Forums
April 26, 2024, 07:38 PM

Author Topic: TSM - Tournament signups manager  (Read 1596 times)

Offline Xrayez

TSM - Tournament signups manager
« on: August 25, 2016, 05:00 PM »
Tournament signups manager

Download: TSM

TSM is a Windows program written specifically for managing signups and messaging during, say, Worm Olympics tournaments.
  • More convenient way to gather and store information about participants;
  • Automatically generates a list of players and their number (and copies the list of players into clipboard);
  • Some common messages that are used to inform participants about signups stuff;
  • It is not a pairing tool, use RandomBot for that.

Before using the program, you must enter your MOD nickname, name of a tournament, link to a webpage and channel in order for messages to be displayed correctly. Here's an example of all messages:

Spoiler! View

* Xrayez ==== Welcome to Worm Olympics Rumble and Ramble tournament! To sign up, send a message to MOD`Xrayez your nickname, clan (or no clan), country and whether you can host. For more information about the tourney, visit http://wormolympics.com/t1918

* Xrayez ==== Worm Olympics Rumble and Ramble tournament starts now in #RopersHeaven, join!

* Xrayez ==== List of players: Xrayez (1)

* Xrayez ==== Don't forget to upload your replays at http://wormolympics.com/upload, even if you lost. Not uploading replays is penalized.

* Xrayez ==== Don't forget to report wins to MOD`Xrayez

* Xrayez ==== Signups are open!

* Xrayez ==== Signups are closed!

How to use:
  • After starting TSM, enter all required information about your tournament, then click Start button;
  • Start entering information about participants one-by-one, you can skip some of the fields. Then press <Enter> or Add button. Whenever you enter a participant, the list of players in your clipboard is updated; if your tournament is 2v2 or 3v3, enter info as follows: Xrayez/Dude, che/dd, Ukraine/Dudeland, *;
  • If you entered wrong information, delete the wrong item from the list by mouse left clicking on it;
  • During signups time you might want to post various type of messages to participants, including the list of players. Use the list of commands for that (such as <Ctrl>+<F1> to post a welcome message);
  • After signups, you might want to export the list of players into a text file. Use Export button for that.

Screenshot:

Spoiler! View

« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 05:05 PM by Xrayez »

Offline Hurz

Re: TSM - Tournament signups manager
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 05:16 PM »
cool, thanks dude. will tryout soon ;)

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 05:17 PM »
Why didn't you put this on the file description?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 05:23 PM »
Why didn't you put this on the file description?

Thought I'd gather more attention this way :P I will put description there too.

Online Triad

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 05:28 PM »
Nice app. Good to see that you started using what you're learning in College. :)

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2016, 06:50 PM »

You could comment on the file page, so that it would  popup on users unread page. Same effect.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 07:10 PM »

You could comment on the file page, so that it would  popup on users unread page. Same effect.

Followed example of GreatSnooper thread :)

Offline Hurz

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2016, 10:01 PM »
works great, gj.
now need to connect to wormnet for automatic player info, and combine with randombot.
the wo tool ;)

Offline AduN

• Chile Chile
  • hai2u!!1!:)
    • View Profile
    • my page
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2016, 02:44 AM »
nice one dude!

Offline Tomi

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2016, 07:58 AM »
Gj ;) what language and technologies were you using? :D

I remember i wrote a php website almost the same like this years ago when i hosted some wo tournaments :D

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2016, 08:51 AM »
Woah! Vn Zadrez! x)
It's really too easy! I'll try on my tourney at 27th August. :D

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2016, 09:39 AM »
Gj ;) what language and technologies were you using? :D

I remember i wrote a php website almost the same like this years ago when i hosted some wo tournaments :D

Just compiled AutoHotKey script with GUI. It's pretty convenient and fast for this kind of stuff.