Forums
April 27, 2024, 09:24 PM

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Complaint / Question  (Read 6087 times)

Offline avirex

[SOLVED] Complaint / Question
« on: October 26, 2016, 08:04 PM »
i dont want to post a replay, or mention any names, because my opponent went into a complete rage when i said i would find out if this is legal or not.. lol..  so, i will save him some embarrassment for now.

Is it legal to host on big maps?? and if it is, should you at least make your opponent aware its a big map, and make sure they accept it??

i thought all big maps have you click on the map in the top right corner, because its a large file.. but this one did not, so i was not aware it was a big map until after the game started, and i took my first turn..

after my turn (i did attack, so it had nothing to do with a bad turn) i realized it was a big map, and i asked if we could rehost on a standard map... this guy started ranting about how im crying, and all i care about is wins, and i should stfu and play, im a pussy, etc.

all i want is a fair game, i have never in my w:a career have played on a large map in leagues... is it legal?

Offline Aladdin

Re: Complaint / Question
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 08:13 PM »
I never played with large maps :/

Offline Peja

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 08:28 PM »

Offline RIP

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 08:45 PM »
Spoiler! View

Spoiler! View
its about RIP ;D

Yep lol. J0hny loved play on big maps much years back and was ok. Dibz and other played on big maps and all was ok. I played it on maps in ttrr style in time how had novice roping and all was ok also.
Враг думал — это пень, а снайпер снес ему мозги набекрень.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I play for fun unlike you и⊥ʎdʞ ин ʞɐʞ…
And the pain and the fear passes, unchangeable only death.

Offline RIP

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 08:58 PM »

Offline avirex

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 09:05 PM »
Spoiler! View

Spoiler! View
its about RIP ;D

Yep lol. J0hny loved play on big maps much years back and was ok. Dibz and other played on big maps and all was ok. I played it on maps in ttrr style in time how had novice roping and all was ok also.

i don't doubt at all that you have played big maps... and i don't doubt that others have as well, very rarely, but i'm sure it has happened...

The problem is, you did not make me or my team mate aware it was a big map, and we did not agree. When we found out, and asked for a RH you refused raged.. maybe there are rules saying you don't have to, im not sure. thats what im trying to find out....

im pretty sure though that in classic league, you play with classic maps... big maps are reserved for free league.

Anyway, we can just wait for an answer from the mods.

ps: i did ask several people in AG, people who have been playing in league for quite a while, the common answer was "dunno, never played on a big map"
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 09:07 PM by avirex »

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2016, 09:13 PM »
What a terrifying chat, this guy can't have a proper conversation without saying that you are whining over a simple question.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline RIP

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2016, 09:29 PM »
What a terrifying chat, this guy can't have a proper conversation without saying that you are whining over a simple question.
u dont know. if all time some players not like maps. why i not asking all time change maps? coz this play on nervos.. or u play on all maps or is not league and sheet on baby party.

Offline Senator

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2016, 09:48 PM »
You can play on big maps but both clans/players need to agree on the map. You can request a normal size map but if you light up, that means you agree on the map.. If you can't see whether the map is normal size or not (details of the map look tinier in the preview box if big map), you can ask before lighting up.

Offline lalo

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2016, 09:59 PM »
Why one should ask wether the maps is a big one or not? It should be the one that is hosting! Common sense ne1?
We had the same issue yesterday and we gave our opinion to rip. He doesnt give a shit.

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2016, 10:05 PM »
Why there isnt a rule on this? We were kinda forced by rip aswell to play on these lame maps. We found out on game and were wondering about if this was legal or not. Also we couldnt have a serious conversation with him xD just wanna avoid playing big maps on clanners from now on

Offline avirex

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2016, 10:16 PM »
Senator, your not using logic here..

you expect me to ask everyone from now on if its a big map??? you don't think that is the hosts job?? I have never had someone host ANY league with a big map, so why in the hell would i ask that question??

that's like if the host puts on battyrope or some other crazy thing that im not aware about, then you come here telling me... "well avi, you lit up, so you agreed"

nah dude... use your head.

Offline avirex

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2016, 10:21 PM »
i just realized that senator is a mod??? lol.. or was that some sort of typo by monkeyisland??

i want another opinion from a different MOD.

if big maps are accepted in league games, ok.. but i do believe BOTH sides should agree... and if your using some map that does not show that its a big map, you have to make your opponent aware, you can not say "you lit up, so you agreed" that's not fair in any such way.

i would never in a million years agree to a big map, and as soon as i found out it was a big map, i asked for a RH.. then RIP started acting like a child..

if the game does not get voided, basically RIP will be rewarded for tricking people with map size deception.

game vs. boo should be void as well tbh

Offline Senator

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2016, 10:29 PM »
I just repeated what the rules say xd

From the league rules page:
Both players/clans need to agree on the map. If you light up, you agree on the map. Using auto-light up is strictly forbidden.

From announcements:
Summary:
  • Both players/clans need to agree on the map
  • If you light up, you agree on the map
  • Using auto-light up is strictly forbidden
If you light up, then that means you agree on the settings (scheme and map).

Those rules indeed indicate that "if you light up, it's your fault".

Imo it's ok if you request a rematch before any turn is played when you notice the map is not normal size.

And yeah it would be nice if the host told that the map is not normal size. But using a normal size map is not any rule. The host may as well think you are ok with the map cos usually it's possible to see from the preview if the map is big.

Offline RIP

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2016, 10:36 PM »
Large cards were played for a long time. If all the games with them banned in the future or even remove, I will not worry.