Forums
April 28, 2024, 12:43 AM

Author Topic: EAC 2013 - Smalltalk  (Read 15088 times)

Offline Crazy

Re: EAC 2013 - Smalltalk
« Reply #135 on: October 17, 2013, 11:26 PM »
Why ain't my 13th spot anyones Tom? :P Free is like me two points in difference from the 8th to 12th spot.. I will steal that 10th place from you for forgetting my spot!!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 04:07 PM by Crazy »

Offline SPW

« Reply #136 on: October 18, 2013, 02:32 PM »
whatsup with you crazy?  :D

you should be that aggressive before eac starts... maybe you would have more points then  :P

Offline Ray

« Reply #137 on: October 27, 2013, 12:00 AM »
Let me just give a big shout-out to our great organizers and sponsors of this amazing event that just ended for me. Thank you very much Random00 and SPW, this was amazing, I'm really sad that the championship is already over.

Dulek, great games at the end buddy, never would have thought I can win from 2-0, but the devil never sleeps... Worthy of a real derby that decided the faith of the 14th place. ;) I am hoping to get even better next year, I won 5 games out of 16, last year I won 5 out of 19 so that's better. This year I can say that 40% of the games I lost could have gone either way, so next year, goal is the mid-table! :) Thank you so much again, amazing few months, thank you everyone for playing.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #138 on: October 27, 2013, 12:09 AM »
I've really enjoyed the tourney as well. It would be great if Crazy or something summarizes the results and in a similar review to his predictions before the tourney started!

In my games tonight I've also come back from 0-2 down when it looked like i'd be losing 0-3 to free. Im happy with some of my victories but also felt i let some opponents get away with a win who shouldn't have. 1 last game to go and hope to carry on with my strong end to eac  ;D

This tourney has helped me to reconfirm my own perception of my elite status!

« Reply #139 on: October 27, 2013, 03:54 PM »
Yeah Ray, good games and good fight for the lower table. ;) Some ups and downs from both sides, but that's how it goes.

I would also like to thank SPW, Random and all EAC participants for this whole tournament. We make each year great elite festival that lasted almost half a year. I, myself, am not happy with my performance, but I still enjoyed every single game whether it was a win or lose and thanks once again to SPW and Random for organisating this great event. I'm looking forward for next year, cheerio! :D Good luck to all. :)

Offline Free

« Reply #140 on: October 27, 2013, 07:23 PM »
1 game to go with Crazy but I missed our time because of the time switch of today.

I also want to thank everyone participating in EAC, was full of emotions and good spirit. :)

Chuvash with his cows and making it work was a cool twist to overall elite tactics.

Offline Almog

« Reply #141 on: October 27, 2013, 08:13 PM »
Thanks everyone, I enjoyed playing with each one of you.
Also thank you SPW and Random, for this awesome organization.
Thank you Ray for your small talks :)

Peace

Offline SPW

« Reply #142 on: October 27, 2013, 10:17 PM »
Closing Ceremony will start in about one week since not all games are played yet. Random is already contact some guys for the trophies. All the winners will get their cash from 4th November onwards. All trasfers are handeling by paypal. If you wanna donate your cash prize just let me know.

Thank you all for this nice championship. After all, we didnt have a lot of problems this year. It was running better than last year, thats good! :)

And Crazy, please do a little romance about this. You are our pen-guy.   ;)

Offline HHC

« Reply #143 on: October 28, 2013, 07:47 PM »
Jooo, my final game is done as well  :)

Not sure yet whether this whole thing was a success for me. I guess 8-8 isn't so bad, certainly not with a positive balance. I do hope Chicken will lose his last match though. Feels a bit different to be 8th or 9th. 8th would be better than crazy's prediction haha  :)

Thanks to all the players yeah. I had some really nice games. Particularly against some old schoolers, like Chicken, Crazy and franz, ppl I dont play much with nemore  :-[
Setting dates didnt prove to be too hard. We did a good job on that indeed.

I guess the whole thing helped me get better as the scheme, although as the cup progressed I lost more and more focus. But I guess that goes for everyone. The first matches certainly were the most 'intensive' for me, but I guess thats also cause this was my 1st year (and hopefully not the last  :)).

Thanks eac, thanks SPW & random.
Waiting for the ending ceremony  8)

« Reply #144 on: October 29, 2013, 07:56 PM »
Very big thanks to SPW and Random, without this tourney I wouldn't have had any motivation to play elite right now, it's kind of a nice way to force all us busy old schoolers to play each other. It's pretty amazingly generous for SPW to sacrifice so much cash for us, so huge thanks there, I just hope this isn't a lot of money for him. And props to Random for getting some real life trophies, very awesome of you.

It was a pretty big time commitment, especially because I'd usually have to warm up before matches each week as well, so  maybe next year we could find a way to reduce the amount of time it takes, like 2 opponents per week. Doing that might also keep people warmer, since I don't think many of us could stay in shape throughout the entire 16-week period. But yeah, thanks for organizing guys.

Offline darKz

« Reply #145 on: October 30, 2013, 12:40 AM »
You guys.  :-*
Nice competition, I watched a ton of games and almost all of them were as high-level as I expected them to be. Great entertainment, thanks everyone.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Devilage

« Reply #146 on: October 30, 2013, 05:09 PM »
Maybe next time I won't play at my gf's crappy desktop, so I can give you guys a good challenge :) was fun!

Smoking proud.