Forums
April 26, 2024, 03:31 AM

Poll

Which allrounder settings do you prefer?

24 (61.5%)
15 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Allrounder leagues results  (Read 3136 times)

Offline MonkeyIsland

Allrounder leagues results
« on: December 01, 2012, 05:40 PM »
3 months for allrounder leagues are done. This is the standings based one 2 sets of scheme classes:

Allrounder 1 standings

Allrounder 2 standings

One of these leagues/labels will be entirely deleted and the other one gets its own PO.
in PO, instead of picking scheme, players pick scheme classes. For example if a player picks Hysteria, his opponent can't pick BnG because that class is already played.

You can vote, but votes without posted opinions have much less value.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 04:53 AM by MonkeyIsland »
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline barman

Re: Allrounder leagues results
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 05:55 PM »
In case of intermediate, does it have to be played bo3?
My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best

Offline Peja

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 06:01 PM »
oh nice, although this system suffers hard from intermediate beeing less played in freeleague.

Offline Husk

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 09:26 PM »
3 months for allrounder leagues are done. This is the standings based one 2 sets of scheme classes:

Allrounder 1 standings

Allrounder 2 standings

One of these leagues/labels will be entirely deleted and the other one gets its own PO.
in PO, instead of picking scheme, players pick scheme classes. For example if a player picks Hysteria, his opponent can't pick BnG because that class is already played.

You can vote, but votes without posted opinions have much less value.

that TTRR link takes u to allround 1 standings instead, other than that looks good

edit: u can view it here

anyway, it looks like allrounder 1 is a bit more balanced, as allrounder 2 favors ground schemes...

u pick shopper...
ur opponent picks roper or rr
no more rope schemes lol

that's how allrounder 2 favors ground schemes
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 10:04 PM by Husk »

Offline OrangE

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 06:58 AM »
yeah first one makes A LOT more sense imho.

Offline barman

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 03:00 PM »
Allround1 please. The scheme classes are better arranged there.

WxW/Roper is a lot more logical than WxW/Shopper or Roper/TTRR, as both WxW and roper require pretty much the same set of skills.
On the contrary, roper and TTRR should definitely not be in the same class. They are too different. There are many excellent ropers who are so-so in TTRR, and vice versa.
Moreover, both TTRR and roper are popular playoff picks, so they should not be put together.
My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 03:03 PM »
I don't need no samples to know I was right all along. But thanks.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline LeTotalKiller

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 03:57 PM »
WxW/Roper is a lot more logical than WxW/Shopper or Roper/TTRR, as both WxW and roper require pretty much the same set of skills.

I second that.

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 11:30 PM »

I second that.

Yeah, I third that. There isn't a huuuge difference in these two layouts based on these results, but Allrounder 1 is definitely better organized. RR has been such a huge part of worms for so long, even though it's a specialized skill set, I like not having it mixed with other riff raff.

Offline HHC

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2012, 11:46 PM »
The first one isn't too nice for default players though. If shopper is picked by the opponent the rope-games outnumber the standard ones; and TTRR is mandatory.

In that respect, I'd personally prefer players to be able to pick any scheme (of any class).

Why do we have these classes btw? To prevent people from picking the same kind of schemes in P/O? IMO they are all quite different. Only the rope-games can be considered as different variations of the same principle (speed roping: TTRR, WxW, Roper). I don't think the classes fix that problem, certainly not the allround1 division.

Offline OrangE

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 01:08 AM »
i find the first one way more balanced. roping is important like every other skill, there should not be ways to avoid roping. i think that the second set is more for chels...ehm for avoiders and for less skilled players. but leagues should award skills, right?

Offline franz

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012, 02:15 AM »
is the point of this to replace current classic?

Offline Husk

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2012, 02:15 AM »
The first one isn't too nice for default players though. If shopper is picked by the opponent the rope-games outnumber the standard ones; and TTRR is mandatory.

do we count shopper as a roping scheme? there are maps that require fast roping, but then there are maps like dogma city... tricky call |=

whoever picks shopper, his/her opponent gets to pick the map? =P

Offline OrangE

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2012, 03:37 AM »
is the point of this to replace current classic?

no. i've understood that the points of "allround" will be stored FROM the current classic. basically it's only a playoff matter, nothing more.

if i'm wrong somebody correct me pls.

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2012, 07:14 AM »
Voted option 1 solely because option 2 has roper and ttrr put together
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi