Forums
May 13, 2024, 09:02 PM

Poll

Do you want Hysteria to be in Classic league?

YES
NO

Author Topic: BAN HYSTERIA FROM DEFAULT LEAGUE  (Read 42151 times)

Offline Anubis

Re: BAN HYSTERIA FROM DEFAULT LEAGUE
« Reply #360 on: February 21, 2013, 08:11 PM »
lmao, that made me laugh so much dt, thank you for that. xD

« Reply #361 on: February 21, 2013, 08:13 PM »
We should select the top 19 players who love the game the most/are best at it and then let them vote..

We could base it on results from the classic leauge...

Just because you love something and you're good at it doesn't mean everything you say is infallible toward the subject... If people could objectively look at the schemes and analyze them without bias and use science and reason, that would be best
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline Doubletime

• Sweden Sweden
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 21, 2013, 08:20 PM »
You are right Shyguy. But even if you analize hysteria in a discussion and explain why it sucks it is stila subjective statement..Even if it is obvius..You need to deal with absolutes in order for it to be "Objective " which would carry more weight..

Tallying votes from the top players to se what they think would be more " objective " as if 80 percent of the top players want hysteria gone we know that hysteria absolutely does not fit in with a competitive leauge...

But yeah Hysteria sucks..

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #363 on: February 21, 2013, 08:31 PM »
If people could objectively look at the schemes and analyze them without bias and use science and reason, that would be best

We aren't saying these things with bias judgement Shy, why do you still think that? In what way are we being bias, please show us...

Of course we are using reason, MI/D1 wrapped up everything nicely a while back but you guys still say the same things, our opinions are just different from yours that's all.

Kai, you can't be serious? I hate people who play lame in BnG, I don't really like T17/Elite/TTRR/Shoppa/WxW, but I still play... Cmon man don't be a sissy lol...

You guys don't like Hysteria the way it is, we love it the way it is, you would lose more interest by changing it, than leaving it the way it is.

Also, if this League was run the way you guys wanted it, it'd be the most boring League ever created...

And where exactly are you lot getting your definition of the word "competitive" cuz it really isn't what it says in the dictionary, you are making stuff up saying "it has competitive flaws"...

competitive:

of, pertaining to, involving, or decided by competition: competitive sports; a competitive examination.
well suited for competition; having a feature that makes for successful competition: a competitive price.
having a strong desire to compete or to succeed.

^^ Hysteria is competitive, anything you say against this is a lie, don't kid yourself please lol...

Offline Anubis

« Reply #364 on: February 21, 2013, 08:42 PM »
It has nothing to do that I want Hysteria removed. I made a lot of posts explaining why I think TUS is not reacting correctly to this issue. If it would be about roper I would say the exact same. I would never refuse to play Hyst in a league environment. But I can refuse to support this passive TUS behavior.

Offline Doubletime

• Sweden Sweden
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 21, 2013, 08:44 PM »
" 2.
well suited for competition; having a feature that makes for successful competition: a competitive price. "

Hysteria is not meant for competitive play..It does not have " features " that make for sucsessfull competition.. It is too based on luck and those of lesser skills have way to good chances.. Therefore per this criteria Hysteria not a good competitive scheme..

Sincerly....

/Orville "Doubletime" Sebastian Nordström

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #366 on: February 21, 2013, 08:44 PM »
It has nothing to do that I want Hysteria removed. I made a lot of posts explaining why I think TUS is not reacting correctly to this issue. If it would be about roper I would say the exact same. I would never refuse to play Hyst in a league environment. But I can refuse to support this passive TUS behavior.

Yeah well, send hate mail to their houses, don't go saying you ain't playing no more wtf man...

DT - You have no idea what you are talking about and you are just boring now, go away or get with the program...

Offline Doubletime

• Sweden Sweden
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 21, 2013, 08:53 PM »
Then explain what you are talking about in a peagogic way..

Sincerly..

/Orville " DOUBLETIME" Sebastian Nordström

Offline Anubis

« Reply #368 on: February 21, 2013, 09:00 PM »

Yeah well, send hate mail to their houses, don't go saying you ain't playing no more wtf man...

DT - You have no idea what you are talking about and you are just boring now, go away or get with the program...

All I want is a statement by the people that run this place, you think that is too much to ask in a discussion with 2 big camps? Wow...  :-X
Is every issue going to be handled this way? Then I might as well quit TUS before I get really involved with singles and the like, I actually wanted to start playing singles again, but now that I see no direction in TUS it's an easy decision.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 09:02 PM by Anubis »

« Reply #369 on: February 21, 2013, 09:07 PM »
You are right Shyguy. But even if you analize hysteria in a discussion and explain why it sucks it is stila subjective statement..Even if it is obvius..You need to deal with absolutes in order for it to be "Objective " which would carry more weight..

You must have missed the thread where math was used to prove that hysteria was broken.

You guys don't like Hysteria the way it is, we love it the way it is, you would lose more interest by changing it, than leaving it the way it is.

Also, if this League was run the way you guys wanted it, it'd be the most boring League ever created...

This is what I'm talking about.  This is why you drive people crazy in "debates."   You provide ungrounded statements and present them as an argument. 

"You guys don't like Hysteria the way it is"  - That's your opinion that you're presenting as fact, has nothing to do with anything we've said, and is actually false.  We like hysteria as a scheme outside of the classic like, like boom race and mine madness.

