Forums
May 20, 2024, 03:02 AM

Author Topic: New plan for leagues  (Read 14744 times)

Offline Dub-c

Re: New plan for leagues
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2012, 10:58 AM »
I personally don't think this idea brought forward would be a good change.
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline Ray

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2012, 10:59 AM »
And Ray, I don't feel that your idea is fair on the other 99%
What do you mean? ??? The discussion should be recorded and posted on the site.

Offline twistah

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2012, 11:27 AM »
i'm not too sure about changing something in a drastic way. my suggestion for now is just to remove shopper and hysteria in a rating system where points for elite, rr and all those good schemes are getting summed up. and maybe the season lenght is enough if you reduce it to 1 month. i always hated to wait 2 or 3 months untill finally the playoffs starts

Offline darKz

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2012, 11:32 AM »
I don't have the perfect plan as of yet but I'm thinking hard here. avi and everyone else who says "you're not even playing", cut it, change is good when it's an improvement to everyone actively playing right? Your argument has no weight. Take your hate for ropa somewhere else and let's be productive here.

Also, it wasn't 1 thread which caused this discussion, it was like 3 or 4 threads. The latest one being the drip too much which caused the barrel to overflow.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Ray

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2012, 11:34 AM »
i'm not too sure about changing something in a drastic way. my suggestion for now is just to remove shopper and hysteria in a rating system where points for elite, rr and all those good schemes are getting summed up. and maybe the season lenght is enough if you reduce it to 1 month. i always hated to wait 2 or 3 months untill finally the playoffs starts
Removing a scheme is a bit complicated, since then do you remove the points of those from the overall to each season? That wouldn't be fair, or from just next season? So, hmm, I don't know.

The bigger problem with a season that is so long is that some players get to play a lot of games at the early stage of the season, then just take their place at the top of the standing table and just wait for the season to end and not play any more games, so it's difficult to catch them or qualify to a Playoffs spot. End of the season is always more inactive.

Offline Hussar

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2012, 11:34 AM »
Separete league is very good idea,

Many peoples dont play tus coz they not play some other shemes, coz they dont like or just dont have skills to play it.

Guy who like only rope shemes will not play league coz they rules force him to play bng past 50 min.
 ...from others side, Guy who is pro in ground shemes must to play ttrr. Maybe he dont wanna spending many of hes time to learning roper?

what about those players?

Current league system is maked only for overall players who can play all shemes ---- yeye,i know then its TEL but its not enaugh.

if we make seperate league for all shemes, tus will have more players,
more players = more fun.

thats the point.

Offline Ray

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2012, 11:42 AM »
Separete league is very good idea,

Many peoples dont play tus coz they not play some other shemes, coz they dont like or just dont have skills to play it.

Guy who like only rope shemes will not play league coz they rules force him to play bng past 50 min.
 ...from others side, Guy who is pro in ground shemes must to play ttrr. Maybe he dont wanna spending many of hes time to learning roper?

what about those players?

Current league system is maked only for overall players who can play all shemes ---- yeye,i know then its TEL but its not enaugh.

if we make seperate league for all shemes, tus will have more players,
more players = more fun.

thats the point.
Yes, every single league in the history of worms - okay, might be exaggerating here - was an all-around league. So was this. The Classic League is an all-around league and you shouldn't be competing in it unless you do play each scheme that it includes, you can't go "ah BnG? okay free win bye" that is just not how it works.

Just imagine what you are saying, I'm referring to an older post of mine in this thread, we are separated enough already! Just think about it, 10 people asking for TUS game in #AnythingGoes, each for a different scheme? That is madness, nonsense. There are just not enough people who actively play here for that to happen.

Offline twistah

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2012, 11:58 AM »
for ttrr you don't really need to put something new up. theres those challenges and i think that's enough. although i don't play them since it's all about the longer you try the better time you get. i used to try some in the past and on one map i was 3rd with 2 seconds slower than mab and ryan. so yeah, i'm absolutely no fan of "the longer you try, the better result you get". doesn't really say anything about your skill. why? because in a league game mab and ryan would prolly beat my by 5-10 seconds and in challenges only by 2-3 seconds.. yup.

