Forums
May 03, 2024, 12:20 PM

Author Topic: TNL game play  (Read 8483 times)

Offline MonkeyIsland

TNL game play
« on: January 20, 2010, 06:37 PM »
We're looking for ways to increase TNL activity.

As you know, TNL must be played with no HP drop at SD. As of today, you can play with normal luckless scheme if you come to an agreement with your opponent.

So still the default scheme is the one with no HP drop, but if you agree you can play with the other scheme.

Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline pr

Re: TNL game play
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 10:35 PM »
We're looking for ways to increase TNL activity.

As you know, TNL must be played with no HP drop at SD. As of today, you can play with normal luckless scheme if you come to an agreement with your opponent.

So still the default scheme is the one with no HP drop, but if you agree you can play with the other scheme.

Indistinct rules sux.
We could increase activity by providing tourneys but not like that.

I'd like to have 4 tourneys per week.
2 tourneys on Saturday and 2 tourneys on Sunday.
We should use free/tnl/classic schemes for tourneys.
All tourney games should be reported at TUS site in the live time (e.g. like in ftm).
All tourney games should be shown in recent total games and ppl should receive points for that games
(scoring should be different from the league scoring).
This would increase activity of FREE league and TNL league.

Offline nappy

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 10:46 PM »
You should close NNNL to make people play TNL, I fear. People just don't bother to come here when they have their own old and working league.
Maybe, try to make deal with NNN for hosting NNNL here (thus making a rebranding for TNL)? TUS system is so much better than that thing coded by NNN member Kilobyte, so this agreement is possible to reach, imho.

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 11:00 PM »
im pretty sure MI offered that to NNN already and they refused(sorry if i remember wrong MI), maybe some inter players can help convince them, i think it would bring the community together alot more

Offline nappy

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 11:07 PM »
I just can't see reasons why not. League system can be tweaked in any way they would like (I think it's not a problem), their mods will have full rights for modding here and banning players, etc, etc.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 05:50 AM »
This is part of Dario's answer when like 1 year ago I asked Dario about it:

Quote from: Dario
I feel really flattered by your offer but I think the other clan members wouldn't like our league (that has been a very important part of our clan) being absorbed by another league, specially Kilobyte who has put so much effort on coding our site.

I'm trying to give TNL more activity, not trying to take NNNL place. (if that's making some uncomfortable)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 12:50 PM by MonkeyIsland »
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline nappy

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 01:04 PM »
I'm trying to give TNL more activity, not trying to take NNNL place. (if that's making some uncomfortable)
Auditory of TNL consists of normallers, right? Because generic TUS members, having their attention shifted to rope games, won't care a lot about playing TNL, it's just not funny for them. But, why would normaller come to TNL when there is the league everybody of potentional opponents plays in?

Dario has gone. Also, some of NNN members aren't really satisfied with their league system.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 01:30 PM »
Dario has gone. Also, some of NNN members aren't really satisfied with their league system.

Are you suggesting something?

Offline nappy

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 02:29 PM »
Are you suggesting something?
I dunno, really. Of course, nobody will agree to make NNNL consumed by TUS and its TNL. But if this will be presented as aid with hosting, completely saving NNNL structure and name, who knows?

Offline Koras

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2010, 10:16 PM »
Everyone stop playing somday, its normal.
Also, some of NNN members aren't really satisfied with their league system.
:-X who? Let me quess Jakka?  :D
as an ex NNN member U should knew..... in our clan everyone can say what he want(FREE SPEECH:) )! Especially if he have good ideas...
if U care about ONL, pls tell us what's wrong with our league system:)

PR very good idea, especially since FTM is dead.

btw TT pls play your ONL 2009 play off game, U are last who didnt play.  SerGANT told me he asked U many times... thats why he will get free win if U wont play tomorrow.
http://www.kb.sinpiso.com/competitions.php?Yoffset=0&cType=5
Sorry for writing about it here but he dont visist NNN forum:)

Offline nappy

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2010, 05:31 PM »
if U care about ONL, pls tell us what's wrong with our league system:)
It is very inconvenient to use. Look how the reporting thing is made here on TUS. Also, it lacks cool player stats, is built with frames, thus making navigation retarded, etc, etc. I have no mean to offend Kilobyte, but it's indeed far from masterpiece.

Offline Kilobyte

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2010, 07:13 PM »
well, neither the designing nor the ranking system is my brainchild. The site used to be like this, before once it went down. The client was very similar, although it was an external .exe program. It was build from scratch, and I tried it to make a very similar one.

I confirm that our design is very simple, sure enough, TUS desing would overwhelm that, though I dont understand why this frame splitting would spoil it - you always reach the main menus.

Of course, no offends mate, everybody has got his own opinion ;) When our community wants something new, I will be here.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 07:26 PM by Kilobyte »

Offline nappy

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2010, 07:30 PM »
Oh, Kilo, nice to have you reading this. I'll PM you at NNN forums, cos this thread is not right place for discussing NNNL goodies, lol.

Offline Joschi

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2010, 08:46 PM »
Assuming that "not all NNN members are satisfied with the current system" is absolut bullshit. Which person you mean? It just can be Jakka and shall I say you what?? I even wouldnt consider him as clan member anymore.

I dont see any advantage for our ONL community to cooperate with TNL. Can you tell me one? More players? I dont think so.

@ TT:  Why you have absolved 193 Intermediate rounds at our league when you dislike our league system? Exactly, because the design doesnt matter anything at a league... the quality of opponents does.
I wont play in a league system, where a poll is running with the question about the player crash, if he can be a mod or not. Just lol.

I wish you good luck with increasing tnl's activity. No need to wish us bad luck for our league.

Offline nappy

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2010, 09:03 PM »
Why you have absolved 193 Intermediate rounds at our league when you dislike our league system?
You have another active normal league with skilled opponents in mind?

I dont see any advantage for our ONL community to cooperate with TNL. Can you tell me one?
Learn to read.

Also,
I wont play in a league system, where a poll is running with the question about the player crash, if he can be a mod or not.
No need to wish us bad luck for our league.
try to think sometimes, lol.