Forums
May 14, 2024, 10:43 PM

Poll

Do you want Hysteria to be in Classic league?

YES
NO

Author Topic: BAN HYSTERIA FROM DEFAULT LEAGUE  (Read 42331 times)

Re: BAN HYSTERIA FROM DEFAULT LEAGUE
« Reply #345 on: February 21, 2013, 06:55 PM »

Hence why I said take away Elite and replace with Intermediate because they share alot of similarities, if you added Intermediate and took away Hysteria, then the "strategic" thinkers would be at an advantage with the picking system.

Why does that even matter when playing in a league that is supposed to show who the best overall wormer is?  It doesn't... I dismissed this point a while back, please stop using it.

I haven't fully read every new post to this thread.  Komo said the league is already so unbalanced so we shouldn't bother trying to fix it... Komo should not be allowed in serious discussions with a comment like that lol
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline Doubletime

• Sweden Sweden
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 21, 2013, 06:57 PM »
Your'e point is that "Elite and intermidiate  are to simmiliar and shouldn't both be in classic " While MY point is " Elite and Intermidiate are very diffrent andboth are worthy of being in the classic leaugE "

Your'e point is that " Hysteria does not depend on luck and is fun when played competitively and therefore it is a worthy skill for classic leauge  where as my opinion is that " hysteria relies to heavily on luck, is very frustrating when atleast one of the parties play to win and was only intended for casual use "

I even gave you a challenge to get 50 + on Hysteria with a few rules ( No more than 5 times vs same player and you have to be in Ag asking accepting first best person that wants to play tus hysteria vs you and tied games will not break your'e streak). Yet you have not accepted it..Either accept the challenge/Refere me to someone else who has done it or yield and admit that it will be nearly imposible given that hysteria relies to heavily on luck.

It has been done in Intermidiate/BnG as far as i know.. And im sure that it is posible also in TTRR and Elite (Though it still might not happend because there isn't really any active players that tower above the rest). I do not believe anyone will do this in a scheme like Shopper or Team 17 or WxW because as long as your'e opponent has basic skills there is alot of luck involved..

Implementing a matchmaking system would be great but very hard.. Just picking of hysteria and adding intermidiate(Luckless) Would be easy.

So everything that i said has something to do with your'e arguements.. You need to yield since you have been backed in a corner with no way to get out..Not just trying to evade the argument.. So are you going to accept my challenge and go get 50 tus hysteria wins in a row under my terms ? OR will you keep on being this childish ?

Sincerly...

/Orville " Doubletime " Sebastian Nordström

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #347 on: February 21, 2013, 07:11 PM »
Why does that even matter when playing in a league that is supposed to show who the best overall wormer is?  It doesn't... I dismissed this point a while back, please stop using it.

I haven't fully read every new post to this thread.  Komo said the league is already so unbalanced so we shouldn't bother trying to fix it... Komo should not be allowed in serious discussions with a comment like that lol

When has MonkeyIsland ever said "The purpose of Classic is to show who the best overall wormer is"?

The League is there simply because people enjoy playing a bunch of balanced schemes against each other, it's that simple...

Where and when did you dismiss this point because I must have missed it, the point I was trying to make with that little off-topic conversation with darKz was IF Intermediate was going to be introduced to Classic, the best scheme to replace would be Elite... So as far as I am concerned, you are wrong because you didn't dismiss the point I just made before, because as far as I am aware, i've never even said this before...

DT - 1st you say "challenge for 50 wins vs any opponents I choose" now you say "challenge for 50 wins against 1st person who wants tus hysteria against me" you can't even make up your mind the conditions of your own stupid challenge...

I've already said I don't have the time to ever play WA again the way I used to dedicate myself to BnG, so I won't do it. And of course YOU rely on luck, because you are pathetic at Hysteria/BnG. Music production is my #1 priority in life right now, I will never have the time available that I did when I was dedicated to BnG.

Besides, anyone who gets 50+ for any scheme these days is either noob bashing/avoiding or incredibly lucky.

Offline Doubletime

• Sweden Sweden
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 21, 2013, 07:20 PM »
Anyone who gets 50 in a row is not incredibily lucky/noob bashing if played with my terms.. I already gave the terms in a previus post.

