Forums
May 12, 2024, 10:12 PM

Author Topic: Hearthstone  (Read 12484 times)

Offline HHC

Re: Hearthstone
« Reply #120 on: July 22, 2015, 11:31 PM »
Ae, good news AFAIK.

New brawl is worth it too. Very fast games, good gold mine opportunity.

Offline Marko

• What is custom title lol

• Croatia Croatia
  • HCP HCP clan

• Heart wants what the heart wants
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 23, 2015, 08:14 PM »
I agree on your brawl opinion, but I'm lazy as crap, so I just usually play until I get to 100 gold, or finish all my quests and then sign off.
Especially when I open boosters and get crap like today, opened 3 boosters, got 3 rares which I already had....
Anyway, I'll get back to you guys with my battletag later so we can play if you want! :)
Every time I come back to TUS, I realize my last signature was cringe

Offline darKz

« Reply #122 on: July 24, 2015, 02:40 AM »
In this brawl I just had the luckiest first 4 draws I could imagine. Feugen, Stalagg, Faceless Manipulator x2. Triple Thaddius on the board in turn 2 pretty much. :D
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #123 on: July 24, 2015, 04:45 AM »
In this brawl I just had the luckiest first 4 draws I could imagine. Feugen, Stalagg, Faceless Manipulator x2. Triple Thaddius on the board in turn 2 pretty much. :D
darkz, is this like a magic the gathering type game or what?  I'm pretty ignorant of this.

100% video game or is it a card game too?

Offline darKz

« Reply #124 on: July 24, 2015, 10:21 AM »
It's somewhat like MTG, more simplified though. There's all the information you can imagine on the web, you can check it out yourself.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Marko

• Croatia Croatia
  • HCP HCP clan

• View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 24, 2015, 12:45 PM »
Let me update on this:
I got so frustrated these days!
1. First turn Alexstraza!
2. First turn muster for battle + hero power + quartermaster (I mean wtf....)
3. Ragnaros raping, I don't even want to mention it....

I got a chance to pull out some nice combos, however, I don't have such an admirable collection, all the legendaries I've collected so far:
Jaraxxus, Prophet Velen, Nat Pagle, King Mukla, Mekgineer Thermaplugg, Old Murk Eye (Achievement ofc).
I've had an account before, but since my GF started playing, I didn't want her to quit after seeing how shitty HS can be if you don't have any good cards, so she got jaraxxus, mukla, mekgineer, troggzor, ysera, deathwing, grommash, murk too, malorne, archmage antonidas and many more+ plus whole naxx.
I bought myself first wing of blackrock the other day, and tbh, one of the best investments in hearthstone (I've unlocked whole naxx without paying on my old acc, I don't know how the fk have I been so patient).

Anyway, in the last week, I've never got so many shit boosters.
First of all, I think I've got my 85th bomb lobber, I so hate that card for getting it so many times, I don't even use it!
My usual rule is, when I get a legendary, next 20 boosters aren't worth crap, I got so frustrated once, I went to blizzard's FB page and gave them a hard time about it lol.

I think it's time for me to take a little break, I can't believe out of 5 boosters I opened in the last three days (one watch and learn, brawl and rest quests) I've got one card I didn't have: Bomb Lobber. And that's only because I disenchant him every time I need something. FML

« Reply #126 on: July 24, 2015, 01:50 PM »
So hows your battletag? :)
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

Offline SPW

« Reply #127 on: July 24, 2015, 02:46 PM »
You get every 20th pack a legendary. So it looks fine to me. As soon as you have a good amount of cards a pack means 40 dust. Keep playing, esp. arena has a good value when you know how to play that game.

And yea walrus, just watch at youtube or twitch. HS is always at the top 5 games so you can find it very easy.

« Reply #128 on: July 24, 2015, 04:41 PM »
You get every 20th pack a legendary.

On average. Its possible to open 100 packs without getting a legendary and then get a few, one after another. I have opened about 60+ "empty" packs once and then got 3 legs or so in short time. Ofc im not basing it on myself alone, many people gathered stats alerady.
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

Offline Marko

• Croatia Croatia
  • HCP HCP clan

• View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 24, 2015, 04:45 PM »
My battle tag is #2824, sorry I forgot it from all the grief! :D

I'll be free some time tomorrow and we can play if you want :D
I also gotta finish some cup matches here, totally forgot about it lol :D

Offline Marko

• Croatia Croatia
  • HCP HCP clan

• View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 24, 2015, 05:44 PM »
Btw, they say arena is worth it around third win, and once you learn which cards to pick, it's partially luck (on which cards you get), but it's entirely possible to get to 15 wins.
I myself don't play arena since I get very nervous if I get something like 1-3 or 2-3, so my record was 8-3 I think, but out of maybe 10 arena games :)

Also, I got golden Malorne on my first account, figured it's not that good, I better disenchant it for something worth it.
Created Ysera, got Ysera week after. I cried :D

No goldies on my new acc yet though.

Btw, as someone sad, in 20 boosters you should get a legendary, but still, it's not a must.

100% for one rare, 20% for epic, 5% for legendary, 0,5% for golden legendary (idk chances for rest of the goldies)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 05:46 PM by Marko »

Offline HHC

« Reply #131 on: July 24, 2015, 09:54 PM »

:-[

Priest is so strong with mind control, shadow word: death & resurrection  :-[

Was awesome, my chronosaur got destroyed, so i resurrected it. Then faceless Manipulator.
Next turn I get my 2nd ressurect in hand (+2 additional cause of the chrono's :D). Then it was done  ;D

Gotta love this brawl. Fun & goooold mine  8)

Offline SPW

« Reply #132 on: July 24, 2015, 11:07 PM »
haha nice  ;D really funny games this week  8)

Offline HHC

« Reply #133 on: July 30, 2015, 09:42 PM »
Like the new portal shit too  ;D
It's so random, it's totally up my sleve  8)

Btw, yesterday was release of MtG: Duels on Steam.
They took a lot of the recipe of HS and according to Anubis it's easier for f2p players to get an equal collection. You gather the gold a lot faster it seems, and against CPU opponents as well.

