Forums
May 02, 2024, 09:29 PM

Poll

Do you want Hysteria to be in Classic league?

YES
NO

Author Topic: BAN HYSTERIA FROM DEFAULT LEAGUE  (Read 41893 times)

Offline franz

Re: BAN HYSTERIA FROM DEFAULT LEAGUE
« Reply #450 on: February 25, 2013, 02:49 AM »
breeze I think MI has been more than fair when giving out warnings/mutes/bans all this time, easy friend

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #451 on: February 25, 2013, 09:00 AM »
*** Big Post ***

Yeah Breeze, you have no idea what MI has tolerated over the years, show a little respect huh? The guy does all this for free remember, and he does a great job...

ShyGuy, I wanna ask you something, this has nothing to do with Hysteria being in Classic, but the scheme itself.

One of your main arguements against Hysteria about being "competitively flawed" is being punished for a good shot right?

Good Hysteria players are fully aware of the tactics and if you attack someone in Hysteria and enable them to use this advantage against you, it wasn't a good shot, it was a bad idea, this is why alot of players use the common tactic of trying to attack the worms with more HP, or attacking them with precise damage to leave them alive while trying to avoid jetfall damage/tele-grave damage.

The only reasonable counter I can think against what I just said is something like, what is the point of attacking worms yet not trying to kill them, killing a worm shouldn't put you at a "disadvantage". There is more than 1 thing I would then say to this, the 1st would probably be that this is WA remember, alot of stupid/funny/unlucky/lucky things happen it was a game originally designed I am guessing to entertain, not for competitive purposes to the level of skill we see today...

Secondly, I sometimes kill a worm, even if it causes me to get piled and it may look like a disadvantage, but in my mind, I am bringing their worms out making them easier to attack, plus if I see a worm that has the strongest point on the map I will try and battle for this spot even if it risks losing a worm or 2 because it really helps for 1v1/SD.

Also, it isn't like you aren't trying to kill them, you do need to kill all worms to win right, but it's good to try and get all worms to a comfortable killing HP then finish them off. I think it's a bad idea to kill any worm in Hysteria until all worms have 40hp or less, so if they pile you, it's easy to kill them and you will win if you have more worms...

I actually think piling doesn't really give any advantage in Hysteria if the opponent knows the scheme inside-out and is prepared.

*End of question*

I would like to see 5s or 6s SD time in Hysteria, but this is the only change I would like to see to this scheme, i've tried alot of other versions of Hysteria, and I feel the one TuS has now is the best i've personally ever played, I don't like random turn order version, because I simply do not like random events in competitive games, I don't like not being able to come up with a solid plan of known future events, that's my problem though, I don't like the worm select version either because it's sometimes impossible to have a comeback if there are horrible placements, I don't like worm select with manual placements because then it does just become a BnG with no rules at all...

ShyGuy, I know you are right, attacking something with a perfect shot shouldn't put you at a disadvantage, but I feel like you can't use this point based on things i've said in this post, and other things that have said in the past, I feel like being at a disadvantage is something out of your control, but in Hysteria we are aware of the consequences and the tactics and we can control this with skill and experience, and I mean both players from both sides of the coin.

I want you to stop thinking I am just sitting here trolling you, and I don't understand etc... I really do understand this scheme inside out, I know what "being worthy of skilled competition" requires & I definitely understand the points you have made and I innocently disagree with them, I post in a debate against you and I feel there is no reason for you to take it personally, you always end up debating about how the other guy is debating, how he is using the words he is using... It doesn't matter how I debate or the words I use, I am focused on the future of what has actually been one of my favourite scheme for the past 3-4 years, I reply to the things you say about the scheme with my honest opinion and belief, and then you reply with accusations of me being a mad man, what's fact and what's opinion,  I can't debate I can't read properly or whatever you've said in the past...

How about, if you honestly feel that way about one of my posts, instead of telling me what you think I have done wrong, or if I have misjudged you, just give me the answer or the solution or try it again with different words...

I am asking you, please read what I say, give it a chance, reply to it calmly, be honest and try and make me think I am wrong, because trust me, if you can do that I will do everything I can to encourage this scheme be removed from Classic, or improved/altered.

I am fed up arguing with guys I have known for years & actually respect, about the way we are using the English language...

1 side of this debate must be right, and it is obviously now more important than ever that this scheme is resolved 1 way or another, 40%/60% is too close, I am really shocked with the results and I feel something fishy is going on because I don't believe that 40% deep down honestly don't want this league in Classic, because the statistics of TuS definitely don't support that... But it still can't be ignored.

For me, as i've said already, all I would change about Hysteria is reduce the Sudden Death time to 5s or 6s, but perhaps there is an idea that hasn't been thought yet that we may all agree on?

