Forums
April 30, 2024, 07:54 AM

Author Topic: I hate "I quit threads".  (Read 5444 times)

Offline Ray

I hate "I quit threads".
« on: February 12, 2014, 02:02 PM »
I have decided to "officially" put myself into a retired status. As you could all see, I haven't been playing this game at all except from EAC and a few casual games every now and then, so this can't strike as a surprise. I must say that due to the lack of time on my hands and a serious lack of motivation made me realize that I just won't ever be playing professionally again. And we had that CF comeback thing which was unfortunately a huge failure, so there's that too.

I really miss this game, the competitions, the people, but that flame isn't there anymore and there's no point trying when that's gone.

I have to say a huge thank you for everyone, the friends, the competitors, the haters, the weirdos, the drunks, everyone.

I have a huge personal thank you to say to MonkeyIsland. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have my career right now - ironically, the one that drives me apart from this community and you as well - and for that I owe you for the rest of my life. I never would have made it without your guidance and patient help, you taught me not only the ways of our industry but also how to be a better person. Thank you!

Another one goes to Random00, who helped me develop and maintain a professional attitude towards anything really, helped me become better at what I do and always challenged me to be better and to drive to be a better me. The amount of fun we had together playing is beyond anything I would have ever imagined that I would experience in this game and I hope we will hang out. Thank you!

You are all special to me, take care of yourselves.

Offline Free

Re: I hate "I quit threads".
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 02:46 PM »
Cya in few.

<3

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 03:06 PM »
Just stop taking everything seriously and professionally, casual gaming with friends is the way all games should be played imo. But if you wanna do it the hard way, then good luck anyway :D

P.S. I like how these guys enjoy WA:
almost like clanning with dt xD
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 03:09 PM by Statik »

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline barman

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 03:19 PM »
professionally
What were your monthly WA earnings?
My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best

Offline Rogi

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 03:47 PM »
professionally
red eyes, and hemorrhoids for each game :D
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Calm the hell down.|

Offline Korydex

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 03:52 PM »
del
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 04:16 PM by Korydex »

Offline SPW

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 04:22 PM »
We will see us again, but I respect your move. Maybe you will find time to play EAC 2014. Peace Bro!  :)

PS, we will come back, some day.  8) Anyway, you will keep the good moments for the rest of your life.  :) CF forever!  :-*

Offline Anubis

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2014, 07:55 PM »
professionally

I think he actually means a professional gaming attitude rather than really earning money with it.

Offline avirex

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2014, 08:34 PM »
Just stop taking everything seriously and professionally, casual gaming with friends is the way all games should be played imo. But if you wanna do it the hard way, then good luck anyway :D

lol sounds like mickey mouse is playing worms :DD

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2014, 08:41 PM »

lol sounds like mickey mouse is playing worms :DD

+1 lol

Offline darKz

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2014, 11:29 PM »
I'm sure we'll chat on Facebook / Skype from time to time. :)
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2014, 06:22 AM »
professionally
lol bart i was thinking the same thing, "was there ever such a thing as a professional wa gamer?"  the answer, of course, is no. 

ray, i wish i got to beat you, unfortunately i think you killed me in every game we played.  so in that sense, you will always be a pro's pro to me.

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2014, 10:42 AM »
cu soon Ray ;)
As SPW said it, i hope to catch u in EAC 2014

Offline Anubis

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2014, 12:34 PM »
professionally
lol bart i was thinking the same thing, "was there ever such a thing as a professional wa gamer?"  the answer, of course, is no. 

ray, i wish i got to beat you, unfortunately i think you killed me in every game we played.  so in that sense, you will always be a pro's pro to me.

That's false, you could earn money in GIGA, a lot actually. DarK can tell you about that in-depth.

Offline SPW

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2014, 05:57 PM »
Yep, CF having professional wormers. CF-Medal won 2.000€ by winning giga. CF-Random00 also won a lot of money with EAC. And we all know that every winner of TEL will win 100$. Maybe soon in classics too.

By the way, Medals win was the highest payout in the worm history. So at the end, CF is a pro clan.  ;D Like few others.