Forums
May 02, 2024, 01:37 AM

Author Topic: WWP or WA  (Read 3594 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: WWP or WA
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2017, 12:07 AM »
It's the same code, just few tweaks here and there.

Or, it's same code, just game physics are slightly different making the rope act/feel different.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2017, 01:45 PM »
physics are code

I discussed this same topic to lengths ages ago. In the end I figured it had to do with frame rate or a different speed in reading keyboard inputs. Nope

fact remains, it's the exact same and the rope behaves exactly the same and this has been confirmed many times by different people including Cybershadow
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2017, 02:34 PM »
Ok, can you prove it?

Something is making it different...

It's definitely different... Somehow...

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2017, 02:48 PM »
yes I guess I can prove it, but that's too much hassle just for chit chat, you're going to have to take my word for it like a grown up man
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline HHC

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2017, 03:23 PM »
I call hoax, it's different.

It takes an above average roper such as myself to understand the fine difference between a WA rope and a WWP rope.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2017, 03:35 PM »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2017, 11:44 PM »
Aerox you spent a chunky portion of your life here hunting people to argue with, prove it or it's another bullsh*t post.

Offline StepS

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2017, 12:05 AM »
The rope is the same, it's the input code that did weird things, which caused it "not to be the same", such as "framedrops" of keypresses.
WA and WWP ropes are identical at their code base. The physics are the same. Worms2 is the only one that's different, and in many ways. Also note that the "improved rope" feature of RubberWorm only simulates a very small part of the Worms2 rope (such as angle and acceleration), and not its unique physics.
I was initially going to reply after Aerox's first comment, but I hoped the thread would calm down on its own. Seems like I have to post this as there's still lots of misinformation in the air.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 12:19 AM by StepS »
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Csongi

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2017, 12:11 AM »
you  spent a chunky portion of your life here hunting people to argue with

Really? xddd
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work." - Robert Orben

[avirex`mm] ill rape ur mother
[avirex`mm] twice in the same night
[avirex`mm] and she will ask for a third
[avirex`mm] cuz she's a whore

kins> Don't let girls ruins ur tus games :)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2017, 12:17 AM »
The rope is the same, it's the input code that did weird things, which caused it "not to be the same".misinformation in the air.

I was sure it was along these lines, cuz I remember when WWP came out they said they used the same code, but it acts differently, never knew what it was.

By the way, in future, if you know the truth, please don't hesitate to jump in :)

I'd still like an article by Team17 or something if possible just to confirm, but yeah.

And all I meant by that is Aerox spends so much time telling people they are wrong I thought he would take the opportunity to actually prove it for once :/

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2017, 11:35 AM »
Komodo when you want to post, try and post the opposite of what youre thinking that way hopefuly youll get something right for the first time. Also listen to those that know way more than you on particular subjects

when WWP came out Team17 got tired of announcing it was a totally different code done from scratch. Theyre not a valid source nor are they the ones who confirmed all this.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 11:38 AM by Aerox »
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2017, 01:19 PM »
Ah whatever, i'm done lol, wish we could just have a laugh like we used to when we were young...

Arguing over game physics n stuff all the time, doesn't even make a difference who is right anyway, this is ridiculous...

I bet there are so many things we could relate to together if this petty crap stopped.