Forums
May 05, 2024, 12:46 PM

Author Topic: TEL will be disabled.  (Read 15098 times)

Offline HHC

Re: TEL will be disabled.
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2012, 02:45 PM »
Its just not fair for some groups of players. Workers dont have time and energy to do much more games just to defeat a worse player in the ranks. I'm so for e reset after every season and I guess, all other people like me are thinking the same. Best in TEL was the scheme, but not the system. 24/7 people having an huge advantage by spamming much more games. We want the best in the playoffs and no doubletime's (this just an example how spamming could be go). He was many weeks number #1 in TEL Ranks and thats just lol.

ea should make its own elite league. If someone is interested to code a page and some stuff just pm me. I also would pay money for that work. :)

That's a silly excuse IMO. Sure activity is rewarded as it is, but it's not an obligation. Crash was 5th in the last season with a record of 6-2  ;D

The only thing you needed to do was play enough games to make the playoffs requirements. If that's too many games then you're really too inactive for any league  ::)

I like how players who play a lot have a small advantage. It gives newer, enthusiastic players a chance to make the playoffs.
And I dare say, even 'workers' are capable of meeting the required games and competing with guys like Phanton. But yeah, you'll have to play more than 8 games a season  :-[

Offline avirex

« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2012, 02:53 PM »
nice post HHC, i guess that shows that most of your are just making excuses on why TEL is dead...

im not sure if any of you have dealt with the loss of a loved one, buts its difficult, denial sets in, then you make excuses, then you blame yourself, then you wonder what could you have done, could you have done more, and the what ifs are never ending....

eventually, the grief will end, and you will remember the good times you had together, and the tears you once cried thinking of that person, will turn into smiles each time they cross your mind. ( in this case TEL )

R.I.P. Danny, Luke, Justin, Lisa, and least importantly TEL.

Offline HHC

« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2012, 02:57 PM »
o cmon avi, don't make me cry now  :-[

Offline avirex

« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2012, 02:59 PM »
awww, dont cry HHC, its going to be ok....   TEL would not want you to cry for him man!! TEL would want you to celebrate his life, not morn his death!!! lets meet in AG and have an Elite game in his honor?!!

be strong HHC, be strong.

edit: no seriously, wanna Elite?   come to AG.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2012, 03:00 PM »
I'll probably change TEL to another TRL for default schemes. So one TRL rotates on ropes and one on defaults.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline avirex

« Reply #65 on: April 27, 2012, 03:05 PM »
i think thats a good idea... will be less waiting for those who want to see a specific scheme on TRL...

and when elite does hit TRL, people will be a bit more enthusiastic  to play it...

because lets face it, the numbers in TEL dropped every single season, more and more.. and its not because anyone has a job :X

Offline Peja

« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2012, 03:09 PM »
well numbers in trl also dropped when its not hysteria (even less games as in last tel season) this idea sounds good.
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline SPW

« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2012, 08:34 PM »
Its a good idea, yea. But still the "little problem" with the system. There should be a reset after every season, same chance to everyone.

And HHC, you dont know me and my life so you cant imagine whats possible for me and not. Thanks anyway for your lovely words  :-*

Offline twistah

« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2012, 09:48 PM »
I'm not sure, but I have to work the whole day too. Then I'm pretty much into mastering my rap skills, participating in a tourney that just starts soon. That rap stuff eats a lot of time, trust me. Then I have a normal chilling "do nothing" real life. Meeting mates, and so on.. Yet I manage to play pretty much games actually. I just don't sleep much I guess, so I have more time than others, hehe

Offline HHC

« Reply #69 on: April 27, 2012, 10:43 PM »
Its a good idea, yea. But still the "little problem" with the system. There should be a reset after every season, same chance to everyone.

Everyone has the same chance now don't they?

That's the whole idea behind the system.. your own past rating doesn't effect how many points you score in the current season.
With a full reset people would be scoring a load of points just beating noobs.. making the system even more favourable to superactive players and noob-bashers.  :-X

And HHC, you dont know me and my life so you cant imagine whats possible for me and not.

I can imagine your activity is somewhere inbetween 0 games and 999 games each season. If you play more than is needed for playoffs atm there's no prob. If you play less, a full reset or making a league elsewhere isn't really going to help you much is it?
You'll have to think of a really weird system to make playoffs with just 10 games (or even less) played.
Or am I overlooking something?

Thanks anyway for your lovely words  :-*

I suppose you're being sarcastic?

I didn't intend to offend you in any way  ???

Offline avirex

« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2012, 01:44 AM »
SPW, your full or shit...

i have been playing this game longer then (most) anyone... i have been through it all, 50+ hour work weeks, with a girlfriend and friends to attend to, social lifes, clubbing, partying, sportings, etc.

i live an active life, and still manage to play worms (when i dont disappear) because i want to... i love worms...

and im sure you do too.. but right now your on a break.

i have been there, all oldschoolers have...

but dont make excuses for your break.... just come back when you can, and play competetive, see you then dude...

sorrry im drunk as shit, so i may not have made sense, i may shake my head to whateveri just said in the morning... but... it is what it is... gl hf ;D

Offline nino

« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2012, 01:54 AM »
ok avi, ill escuse you cos u drunk, but ye it didnot make sense, go sleep puto ! XD

SPW has a point and HHC has half point xD
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline avirex

« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2012, 02:05 AM »
edit: :D

Offline SPW

« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2012, 11:05 PM »
Avi, I did that in the past too, I wasnt workless when I started playing worms online. But the different is, I'm getting older and I feel it. So I need for example more sleep and "recharging moments", just doing nothing while laying on the coach watching TV or smth. That changed. I dont have the power and the time like many years ago. But I'm still addicted to this game and watching every day some replays, most elite, hyst, t17, wxw and shopper. Minimum games are already dropped and system is better than some season ago, I have to admit.

But still, for example the current trl season. I played against Blinky lacoste* and he really didnt play bad. When I analyse it, I just get bad odds playing him so (by comparing it with poker) this is -EV. I cant get more points then I could lost against him, longterm. Well, doesnt matter now. Its sad TEL is off, I'm still crying. :(

*edit: better example.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 02:23 PM by SPW »

Offline franz

« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2012, 01:58 AM »
Due to constant activity drop in TEL, we've decided to disable it after the current season. Ideas about improving TEL or what to do with such cases are welcome.

you guys make it sound like a death sentence. MI left it open for ideas, and some have been shared. he seems to be currently considering a default TRL with elite included. you can speak up if you like other options.