I admit that im bad at BnG/Hysteria no problem because i do not have some kind of overinflated ego..I can admit that someone else is better than me..

Also if music production is your'e priority how come you spend this time on a forum not related to music arguing about a sport/game that you will no longer dedicate time to while dedicating time to it ? A casual player would ussually not bother with an online forum about the game..Only those who care a little bit extra..

So worms is a priority in your'e life anyways i guess ? Otherwise you would be more interested in trying to share your'e music...

I think you should yield in this debatte..Concur that you where wrong and that Hysteria is not a good choice for Classic and focus on making sweet music...

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #349 on: February 21, 2013, 07:26 PM »
Make up your mind...

Whoopdee doo...

I have multiple computers and I can multi-task, I am working on music at the same time as browsing forums, while I listen to stuff I just done I can quickly check forums it only takes a few seconds to read, and I am a very fast typist.

WA is very special for me, I will always have time for this game, I wouldn't be who I am without this game, and several players on WA have helped me on my path of music production as well as inspired me, if it wasn't for this game, i'd have gave up on music production a long time ago probably.

The only people who are wrong in this thread are those trying to state opinions as facts, free'n'co, acting like personal dislikes are competitive flaws, it cracks me up really lol...

Offline Free

« Reply #350 on: February 21, 2013, 07:40 PM »
Yeah I'm done with this thread also. The reason I mentioned Intermediate is because the scheme utilizes most of allround skills an allround wormer can have, so it's natural to try and make it as a classic scheme even though I understand the problem with bo3 taking too much time, but with effort, I'm sure TUS could solve it.

I like this community too much to get too bothered anymore and get any more personal about this.

But in all seriousness, I'm out, peace. :)

<3

Offline Doubletime

• Sweden Sweden
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 21, 2013, 07:41 PM »
If you have WA to thank for who you are today...Then why are you so thankfull of it ? Imagined what you would have done without wasting so much time and emotion on WA... You could be making a fortune singing songs for teenage girls just like Justin Bieber ! Could you imagine !!! Komodo da Bieber ! Singing great hits like " I'll be quere for you " And " Komo, Komo Komo OHHHH Komo Komo Komo OHHHHHHH !

You could be a legend..But now you are but a legendary joke...

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #352 on: February 21, 2013, 07:45 PM »
Ok Gaytime, that one made me laugh xD

This game, and the people involved, are just too special lol.

« Reply #353 on: February 21, 2013, 07:47 PM »
I dismissed the point of making sure there are equal scheme types in the league when someone else made that point in the thread. 
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #354 on: February 21, 2013, 07:47 PM »
Ah right, ok then :)

Offline Doubletime

• Sweden Sweden
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 21, 2013, 07:51 PM »
So im guessing this means you lost the arguement Komo ?

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #356 on: February 21, 2013, 07:53 PM »
Lol DT, that point has nothing to do with Hysteria though... And it wasn't the same thing I was getting at anyway. I was merely giving my opinion on how Intermediate would be implemented in Classic if it was my choice...

Offline Anubis

« Reply #357 on: February 21, 2013, 07:55 PM »
Since noone is able to pull consequences, I will do so myself. I want this issue to be resolved by TUS staff by making a decision if Hyst stays the way it is (with reasoning) or if it will be changed in the near future.

Untill then I will not play any TUS league games anymore, sorry Q!

Offline Doubletime

• Sweden Sweden
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 21, 2013, 07:58 PM »
Are you admitting that

A Hysteria is not suitable for proffesional play

B Intermidiate should be added while Elite stays

Also i think Anubis option should matter greatly..Afterall 5 people who know almost nothing about whine should not be able to outvote 1 person who is a whine expert that travelled france/South Africa/Spain/Germany who is nearly omniviscient when it comes to Alcoholic beverages....Becuase that would be plain stupidity..

NOT EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE AN EQUAL VOTE !!!!!! We should select the top 19 players who love the game the most/are best at it and then let them vote..

We could base it on results from the classic leauge...

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #359 on: February 21, 2013, 08:04 PM »
Afterall 5 people who know almost nothing about whine should not be able to outvote 1 person who is a whine expert that travelled france/South Africa/Spain/Germany who is nearly omniviscient when it comes to Alcoholic beverages....Becuase that would be plain stupidity..
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 08:06 PM by TheWalrus »