Forums
May 18, 2024, 07:33 AM

Author Topic: EAC 2012 - Smalltalk  (Read 12230 times)

Offline Ray

Re: EAC 2012 - Smalltalk
« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2012, 01:21 PM »
SPW, I think splitting the players into groups would kill the whole "everyone play against everyone" spirit of EAC, which makes it so damn great in my opinion.

We had a little talk with Random about this long before the event even started and we agreed that for next year, we would implement a small app to the website that would make this whole process very very easy.

The idea is simple: before a week starts, you log in to the site and simply fill out a little timetable for the next week. All you have to do, is simply click on the times and fill out the whole table with "Free" "Busy" or "Unknown". A rule should force you to do this, say, until Friday midnight, else you get some sort of a warning, punishment, whatever.

Then, when both you and your opponent are done with this, the app automatically creates a timetable, maybe with some fancy colors and whatnot. :D It would basically show us the same table that you made with "Europeans versus Americans", but personalized to both users. Whereever there is a green time, that means both players are free at that time that week.

Your schedule can of course differ each week, that is why you would have to do this every week.

After that, you select one of the green times, by that, you suggest that date to be the final, and when your opponent accepts that, the time and date is fixed and it appears on the Schedule page.

This is the rough idea, this would make it very easy to fix the times, could add a few different things if necessary, like a points system that would measure how active and willing someone is to fix their dates, some sort of a system like that, and when you play against your opponent, the player with the higher points has the right, ability, to suggest the date first. Basically, that would make the less active or "interested" player having to adjust to the other. This is just another idea I had now, don't know if it would make any sense.

Well, the wireframes of the idea was said, we have got like a year to implement it and perfect it for next year's page, I think it could work perfectly and is a much much better system than this forum thread thing.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 01:22 PM by Ray »

Offline Almog

« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2012, 05:19 PM »
sounds awsome

Offline Free

« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2012, 06:47 PM »
Actually I reported a wrong 2nd round replay against Dub-C

It's worth a watch, 4v2 situation that I girder raped.

If a eac mod can fix it thanks.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 10:47 PM by Free »

Offline SPW

« Reply #93 on: September 30, 2012, 12:43 AM »
Sounds good that idea, Ray. Guess 2013 all participants having a smart phone.

Free, Random00 or Ray will do it. :)

« Reply #94 on: September 30, 2012, 07:30 AM »
Guess 2013 all participants having a smart phone.

No. :P

Offline Ray

« Reply #95 on: September 30, 2012, 08:37 AM »
Guess 2013 all participants having a smart phone.
Never!

Besides, you don't need a smartphone for that, but just by a "round of applause"... how many of the EAC participants watch the site on mobile? ??? I never tought about optimizing the site to that media, shouldn't be a big deal though.

Offline Crazy

« Reply #96 on: September 30, 2012, 10:59 AM »
I've been browsing the site on my mobile, most recently last friday ^^

Offline SPW

« Reply #97 on: September 30, 2012, 11:35 AM »
Information about my rank at the prediciton game.

If I'm in the money (first two spots) in the end, it dont count! So 2nd and 3rd will get the money if I'm at 1st spot after all rounds.

This is not counting for EAC 2012 payouts! Only in the prediciton game.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 11:40 AM by SPW »

Offline Almog

« Reply #98 on: October 01, 2012, 05:51 PM »
:]
I use my mobile quite often for TUS, maybe I will use it for eac as well :)

Offline SPW

« Reply #99 on: October 13, 2012, 09:19 PM »
Only about 4 matchdays left and EAC 2012 gets over. So far all starters are still active in this championship, and thats nice! :)

In about 1 month the rankings are closed and for having no problems by shiping all the money, I want to remind you to check there's everthing okay with ur PayPal Account.

"You must have a account!"

The pay-out structur is big, very big! Even spot #15 will get $5!

Trophy & Cash $100
Trophy & Cash $50
Trophy & Cash $30
4th + 5th: $15
6th - 9th: $10
10th - 15th: $5

So please check your account. You only get your money by having a PayPal account! Everybody can do it, you dont need a credit card. Just transfer some money from your bank account to PayPal - its easy! If you have an account on PayPal but having some troubles there, just contact support there and let you help. Once again: You must have PayPal to get your money!

For the trophies (seperate handled) you must be patient. We doing our best by doing it as fast as possible. Last year everybody got his trophy and money. :)

Right to the end of EAC 2012 we will know everything about spots. I will give you a deadline until you have to send me your emailaddress from your PayPal account. I dont want to sign-in there 15 different times, so please take that deadline serious. Some of you already getting (mathematicaly) "in the money". You can already send me your emailaddress from your PayPal account. All having to do this, including EAC 2011 participants which already got money from me.

You will get another pm as soon EAC 2012 gets ended.

I wish you good luck by playing last rounds on EAC 2012 and dont forget to check your PayPal. ;)

Regards
SPW

Offline Guaton

« Reply #100 on: October 13, 2012, 11:57 PM »
if i win some money , i want u to keep it to urself , i just joined this tourney to play , cos elite is my fav scheme , not for the money

as ive been saying , i appreciate that spw put all that money for this tourney , but no , tx.

if i win something , take it like a payment for the job u guys did with this tourney , wich is amazing

give a half to random xD

Offline SPW

« Reply #101 on: October 14, 2012, 11:27 AM »
You are able to donate your money for upcoming eac events, if you want. Just telling me with a pm and its done. ;)

In the end. You guys dont have to care about that prizepool. I did it by myself and 100% free minded. It dont ruining me. Just feel free to take it, it's your prize! :)

Offline Husk

« Reply #102 on: October 14, 2012, 11:30 AM »
hmmm maybe there are some like me that didn't rly understand what we need to do xD do we need to send u a pm with our email in it?

Offline SPW

« Reply #103 on: October 14, 2012, 11:34 AM »
hmmm maybe there are some like me that didn't rly understand what we need to do xD do we need to send u a pm with our email in it?

PayPal system works with an email-address. I need that address from your PayPal account or a pm in which stands, that you want to donate your cashprize for future ea events.

Offline Husk

« Reply #104 on: October 14, 2012, 11:37 AM »
gotcha =)