Forums
April 19, 2024, 11:27 PM

Author Topic: Game suggestions?  (Read 1601 times)

Offline skunk3

Game suggestions?
« on: June 03, 2019, 05:41 AM »
Are there any 'must have' PC games out nowadays?

I'm always looking for something to play but can never find anything interesting. For the record, I'm not into 'battle arena' type games, the vast majority of first-person shooters, most MMORPG's, sports titles (except racing), etc.

What is good nowadays? I want to play something new but every time someone suggests something to me IRL it looks dumb as f@#!.

Offline Kradie

Re: Game suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 10:16 AM »

I'm always looking for something to play but can never find anything interesting. For the record, I'm not into 'battle arena' type games, the vast majority of first-person shooters, most MMORPG's, sports titles (except racing), etc.

What is good nowadays? I want to play something new but every time someone suggests something to me IRL it looks dumb as f@#!.

These are my suggestions
A Plague Tale - Innocence
Hellblade - Senua's Sacrifice
Batman - The Enemy Within
The Wolf Among Us
Life is Strange
Vampyr
INSIDE

All of these are story driven games. I am not sure if they are 'dumb as a f@#!'' but I liked them.

Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 07:46 PM »

red dead redemption 2

play it on xbox one and ill be your huckleberry

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 11:44 PM »
If you really ignore all the genres you mentioned, you are going to play only disposable games that will grant you few hours of entertainment, then the chances of playing this game again is tiny. Good luck..
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline Memox

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2019, 04:09 AM »

Hotline Miami; both the first one and the second one. Addicting gameplay (when you get the gist of it), memorable soundtrack, retro arcade feel, apparently gratuitous violence and a plot that will literally blow up your mind.
\\\ My websites ///

My Worms Armageddon Review (and other blog posts about gaming)
The Autism-O-Meter

My Worms Videos
YouTube playlist

My (other) Reviews Hub
Steam Curator page

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2019, 03:08 PM »
Your best bet is just browsing through the Steam store and look for something you like the look of and trying it.

Offline STRGRN

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2019, 07:39 PM »
have you tried roguelikes/roguelites? they're known for having high difficulty and high replayability

some I can recommend:

roguelikes (turn based, focus on strategy):
brogue (is free btw)
dungeon crawl stone soup (also free)
cogmind
caves of qud
slay the spire

roguelites (real time, focus on action):
the binding of isaac rebirth
dead cells
nuclear throne
caveblazers
spelunky

Offline Sensei

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2019, 07:59 AM »

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2019, 08:10 AM »

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2019, 09:03 AM »
Mario Maker 2

Offline Thewolensheep

• The MEGA retard.

• United States United States
  • A f@$!%$! loser.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2019, 04:05 PM »
Lemmings. Get the win95 version. And get any of the following java clones:
. Lemmini
. SuperLemmini
Or you can just download NeoLemmix and download the original level packs.

LemWin95 link: https://www.abandonwaredos.com/abandonware-game.php?abandonware=Lemmings+95&gid=2509
Lemmini link: http://lemmini.de/
SuperLemmini link: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?PHPSESSID=1j3bupo13tsfjnstbn9o730785&topic=1793.0
NeoLemmix link: https://www.neolemmix.com/
The level packs can be found on the site as well.
Creates soundbanks and other s!@t.

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2019, 05:31 PM »
Your best bet is just browsing through the Steam store and look for something you like the look of and trying it.
Unless you are on the Epic Games Store, but then again, they're the Chinese knockoff of Steam. Plus, the Epic Games Store isn't good. AT ALL. In fact, it makes EA Origin look like a Game Preservation Archive.
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

Offline skunk3

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2019, 09:05 AM »
Mario Maker 2

I'm actually tempted to get a Switch just for this.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2019, 09:07 AM »

red dead redemption 2

play it on xbox one and ill be your huckleberry
It's definitely a quality game but I don't have a console anymore. I've played the story mode a bunch over at a friend's house but never did jump online. I bought all of my PS4 games digitally so I am considering looking for a cheap used PS4 just so I can play all of them again. I really miss Resogun.