Forums
June 08, 2024, 03:47 AM

Author Topic: Changing Classic League Schemes  (Read 25133 times)

Offline darKz

Re: Changing Classic League Schemes
« Reply #105 on: July 07, 2012, 04:07 PM »
Your exaggerating though, free league schemes never have enough popularity to become classic league schemes. Alot of people will play hysteria without any problems? How else is it having alot of picks in the league?

I'll quote myself on this one.

Back when I was a noob I picked T17 all the time because it was the only scheme where I had decent winning odds due to crate luck. Nowadays it's Hysteria where there's not even crates. I'll let you guys do the conclusion to this statement.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #106 on: July 07, 2012, 04:13 PM »
If you fancy your chances more in Hysteria, with the fact how good you are at BnG, that doesn't really surprise me tbh, but I don't see it from your perspective so...

« Reply #107 on: July 07, 2012, 04:49 PM »
Instead of crying about it cr8 rape, bad weapons in t17 or poor winds in bng, just get on, face the music and enjoy worms for what it is.

Worms is a very customizable game, and with 4.0, it will be almost completely customizable.  That is what worms is.  The schemes that haven't been touched for years because of tradition is not what worms is.  Keeping zook first turn rule in roper, a rule that originated from w2 because the placements were random and there needed to be a rule in place that prevented unlucky first turn fall damage, is not what worms is.  We have manual placings now, we don't need this rule at all.  As I've said before, this rule can be an unlucky disadvantage due to the wind you are forced to use.  My point is we have the ability to improve schemes due to WAs variety of options and tweaks.  That is what worms is.  WA gives us replays.  You would think we'd be optimistic about them to help settle disputes and outcomes of the game.  Nope, not this community.  We're too stubborn to check replays to see what team was actually faster in a RACING game.  Now we must settle for a flawed system because once again, opinions and subjectively override fact and objectivity. 

Hysteria with 3 seconds, limited teleports, and a handful of added weapons, like aerial but without all the extra bullshit that comes with it, would mend much of the flaws in the scheme. 
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

« Reply #108 on: July 07, 2012, 04:55 PM »
Hysteria with 3 seconds, limited teleports, and a handful of added weapons, like aerial but without all the extra bullshit that comes with it, would mend much of the flaws in the scheme. 
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #109 on: July 07, 2012, 05:04 PM »

I just flatout disagree with that. It'd playout as a completely different game, with different gameplay.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 07, 2012, 05:12 PM »
If you fancy your chances more in Hysteria, with the fact how good you are at BnG, that doesn't really surprise me tbh, but I don't see it from your perspective so...

Dude, do you even understand his point?

He's saying newbies pick hysteria vs better players because it's the scheme with the biggest gamble outcome.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #111 on: July 07, 2012, 05:12 PM »

I just flatout disagree with that. It'd playout as a completely different game, with different gameplay.

Because the broken mechanics of the scheme would be eliminated.  Agreed

Offline darKz

« Reply #112 on: July 07, 2012, 05:16 PM »

Great flaws require great changes.
~ Dubc 2010

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #113 on: July 07, 2012, 05:18 PM »
Because the broken mechanics of the scheme would be eliminated.  Agreed

That's just an opinion shared by some, just the same as my opinion which is shared by some too, I wonder if the whole world was entitled their opinion?

Maybe more would agree with me, maybe more would agree with you.

But put it this way, I think 5s SD is the only change needed, maybe 6s, but if they change Hysteria, in any way that you mentioned, i'd personally never play it in a League again, cuz I would feel like you guys completely f@#!ed it up, I don't know how many feel the same way.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #114 on: July 07, 2012, 05:20 PM »
I think 5s SD and limited teleport (like 20?) could work.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #115 on: July 07, 2012, 05:23 PM »
I think 5s SD and limited teleport (like 20?) could work.

How do we do 20 teleport, I thought max was 9 or 10?

20-25 teleports actually sounds pretty nice... More for 2v2, like 30-40.

Offline darKz

« Reply #116 on: July 07, 2012, 05:26 PM »
It's perfectly fine to have an opinion and post it here Komo but you've done that like 10 times in this thread already, your opinion is not gonna change that's also fine but you're outright ignoring facts which makes it kinda awkward to read your self-centered posts all the time.

Limiting teleports, sounds interesting but I'm not sure about that.. Gotta test it and see how it goes once you run out of teles I guess. :)
You can put any number of teleports from 0 to 255 (I think) with any external scheme editor Komo.
~ Dubc 2010

« Reply #117 on: July 07, 2012, 05:28 PM »
We've already had this debate before.  Hysteria doesn't meet the criteria for a competitive game (one that involves risks and rewards).  There's a lack of ways to gain an advantage in this scheme - if you kill a lot, die a lot, whatever, the scales never tip in the favor of someone and that is terrible for a competitive scheme.  If you want to argue that you should just take good top hides, I will argue that league schemes need to be as diverse as possible, and we already have bng to fill the role of top hide hysteria

« Reply #118 on: July 07, 2012, 05:29 PM »
The 3s turn scheme thingy is not about changing hysteria, its about replacing it with something new yet similar. And i can bet my limbs + kidney as a bonus that it will play well, of course when scheme was designed well.
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #119 on: July 07, 2012, 05:46 PM »
It's perfectly fine to have an opinion and post it here Komo but you've done that like 10 times in this thread already, your opinion is not gonna change that's also fine but you're outright ignoring facts which makes it kinda awkward to read your self-centered posts all the time.

You and Shy, and the rest of you, are doing the exact same thing.

And I ain't ignoring anything, you think I am, I just don't see it the way you guys do, and I don't believe they are flaws.