you ask for proof, it's an impression. Most worms-themed game they came out with seems the same to me, just the graphics get pimped a bit from time to time.

It goes by the same principle, but what series of a game doesn't? Battlefield1 is still the same idea as 1942, but it's a great game.
Worms Revolution (2.5d, classes, water) and WMD (vehicles, crafting, etc.) add unique features that are worthy of a stand-alone sequel. Whether they are as good as WA is a different discussion, but I don't think it's fair to say they are all basically the same.

Offline Prankster

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2017, 01:18 PM »
Why would you ask for proof, it's an impression. Most worms-themed game they came out with seems the same to me, just the graphics get pimped a bit from time to time.

It goes by the same principle, but what series of a game doesn't? Battlefield1 is still the same idea as 1942, but it's a great game.
Worms Revolution (2.5d, classes, water) and WMD (vehicles, crafting, etc.) add unique features that are worthy of a stand-alone sequel. Whether they are as good as WA is a different discussion, but I don't think it's fair to say they are all basically the same.

So, out of 10-odd, that's 2 titles adding something significant to the gameplay.
I've never played Battlefield, but I can, for example, relate to Need for Speed or COD. And I feel the same about them. While there's some nice additions to those series, most of the sequels are very similar, even fans are saying this (at least about COD, not sure about NfS).

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2017, 05:48 PM »
When WWP came out, I thought it was better than WA at 1st, the Rope was slightly different and I preferred it.

As a few others have stated the fact you couldn't minimize WWP is what killed it for me, especially when you play schemes where what the opponent does isn't important.

Offline Gabriel

• Slacker is a queefer

• Chile Chile
  • UC UC clan

• Might come back later idk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2017, 05:53 PM »
WWP missions were really hard :D
Mole shopper is the worst thing in the world.

Offline lalo

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2017, 07:26 PM »
I played WWP until it died and I never met someone who told me to play his custom mission

Maybe you never met Metrophobo from the Spanish clan LAW, he did some cool and crazy wxw missions.
For me and some wwp guys not being able to minimize the game was what made it so special and cherished. We had to pay attention and focus on the game and chat. In wa I cant play a game without minimizing to browse some silly webpages or music.

Offline Gabriel

• Slacker is a queefer

• Chile Chile
  • UC UC clan

• Might come back later idk
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2017, 07:34 PM »

Maybe you never met Metrophobo from the Spanish clan LAW, he did some cool and crazy wxw missions.
For me and some wwp guys not being able to minimize the game was what made it so special and cherished. We had to pay attention and focus on the game and chat. In wa I cant play a game without minimizing to browse some silly webpages or music.

holy shit this
^^^^^^^^^^^^ x10000
people just play and barely read the chat anymore
Mole shopper is the worst thing in the world.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2017, 12:46 PM »
the Rope was slightly different and I preferred it.

it was exactly the same
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline theredi

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2017, 01:02 PM »
It wasnt...

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2017, 01:05 PM »
it was and it has been proven many times, the code is identical
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline yanme

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2017, 09:17 PM »

nope!!

the rope was slower in wwp, i switched very often daily between wwp and w:a back in 2005 and there was a different...

it was similar to change from WMD to WA (like WA to WWP), WMD is much faster! even if t17says that the code for the roping is the same.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2017, 09:54 PM »

nope!!

the rope was slower in wwp, i switched very often daily between wwp and w:a back in 2005 and there was a different...

it was similar to change from WMD to WA (like WA to WWP), WMD is much faster! even if t17says that the code for the roping is the same.
simple solution to this, ask CS/DC