You can download it here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/316010/
But yeh, warning atm: the servers are down a lot of time (i hope it's child bug), and when you play offline the game won't save your campaign progress  :(

Few tips:
- AI cannot predict 'instants'. If you plan on playing CPU instead of humans a lot: throw in a bunch of instants (green has good one (primal bellow) and white too).
- In normal deck of 60 cards, roughly 22 should be lands. If you have a multi-colour deck, throw in the multi-colour lands that read: 'comes in tapped, except when you already own this or that basic land'. Use the 'mulligan' to redraw cards at the start of the game if you have less than 3 lands (2 is risky).
- At start, probably should use white, black or green. These are colours that don't require many cards to be useful.
- Rough meaning of colour:
Blue: Spells (non-destructive); flying; return to hand & tap abilities; library effects (draw cards; or move cards from the draw pile to the graveyard).
Green: Strong creatures; no flying (only reach as defence vs fly); mana/land abilities; Elves as major race.
White: Healing & protection; attack with masses; Humons as major race, also includes Angels.
Red: Spells (destructive); Goblins as major race; effects that boost attack.
Black: a bit of everything; Zombies as major race, as well as Demons; effects that take life; destroy creatures or that effect your graveyard.

Most often you find yourself combining two colours (more than that is hard land-wise). In quests too you are asked to complete fights with 2-colour decks. In MtG they are linked to certain 'guilds'. Due to cards being linked to a particular colour, there's really only 1 'basic' strategy for each colour-combination:

Azorius (white/blue): this is quite versatile, but heavy on Enchantments. A good combo here is to cast an unblockable blue creature and pimp it up with white/blue aura spells.
Dimir (blue/black): mind grinding/graveplundering deck: blue cards move cards from the library (the drawing pile) to the graveyard, black spells bring the graveyard ones to the board.
Rakdos (black/red): focus on doing damage: red spells that do damage to creatures/players, combined with black creatures that take opponent's life. Red creatures with haste are nice for this agressive deck too.
Gruul (red/green): overpower your enemy: big green creatures cast with green spells that increase mana. Red spells to give them haste and destroy enemy creatures.
Selesnya (green/white): spam the board with cheap minions & tokens; back them up with creatures that have power/toughness equal to the ammount of creatures you control + instants/enchantment that power up all of your creatures.
Orzhov (white/black): Gain life yourself, while taking health away from your opponent. Works well in any mode, particularly in modes with more players (as do any decks that make you gain health).
Izzet (blue/red): Spell-galore. Play creatures that benefit from or enhance spell effects.
Golgari (black/green): deck where you f*ck with your own graveyard. Use cards here that place cards into your graveyard and add green ones that bring creatures back from them. Cards with 'sacrifice' benefits come in handy.
Boros (red/white): good deck for an early head start. Aimed for melee-fighting. Best way to go is cast cheap creatures and powering them up with enchantments (both aura and general ones).
Simic (blue/green): Imo the weakest, but also the most fun. The best to do IMO is to include creatues that give benefits when they enter the battlefield. Combine them with creatures that force you to take other creatures back into your hand or use the blue spells for this. Then play the creatures again next turn to gain their entrance benefit once again. Fun part of this one is that it allows you to draw many cards; but it lacks destructive force.

At first, don't go for high synergy (you lack cards for this), go for cards that have intrinsic value: high attack/defence for the card's cost, cards that cast multiple creatures and cards of general purpose (cards that kill creatures or neutralizes them (e.g. enchantments that doesn't allow them to tap or doesnt allow them to attack/defend).
Steer clear from blue-red combinations at first. They are hard to play and you need a lot of cards to make them function properly.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 11:19 PM by HHC »

Offline HHC

« Reply #134 on: July 30, 2015, 10:38 PM »
Here's a deck made solely out of basic cards you get straight away (I think they are the same for everyone?):
For some reason there's a lot of elves cards in there already, enough to get a high synergy one.  :-[

Lands:
10x Swamp
10x Forest
2x Woodland Cemetery
3x Golgari Guildgate

Creatures (green):
3x Sunblade elf (elf)
2x Gatecreeper vine (mana ability)
3x Jagged-scar archers (anti-fly) (elf)
3x Reclamation sage (anti-artifacts/enchantments) (elf)
4x Lys Alana Huntmaster (spawns elfs) (elf)

Creatures (black):
1x Gurmag Swiftwing (can be a bad surprise in combo with instants)
3x Child of Night (lifelink to increase health; weak shit, but only health giver you have, can upgrade with instant if really short on life).
4x Scarred Vinebreeder (elf)
2x Lys Alana Scarblade

Spells (instants):
Green:
2x Primal Bellow (+1 for each forest)
2x Wildsize (+2/+2; trample; draw card)
2x Chorus of Might (+1 for each creature; trample)

Spells (sorcery):
2x Bone Splinters (destroy creatures)
1x Bitter Revelation (draw 4 cards, 2 into hand, 2 into graveyard; lose 2 life)
1x Rise from the Grave

Pretty sure you can fairly easily beat hard CPU with this one.  :)
Made this in a single min, so yeah, needs finetuning. But it's devastating enough vs AI.