Forums
April 29, 2024, 08:28 AM

Author Topic: TEL will be disabled.  (Read 14981 times)

Offline StepS

Re: TEL will be disabled.
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2012, 06:27 PM »
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 06:31 PM by StepS »
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Guaton

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2012, 06:57 PM »
;/

Offline harpy

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2012, 07:10 PM »
was my plans   >:(  8) - joke have other pro plans  :D
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 07:21 PM by harpy »

Offline HHC

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2012, 07:28 PM »
already posted mine:  :)

TEL has been going on for too long. Elite could be added as just another TRL-scheme.

In that case we'd go down 1 league (only Classic, Free & TRL left), that's not a bad thing IMO.

A 4th league could be used though for experimental things:
1/3 of the seasons as a back-up TRL (for Elite mostly)
1/3 of the seasons as an alternative all-round league (with only all rope schemes, or only all default schemes for example [edit: or that each player remove 3 schemes-thing])
1/3 of the seasons as a TRL for the most popular FreeLeague scheme

Something like that

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2012, 08:28 PM »
doubletime will not be happy  :P

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2012, 08:37 PM »
Why can't we find ways of making TEL a bit more interesting?

I am actually a bit saddened at this news of disabling TEL, I don't play but I check the TEL games played and the standings every morning after work, I thought we had already agreed that activity in TEL isn't a problem neither should it be one, I thought everyone agreed that TEL should have it's own League regardless? 400 games a Season is still good amongst the hardcore followers and I think that is special enough for it to remain like that, imo it's still active until it drops below 100 games...

Offline chakkman

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2012, 08:45 PM »
400 games a Season is still good amongst the hardcore followers and I think that is special enough for it to remain like that, imo it's still active until it drops below 100 games...

Imagine 100 games per season, and imagine approximately 20-30 players playing those 100 games. Then you can calculate what it would take to reach po's. Even 400 games is very, very few...

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2012, 08:46 PM »
We don't REALLY need playoffs though for TEL, but at the moment we can still have 4 players doing playoffs with 30-40 games played each, I think it's still worthy to watch, especially because those players are at the top of their game.

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2012, 08:58 PM »
maybe TAL ?

TUS AERIAL LEAGUE  ?

:)

Offline SPW

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2012, 10:23 PM »
MI, this would not be a good way in my opinion.

Guess without a fixed default ladder many people dont see any reason to keep playing worms. And that would be sad.

I dont think it will fall down 400 a season, its the down peak.

Just let it like it is. It's still a nice ladder, imo.

Offline nino

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2012, 10:38 PM »
Porra!  MI  :<
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline twistah

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2012, 10:46 PM »
A reason for inactivity could be the amount of games u have to play to even get the chance to reach the playoffs. Not sure.

Offline nino

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2012, 10:52 PM »
A reason for inactivity could be the amount of games u have to play to even get the chance to reach the playoffs. Not sure.

agreed, me per exemple, i would play some TEL  weekends if there were a chance to get in the playoffs playing few games.

You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline twistah

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2012, 11:05 PM »
That's what I'm talking about. There are some flaws in the system, not in the leagues itself. The best you can have is to check at any scheme you want the top 10 players. And this is here not supported. Not resetting those leagues, but giving the players the opportunity to reset their account. I liked FB back in the days the most with the standings system and stuff. Everything what later came out wasn't the same. And with TUS I never really started before I had my break of Worms. Couldn't get into it for some reason. Wasn't enjoying.

Offline franz

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2012, 11:28 PM »
here was my idea from that 'New plan for leagues' thread

TEL is suffering from too many consecutive seasons, so I have an idea that will likely help TEL and other TRL schemes.

Multiple TRL's.  Split up the schemes by popularity, so you have different tiers.  One tier could be Elite/Hysteria, so those two schemes would alternate back and forth in their own tier.  All the other schemes could be their own tier, or you could split up even more by popularity (like another TRL tier could be TTRR/Team17 just looking at the Season Info page activity).  What this does is keep schemes more fresh by not repeating 2 times in a row or more, and it let's schemes not have to take forever to show up in TRL again since they'll be in their own tier.

so TEL can still shut down in a few days. but when the current TRL:Hysteria season ends in 5 weeks, we could start this idea starting with Elite in the rotation, then alternate it with Hysteria the following season, and then back and forth continuously.  I think this is a nice compromise  8)

also we lowered the TEL/TRL minimum games from 50 down to 30. would you still recommend even lower nino? 20?

I think the win% requirement should be removed too, because each win is not the same, so +50% win percentage shouldn't really be necessary