TEL is cool. i always liked elite and theres a handfull people that like it too. community is really poor these days though. not many oldies around that are/were good. mainly nubies that play weird schemes all day. it's even worse than back in the days. and back in the days this game was dead already. now it's almost burried

nor am i a fan of bng since you can learn every shot in 1-2 months and then you gonna hit like every shot. kinda like those ttrr challenges. whatever

i dunno really, a league with top 6 schemes is good, doesn't need to be seperated, but please remove shopper and hysteria since you can't compare them skillwise with elite, t17, ttrr, roper, wxw or bng. major change should be the removing of those 2 schemes.

you could do seperated leagues of course. but then the statistics got to stay and not beeing resetted every season which just motivates me more to play them. with resetted ratings and stats you just play to qualify for the playoffs. but with keeping stats you are about to get good stats AND qualify for po's u know. that way we can seperate a rope league, tel, t17 and all that stuff + having an allrouind (classic) league with those 6 schemes. that league can be resetted i think

i also like the dub_c idea with top 10 on front page and what not. good stuff

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2012, 12:02 PM »
Shopper doesn't take any less skill than any other scheme. It's just, generally speaking, people use very bad schemes and very bad maps, thus making it lose much of its real depth.

Since people seem to be unable to comprehend that WxW and Roper are basically the same scheme, a work around that has worked in the past (although clearly flawed) is to add WxW and Shopper as the same rating, but it makes little sense because historically, the best shoppers were usually more "default" players. But for some strange reason, people seem to think that because rope is used to often in shopper, rope skill plays a big role in it, but it doesn't.

MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline twistah

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2012, 12:13 PM »
i have no idea what your intentions are. whatever

yeah ropa. shopper doesn't need any skill besides piling worms and making right use of the weapons. it's just crap.. wxw ftw

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2012, 12:22 PM »
Basically twistah, I disagree and I love family guy.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2012, 12:36 PM »
Wow. It's good to see signs of people who fights for current system finally. Seriously why can't you just discuss a simple thing? I said new plan, ehm let me quote myself:

Many of you have been with this plan for long enough, so it is a good time to gather your ideas for tweaks or new plans for the leagues. (or even not touching it at all!)

I put 3 options on the table, tweak, new plan or not touching current system. Why you guys lost temper? :o
The new plan was around before HHC's new points system. Then Anubis mentioned it in Hysteria thread. Why attacking ropa?

This is just a thread to see if there are better solutions. I even marked the new plan as flawed/incomplete. Take a deep breath and think if we could change to a better system or not. Nobody said we're removing 3 years of stats or anything.

lol this is just a discussion thread. I swear I didn't meant any mama joke by it.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2012, 12:40 PM »
I disagree too.

Separate the leagues by scheme will cause a bizarre inactivity in TUS. Some schemes like BnG and Team17 will be forgotten and wont touch playoffs.

The same for "divisions plan". Ppl wanna create fake accounts to play in the lower divisions to take season trophies.

So imo i believe that the current system is the best.

How to be a good wormer? Playing all schemes. Being a overrall. The proposed system goes against this.

If We can to make it better, the main change must to be about the schemes - not about the system.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 12:42 PM by Professor »

Offline HHC

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2012, 12:42 PM »
Current new flawed/incomplete plan:

All leagues will be merged into one. There will be no Classic, TEL or anything. Instead, all schemes will have the opportunity to have playoffs if they get qualified by enough activity.
Each scheme receives its own season length. For example, 2 months for Elite, 3 months for Intermediate and after that system checks for the possibility of their playoffs. It is kinda like each scheme has its own league.

I like this idea, of one big league with seperate playoffs for all schemes. The picks are gonna be a hassle though. And also, you probably need to pay attention all of the sub-leagues get the attention they deserve. This could turn into quite a mess if all schemes start at random times during the month.. people will find it hard to gain a good overview of the situation.

Since our community needs to know the best all rounders defined by certain schemes, system will pick the best 4, 8, 16 players of last seasons of all specified schemes (leagues), and set a playoffs combining of those schemes.

The (former) classic league schemes only? Or does moleshopper count too?

I find division plans cool and interesting, but I don't support them because at this time, I think our community doesn't have enough activity to handle division plans.

I liked the divisions in WACL though. They were like groups in cups. Not vertical (best players in div1 and so forth), but horizontal (all players divided randomly in groups, best 2 or so advance to p/o's.). It was always a thrill to see what players/clans were in your group; and it also gave not-so-good players a chance to advance if they had the luck to be paired into an easy group.
However, WACL was for clans.. in singles it would run into quite a few issues. I used this system for WL in the early months, but more than 50 players it cannot sustain.

I already posted the idea of alternating schemes each month. Most people like multiple schemes, so it shouldn't be hard to get a TRL up each month that they like to play in.
That's just a first thought though, I'm planning to think about this some more  :)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 12:44 PM by HHC »

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2012, 12:54 PM »
The (former) classic league schemes only? Or does moleshopper count too?

All-rounder will be by the schemes we specify. Also, same can go for some collection like free league.

To non-creative people,
I've already done leagues for TUS2, so it is not very pleasant for me to recode it, not to mention a new plan changes many many things in the codes. I did this thread cause I see a drop in activity and I'd like to see what changes could lift things back up again.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 12:58 PM by MonkeyIsland »
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.