Forums
May 10, 2024, 03:46 PM

Author Topic: Changing Classic League Schemes  (Read 24722 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Changing Classic League Schemes
« Reply #195 on: July 08, 2012, 11:12 AM »
Random, that method just wouldn't work against me, I doubt it'd work against you either, we are too good.

Yes, this problem affects weaker players, but it's their responsibility to get better, or suffer possible consequences.

This is my point, if you are good enough, there is NO situation you can lose if you do everything right.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #196 on: July 08, 2012, 11:14 AM »
Its a shame noobies pick this scheme because they think they have a chance of winning it, but shame to the pros to losing to noobs haha.

Do you really think people choose Hysteria just because they think they have a chance of winning it? Anyone truly skilled in Hysteria would realise the better player will usually win, just like Roper.

Dunno, im just going off what Darkz and ropa said on page 9. Apparently Darkz thinks noobs pick it because its a scheme they arn't good in but think they stand a chance because of the luck and gamble. Just like why dark used to pick T17

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 08, 2012, 11:28 AM »
Its a shame noobies pick this scheme because they think they have a chance of winning it, but shame to the pros to losing to noobs haha.

Do you really think people choose Hysteria just because they think they have a chance of winning it? Anyone truly skilled in Hysteria would realise the better player will usually win, just like Roper.

Dunno, im just going off what Darkz and ropa said on page 9. Apparently Darkz thinks noobs pick it because its a scheme they arn't good in but think they stand a chance because of the luck and gamble. Just like why dark used to pick T17

Of course, just like if I came back to league activity right now and my plan was to climb the ladders I'd pick hysteria against more players in better form
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #198 on: July 08, 2012, 11:29 AM »

Well, there is some truth to that, although in innocence.

It's usual for average players to have moments of "top form" where 2/3 of their shots are perfect.

But if a player is good enough, he will have held balance the entire game, so it will at least stay as whoever keeps playing better.

An example, I am a very keen pool player and we play alot at work on our breaks, now although there are better players than me, i've had moments of doing like, 3 doubles in a row, then an up/down finish on the black perfectly, this doesn't really mean I got lucky, nor does it mean I am the better player, if my opponent had played his shots good enough, he wouldn't have left me in the situation of doing what I done to get that "extra top form" and win.

Of course, just like if I came back to league activity right now and my plan was to climb the ladders I'd pick hysteria against more players in better form

Yeah, and that would maybe work cuz most players are only average, you would beat lots of noobs, then make it to the PO, and get owned in Hysteria against someone like me, in fact, Random, since he actually makes PO regulary, and i'd say he's a shit hot Hysteria player.

Then you would just be a noob basher, and not a good Hysteria player lol.

Offline darKz

« Reply #199 on: July 08, 2012, 12:00 PM »
I think that most of the players that pick Hysteria against me, pick it, because they think they have the best chances of winning in this scheme.

Exactly what I'm talking about. Even if the game doesn't go your way you can still save it late game by hiding on the edge of the map, forcing SD, hope for your opponent to miss once you teleport up (of course it's a gamble, nobody has 100% accuracy, not even you Komo), and then have a big chance to gg him. The success rate of this is, as has already been said, less than 50%, but even if it were only 10% it's still ridiculously high for not doing anything productive during the entire game.

There are flaws, face it Komo. Just repeating how good you are won't change that fact, it doesn't have any weight in this topic.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Peja

« Reply #200 on: July 08, 2012, 12:10 PM »
forcing sudden death = 10 turns

this makes 10 turns for you to prepare yourself and the enviroment for the final shot because in the this scenario u have total mapcontroll. you will have the first shot from the most suitable place on the map. you cant have any better circumstances to end the game. if you still miss, you obviously deserve beeing defeated.
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 08, 2012, 12:13 PM »

Yeah, and that would maybe work cuz most players are only average, you would beat lots of noobs, then make it to the PO, and get owned in Hysteria against someone like me, in fact, Random, since he actually makes PO regulary, and i'd say he's a shit hot Hysteria player.

Then you would just be a noob basher, and not a good Hysteria player lol.

