Forums
April 29, 2024, 02:32 PM

Author Topic: TEL will be disabled.  (Read 14999 times)

Offline Wolfgang

Re: TEL will be disabled.
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2012, 11:31 PM »
:( :( :( :(
16:26: Husks> tell now xD more demon soul cannot be wolfy MAYBE??? 
16:26: TaG`Wolfgang> DUNNO IF IM WOLFY OR A DEMON 
16:27: Husks> GO DEMON AWAY FROM MY FRIENDMATE WOLFGANG CONCHETUMARE!!!!!!!!!!1111111111 LEAVEEEEEE 
16:27: TaG`Wolfgang> xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Offline nino

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2012, 11:58 PM »

also we lowered the TEL/TRL minimum games from 50 down to 30. would you still recommend even lower nino? 20?

ye 20, or even 25.
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline SPW

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2012, 12:13 AM »
here was my idea from that 'New plan for leagues' thread

TEL is suffering from too many consecutive seasons, so I have an idea that will likely help TEL and other TRL schemes.

Multiple TRL's.  Split up the schemes by popularity, so you have different tiers.  One tier could be Elite/Hysteria, so those two schemes would alternate back and forth in their own tier.  All the other schemes could be their own tier, or you could split up even more by popularity (like another TRL tier could be TTRR/Team17 just looking at the Season Info page activity).  What this does is keep schemes more fresh by not repeating 2 times in a row or more, and it let's schemes not have to take forever to show up in TRL again since they'll be in their own tier.

so TEL can still shut down in a few days. but when the current TRL:Hysteria season ends in 5 weeks, we could start this idea starting with Elite in the rotation, then alternate it with Hysteria the following season, and then back and forth continuously.  I think this is a nice compromise  8)

also we lowered the TEL/TRL minimum games from 50 down to 30. would you still recommend even lower nino? 20?

I think the win% requirement should be removed too, because each win is not the same, so +50% win percentage shouldn't really be necessary

100% agree. :)

And imo 30 is okay too. I played since a few days trl and already have 30+. It goes fast.

Offline Rabbzz

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2012, 06:16 AM »
Damn I was looking forward to trying TEL  :(

Offline pr

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2012, 08:25 AM »
this topic = tel activity stimulator

Offline huskov

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2012, 02:39 PM »
i tink people restart they computers becose they dont want to lose points in TEL
or they plug-out net cable and it apears a drop. if there is way to trace this
it will be cool :) but you can't understand if it is realy a drop or restart :-\ :-\

Offline huskov

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2012, 02:42 PM »
i tink people restart they computers becose they dont want to lose points in TEL
or they plug-out net cable and it apears a drop. if there is way to trace this
it will be cool :) but you can't understand if it is realy a drop or restart :-\ :-\
or ctrl+alt+delete (task meniger) WA (running) end process (are you shure) /yes/
 :D :D :D :D

Offline Kangaroo

« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2012, 06:11 AM »
Disabling TEL is the best idea ive ever heard for getting rid of Doubletime, Im all for it :D.

jpg images

I can play CUP games  07:00-12:00 GMT weeksdays &  00:00-13:00 GMT on weekends...

Offline Ray

« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2012, 06:09 PM »
Perhaps it is time to bring back an Elite League outside of the barriers of The Ultimate Site? ::) Maybe with the divisions-ideas many people had around here.

By the way, you remove a league like TEL, but you keep Free League? Seriously? 600 games in 180 days, that's not even close to the activity TEL has. What is that anyway, a season that is 180 days long? :o Not to mention what a crap Free League is, like Hysteria in the Classic League...
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 06:11 PM by Ray »

« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2012, 06:31 PM »
I agree, I really dont see the point in removing tel unless it is going to be immediately replaced with something else. Unless its "costing" TUS, or creating unnecessary work for MI then I dont think it needs to go. As Ray said it's still more active than the free league (over time), so just keep it, or replace it with another single scheme league IMMEDIATELY!
worm and learn

Offline Gabriel

• Slacker is a queefer

• Chile Chile
  • UC UC clan

• Might come back later idk
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2012, 06:36 PM »
Perhaps it is time to bring back an Elite League outside of the barriers of The Ultimate Site? ::) Maybe with the divisions-ideas many people had around here.

By the way, you remove a league like TEL, but you keep Free League? Seriously? 600 games in 180 days, that's not even close to the activity TEL has. What is that anyway, a season that is 180 days long? :o Not to mention what a crap Free League is, like Hysteria in the Classic League...

I think free league is played by a group of few players...
Its just that the season is too long, playoffs are each 6 MONTHS and we have to wait so long :/ atleast tomorrow this season ends :D
Mole shopper is the worst thing in the world.

Offline harpy

« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2012, 06:39 PM »
I agree, I really dont see the point in removing tel unless it is going to be immediately replaced with something else. Unless its "costing" TUS, or creating unnecessary work for MI then I dont think it needs to go. As Ray said it's still more active than the free league (over time), so just keep it, or replace it with another single scheme league IMMEDIATELY!

TEL ~ elite, mole, wfw, golf. and change schemes every seasone oR NOT  :-X

Offline Ray

« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2012, 08:24 PM »
6 months long season is absolute nonsense.

Offline nino

« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2012, 08:56 PM »
MI u should've asked peoples before take a decision like this!

But maybe an outside elite league site would be more fun.

some bad things happens to improve in the future.

since theres no god, noones knows  xD.
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline franz

« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2012, 09:49 PM »
well maybe since this reaction is bigger than expected, TEL could return after a season of being disabled.

one thing I think is needed though is a change to how many people qualify for playoffs, so that some people aren't discouraged for never being able to play enough games and for other people not having their effort wasted if not enough people qualify ( currently 8 )

20 games minimum should be low enough, even for nino ;)  and lower WIN% down to 40%+, some players are being left out that I think should be included with this change

if 8+ players have 20+ games  -->  TOP 8 playoff

if 4-7 people have 20+ games  -->  TOP 4 playoff

if 2-3 people have 20+ games  -->  TOP 2 playoff