"We love it the way it is." - Again, doesn't provide anything insightful to the discussion, just another pointless opinion

"You would lose more interest by changing it" - 1. No? 2. Where is your proof? 3. If this statement is true, why does that even matter to the discussion?  Just another opinion statement you deliver as truth.  You can't even possibly prove that your statement is true unless we did change things, so for now it's just another pointless opinion piece.

"Also, if this League was run the way you guys wanted it, it'd be the most boring League ever created..."  - Another opinion that you state as fact, another ungrounded statement, another sentence you can't prove AT ALL, so again, why do you say such things that don't matter at all and present them as an argument?  Even if that statement were true, it has nothing to do with the topic of hysteria. 
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline Doubletime

• Sweden Sweden
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 21, 2013, 09:13 PM »
Oh i didn't know math was used to dispell hysteria....Where ???

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #371 on: February 21, 2013, 09:15 PM »
Ok for starters shy, "you guys don't like hysteria the way it is" IS A FACT, it's the reason you are posting here in the 1st place... However:

I never stated anything in the post you just quoted me as a fact anyway, my entire last post was just a little rant, well done, you noticed that?

If I am gonna state something as a fact, i'll outright say "that's a fact".

« Reply #372 on: February 21, 2013, 09:19 PM »
Wordy reply, Anubis ;D

And ignore the "scheme is for noobs" comments. I am not arguing with such arguments and I believe Hysteria deserves to be in the league but it needs to tweaked but the 60% against that are against any change at all. I would welcome any alteration you guys can suggest and try it out for a season.

I will adhere to this advice, so that saves me from responding to the last 3 pages  ;D
As for the alteration of the scheme: I already have my suggestion out: randomsteria. My suggestion has been out ever since I submitted the scheme and hosted a couple of cups with it (that's 2 years ago) and I still think it would improve the scheme as played in leagues. I think it would enormously decrease chesteria - but not make it impossible to abuse turn order (I still think it's a valid tactic. It's just overused). You just need to pay a bit more attention to the turn order. The lowered sd time in that scheme was done because almost everyone can finish all their turns in time, so the 10 second buffer has become too big. With lowered sd time, triggering sd actually becomes part of the tactics and can considerably speed up gameplay if it comes down to a teleport race.

Responding and telling me you (TUS, not you in particular) don't ignore this issue is quite humorous because this is like what? The 10th time the same results and/or discussion has been a major topic in TUS. It "feels" ignored, I know you guys react to it but it feels ignored because you don't really make any decision of weight regarding this.

The reason for this is that in most of those threads, it usually ends up becoming a yelling contest with demands of hysteria being removed. Hysteria isn't going anywhere.

You actually make a good point, why are there not so many threads about Shopper,BnG etc. Maybe it's because there really isn't such a huge antipathy towards those schemes after all. If it would even be close to the same level of Hyst (40:60) resistance, then I am sure it would have the same outrage every now and then, apparently it doesn't.

There were actually quite some threads about BnG if I recall correctly, so that's not entirely true :)

If a major issue in any institution gets postponed again and again I simply get disappointed by the administration. Gather the information we (for and against Hysteria) already gave you numerous times in this and the countless other threads and then decide for your own what you think is best. Make a clear statement why YOU at TUS staff think Hysteria deserves to be in Classic League, or why it does not. So far all I see is: Hysteria is most popular, majority is slim but still majority so it stays.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's how leagues have always been decided. Forts used to be a main league scheme, but it got dumped because it wasn't played enough. WxW wasn't a main league scheme until it got played a lot. Shopper wasn't in the original 3 either, but it was a mainstay scheme, so it got added. That's not going to change because people get their rage on.
If you're looking for no luck and only skill schemes, then the main league should consist of TTRR, bungeerace, boomrace (with /boomrace on so first turner doesn't get an unfair advantage), battlerace (same, so it's not really battlerace anymore) and sheeprace and maybe we'll allow elite and BnG since wind rarely is a deciding factor (though it does help of course): not likely though since first turn does help in getting better spots (that's for the hysteria-isn't-all-skill-so-it-shouldn't-be-a-league-game crowd).

Lets just discuss the topic into oblivion and the "haters" are gone for another 2-3 months, then we do the same, is that what you think is a healthy league administration where a really close call in votes and important topic to many people doesn't get the (imo) appropriate attention.

Perhaps next time the "haters" should try their best not to fill the entire thread full of "GET RID OF HYSTERIA" rage and start to try to find a solution to the problems with a scheme.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #373 on: February 21, 2013, 09:27 PM »
If you're looking for no luck and only skill schemes, then the main league should consist of TTRR, bungeerace, boomrace (with /boomrace on so first turner doesn't get an unfair advantage), battlerace (same, so it's not really battlerace anymore) and sheeprace and maybe we'll allow elite and BnG since wind rarely is a deciding factor (though it does help of course): not likely though since first turn does help in getting better spots (that's for the hysteria-isn't-all-skill-so-it-shouldn't-be-a-league-game crowd).

+ Darts.

Seriously, Darts is on par with TTRR IMO.

Hardly anyone realises how amazingly fun, easy to learn and VERY competitive/fair, this scheme really is... Yet...

« Reply #374 on: February 21, 2013, 09:30 PM »
Perhaps they might when those TCB challenges are uploaded ;D