Offline darKz

« Reply #452 on: March 05, 2013, 12:20 AM »
I'd really like to know how the poll would look if each voter's overall rating was considered. Like you don't vote with the value 1 but with the amount of rating you've got.

Also, "they've calmed down, no need to do anything now"? :)
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #453 on: March 05, 2013, 05:26 AM »
Sum of overall classic ratings: (without the basic 1000)

YES    110,653
NO     95,724

Sum of overall Hysteria ratings:

YES    20,758
NO     10,328

Sum of overall BnG ratings:

YES    10,853
NO     6,896

Sum of overall Elite ratings:

YES    10,917
NO     13,131

Also, "they've calmed down, no need to do anything now"? :)

I proposed the way to alter the scheme. Free insists he is willing to play with only one player and demands the result of that game must change it. Am I wrong thinking that's a bad decider situation for the community?

Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline ANO

« Reply #454 on: March 05, 2013, 09:51 AM »
During 31 pages of this tread He should have played many games instead of posting and the question would have been solved.
This topic, right now, is totally without sense and it's about to being ridiculous and like a tantrum.
And the thing is that continuing in this way, this topic will die soon, resolving nothing!

Offline Husk

« Reply #455 on: March 05, 2013, 12:13 PM »

Offline SpideR

« Reply #456 on: March 19, 2013, 11:10 PM »
In hysteria I am a good bng/eliter :X

How the heck you activate jet pack, fly, select a weap and shoot in 1s?
You could do a tutorial for that...
which could be called female orgasms estimulation introduction tutorial.

Well, I must be too much neurotic to play an hysteria.
But if it makes people play worms and have fun, why not?
My vote is no, anyway, because [classic] league is a very meanful word.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #457 on: March 20, 2013, 06:20 AM »
Some players use macros, they will never admit it though.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #458 on: March 20, 2013, 06:39 AM »
Heh, first time Ive seen those hyst moves stuff, I was like - WTF, this guy is a god of hyst.
But believe me, this can become very easy with some practise.
By the way, from where this "macro" stuff come from Komo? Ive never heard rumours about people using macro in hyst, I think you're spreading this word too often.
I will record myself doing all possible combos when I get a good cam.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #459 on: March 20, 2013, 06:53 AM »
I say it cuz I believe it's true, and I said some players, not alot of players.

I am talking about people about doing this:

Console / Console / Spacebar / Console / Spacebar / F1/F2/F5 / If F2 then 1-2-3-4-5 for fuse / Enter, while controlling the direction with arrows.

I see people having done this and moving within like 0.5s, that is ridiculous lol... Now I can see someone being able to do this in about 0.6s - 0.9s with zook/mine to the point where all they have left to do is press "Enter", i've done it myself.

But some people seem to do this so fast how can they get the last part with grenade/fuse time WHILE holding the arrows, and do it perfect everytime, with such rapid hand movement with 1 hand with such tiny keys... They are either using macros, a keychanger to bring the buttons closer together, or these people have such flawless and quick hand-eye coodination they should really really REALLY be thinking about a very rewarding career choice... This seems to be the kind of natural gift only a few people on Earth would have, not several players of normal people on WA lol.

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #460 on: March 20, 2013, 08:41 AM »
Thanks Komito  ;D Frankly saying, my hands are crossed when i play hyst xD (left hand is on arrows, right is on spacebar etc  :D )

Offline Korydex

« Reply #461 on: March 20, 2013, 08:54 AM »
my hands are crossed when i play hyst xD (left hand is on arrows, right is on spacebar etc  :D )
???

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #462 on: March 20, 2013, 09:00 AM »
Thanks Komito  ;D Frankly saying, my hands are crossed when i play hyst xD (left hand is on arrows, right is on spacebar etc  :D )

Ok, man, what f**kn planet u from?!

I've heard of roping cross, but playing Hysteria cross WTAF !

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #463 on: March 20, 2013, 10:35 AM »
My brain works like that, dunno why, it's lots easier for me  8) And I play on intuition mostly, mb that's why i play that way lol

Offline Husk

« Reply #464 on: March 20, 2013, 01:15 PM »
I say it cuz I believe it's true, and I said some players, not alot of players.

I am talking about people about doing this:

Console / Console / Spacebar / Console / Spacebar / F1/F2/F5 / If F2 then 1-2-3-4-5 for fuse / Enter, while controlling the direction with arrows.

sometimes this works... but most of times it's just:

console / console / space / console space / f1/f2/f5 / enter

no time for fuse, except when u concentrate

I've shot homesr from jp in hyst aswell, homers aren't usually in hyst obviously

edit: surely u mean consolo / space / console / console / enter / f2 / fuse / enter ?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 05:58 AM by Husk »