Forums
May 02, 2024, 11:13 PM

Author Topic: 2014 - a bad year for wa league games  (Read 1337 times)

Offline Chicken23

2014 - a bad year for wa league games
« on: July 14, 2014, 11:18 PM »
The season information stats really show a drop in activity for tus league games, both singles and clanners.

I have more own reasons for not having as much time or desire to be on w:a but whats happening to the younger generation of players with more free time that would keep league activity high? That would make it more desirable to play if knew i could find a clanner.

I think the requirements for playoffs should really be considered because the amount of games to reach playoffs is too high for both singles and clanners for the current activity. If less games were required it would favour smaller clans or more inactive players to look for games as knew they'd have a better chance to make the playoffs IMO.

Look back to the first few seasons of tus when CF would clanner because they only needed 30 games. I'd suggest making limit around 40-50 games for clanners, 50-60 for single league and see if that encourages more people to play?

Offline Wolfgang

Re: 2014 - a bad year for wa league games
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 05:17 AM »
well this year I dont have too much free time coz im studying in 2 places and im back in my house like 9 pm and nobody is online ( like 20 players)  but i have all free time in weekends and wednesday too

but now im in winter vacations so trl any1? xD
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 05:26 AM by Wolfgang »
16:26: Husks> tell now xD more demon soul cannot be wolfy MAYBE??? 
16:26: TaG`Wolfgang> DUNNO IF IM WOLFY OR A DEMON 
16:27: Husks> GO DEMON AWAY FROM MY FRIENDMATE WOLFGANG CONCHETUMARE!!!!!!!!!!1111111111 LEAVEEEEEE 
16:27: TaG`Wolfgang> xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Offline Peja

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 07:16 AM »
just a normal development when you give power to people who encourage others to play just 1 scheme instead of trying to improve the whole package.
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline Hussar

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 10:08 AM »
yea, we should remove rule about "ur pick, my pick"

It should look that ppl could just ak for "tus elite any1?" "tus rr any1?" tus bng any1?"

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 10:55 AM »
this will not change nothing, it is about activity not about rules

Offline Peja

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 10:56 AM »
yea, we should remove rule about "ur pick, my pick"

It should look that ppl could just ak for "tus elite any1?" "tus rr any1?" tus bng any1?"

in case you didnt notice, you already can do this  ;D
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 11:18 AM »
#AdoptANewWormer

Even with all problems, i brought Bruno.

Chicken, You should get active again, even if there are no friend faces online, They will come if They know You are back again.

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 11:39 AM »
but whats happening to the younger generation of players with more free time that would keep league activity high?
our community remind me food chain in nature, WO always used to bring newcomers, they get used to WA and when WO ended half of them moved to tus, this year we did without the winter WO, thats the moment when activity dropped down, but thats ofc not the only reason, changing old rules made some old school players give up at tus, and also good pc getting cheaper, 5 years ago there was alot of players who couldnt run anything but WA, and alsoo tus getting old, seems like people cant play the same league for 6 years:D

Offline Anubis

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 03:28 PM »
New league or RIOT!

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 04:37 PM »
I shouldn't have get inactive. Should come back with prizes on Classic league ;)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2014, 03:44 AM »
this will not change nothing, it is about activity not about rules
At least in my(our, TaG) case, no, I didn't want to ask a lot of clanners on the last seasons due the low chances to have 4 clanners in playoffs, due activity (70 games) and rules (>50% wins).

Offline Rogi

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2014, 03:33 PM »
yes, and PO's with 16 players, what could be funniest ?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Calm the hell down.|

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2014, 06:42 PM »
changing old rules made some old school players give up at tus

To a degree this is true. i certainly dislike some scheme variations now a days compared to 5 years a go or so but thats life... atleast it created a lot of forum discussion.

I really think the playoff requirements need to reflect the season activity. These were increased as tus became more active and more season games were being made. These should decrease as a result of less league games being played... this will encourage activity, look at what Twy said and SPW in the other thread.