What does that have to do with anything? I'd still pick it against better players for the reasons already stated. It's already happening, Rambo confirmed it happened to him. The fact that you think you would own me has little to do with it. I wouldn't pick hysteria against you, not because you're good at it, that's irrelevant, but because there's easier schemes to beat you at. Now if I had to play someone like Mablak then of course hysteria is my first pick, how can it not be? It's my best chance at winning, I believe it's simple enough to understand without the need of getting all defensive and boring the whole forum on how good you think you are.

edit: the 2 viable options to stop most of the drama of the scheme are
a) limit teleports
b) give more HP to worms
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 12:19 PM by ropa »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #202 on: July 08, 2012, 12:21 PM »
Now if I had to play someone like Mablak then of course hysteria is my first pick, how can it not be? It's my best chance at winning, I believe it's simple enough to understand without the need of getting all defensive and boring the whole forum on how good you think you are.

It's your best chance of winning because Mablak is just so much better than you at everything else, and even at that, I reckon Mablak would still annihilate you in Hysteria.

I don't think you have a chance against him, if he was active.

Offline Flori

« Reply #203 on: July 08, 2012, 12:28 PM »
Jusr saw last pages :
Komo you are really ridiculous.
I maybe don't agree with ou, peja, chicken and MI but at least they put arguments. You just tell us shit about how good you are, that it is similar to poker etc.

Btw, if forcing SD is not an advantage mostly, are we supposed to bng for 1 hour 80% of games to get the luckyshotgg ?
All my hysts I put myself in danger because I can't last 1 hour on doing those boring shots, so I try to force SD or I get an easy hide for my opponent.
This is so f@#!ing no sense. If both players want very hard to win, they won't force SD and they won't get easy hides. Yeah a competitive schemes that last 1 hour to wait the luckyshotgg.
No joke komo like hyst, he is one of the only guys that don't care playing bng 1 hour on evil hides.
This is why you think hyst is fair.
And don't talk about ur early and mid tactics and bluffs that are so good, this is bullshit.
i enjoy playing hysteria until it comes to the 1v1 end. I already know this is a luckyshotgg fight and don't want to sit and be bored in a hardcore bng fight.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 12:44 PM by Flori »

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 08, 2012, 12:29 PM »
I reckon Mablak would still annihilate you in Hysteria.

I can darkside all game up to SD and wait for the water to raise almost all the way, and even if he whoever is so much better than me, there's still a chance, for such a gambler scheme, that something happens beyond his control, much more likely than him falling a couple of times in a roper of messing up a default game to the point of no return.

Like when the other day we played a couple of hysterias and even though they were funners and you still won I was still competing, you know, a guy who plays once week versus the greatest hysteria/bng player ever known. Kind of puts to question the competitiveness of the scheme when basically any average joe has a chance on beating the god of the scheme.- This doesn't happen in other schemes I hope you realize what the actual point is.

Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #205 on: July 08, 2012, 12:35 PM »
They have a chance because mistakes in Hysteria can be more costly than most other schemes, and I am only human.

I am not the best Hysteria player.

Next...

Offline Flori

« Reply #206 on: July 08, 2012, 12:59 PM »
Yeah like start of game, i try a boucing grenade and it comes back to my face. My worm get ploped.
"Damn it what a fool". 2secs after : "Oo its hysteria, nvm, i'll telepile and get an advantage".
Can't stand anymore argumenting with this guy.
I told most of my thoughts about the schemes and posted my arguments, i've nothing more to say this is just a loss of time talking with you Komo. Your arguments are : I'm good, I'm pro, I'mm bng lover, I'm a bluffer..
If we get back at the start of the topic and start quoting you, we'd have 2 lines about why bng is competitive, 500 lines about ur skills and some CUTE sentences like "People wants to change things about w;a because they are unhappy in their lifes" "Hysteria is like Poker". I forgot the 15 others.

About the schemes, we should try in fact to change some thing, and test it. The worm select idea could be really good. Changing sd to 5 secs maybe too.
If you guys wanna try things i'm here to test with you.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #207 on: July 08, 2012, 02:10 PM »

edit: the 2 viable options to stop most of the drama of the scheme are
a) limit teleports
b) give more HP to worms

Certainly think limiting teleports is worth a good. It would put alot more focus on nicer jetpack moves once your teleports have run out

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #208 on: July 08, 2012, 03:13 PM »
Yeah like start of game, i try a boucing grenade and it comes back to my face. My worm get ploped.
"Damn it what a fool". 2secs after : "Oo its hysteria, nvm, i'll telepile and get an advantage".

That doesn't give you an advantage if the other person knows how to handle it.

Next.

Offline darKz

« Reply #209 on: July 08, 2012, 03:19 PM »
Floris point was that early and mid game don't mean a shit, which defies the logic behind a scheme being competitive (not talking about your twisted definition of the word). You missed the point, in fact you haven't countered a single argument so far which makes that "next" at the end of your posts look pathetic to be honest.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010