Forums
May 09, 2024, 09:14 AM

Author Topic: hysteria in the classic league  (Read 11248 times)

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
Re: hysteria in the classic league
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2012, 09:39 PM »
You don't need a separate leagues, just separate ratings.

Bng
roper/wxw
shopper/team17
rr
elite

5 ratings

MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline twistah

« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2012, 09:45 PM »
i like the idea the schemes getting separated in the league. that way you can add even more schemes. theres cool schemes around that are not getting the popularity they should get. does someone still remember boomrace? such stuff could be there. makes it even more an all around league. or jetpack race. would be cool, really

Offline franz

« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2012, 09:52 PM »
hysteria is a cool scheme. there's nothing quite like it. 1 sec turns, 1 weapon per hotkey, no rules, and different strategies. I don't understand why people think it's the least competitive scheme out there. I have lots of fun figuring out different ways to win each and every game.

most people bashing hysteria don't feel like figuring out how to win at a new scheme.

TEL

TEL isn't working anymore. multiple TEL seasons in a row has only killed its activity every single consecutive season. this should tell us that one scheme shouldn't have it's own league multiple seasons in a row. the same thing happened for TRL: Roper. two seasons in a row killed its activity. even a THL (Hysteria League) I predict would have steadily declining activity every consecutive season.

I haven't thought of a solution yet, but I'd like to think one up and share when I can :)  (HHC's idea is one that kind of relates to this, but I don't think quite solves everything yet)

« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2012, 09:54 PM »
Actually this idea has been around a while now and I do like it. It is much more organized and all schemes gain the possibility of having playoffs. I remember some people didn't like it though. (like NAiL)

eh? quotes or it didnt happen.
worm and learn

« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2012, 09:55 PM »
The 'anything for the win' mentality is what's killing hysteria for a lot of people tbh. Killing a worm of your own just to get turn advantage is just a cause of that mentality.
The same mentality causes people to hide on top in ropers, hide in small crevaces to repeat the same banking grenades in BnGs and makes people choose the same map over and over again. It has caused notching to appear.
Give it time and the anything-for-the-win crowd will find something to make gameplay suffer for a good winning percentage.

That said, hysteria does seem to make it easier for this particular crowd. Hysteria without turn order abuse (or at least with a minimal amount of it) can be a great scheme and I usually have a fun time playing it. If I could suggest anything to make the scheme a bit better, it's lower sd time. When Run invented the scheme, it actually had 20 seconds before sd, but people kept getting better and better at getting their turns finished within a second, so it got lowered to 10.
Considering hysteria was supposed to be played with as many people as possible, I don't think it's a bad thing if sd time got lowered to 5 seconds.

Turn order abuse could be countered in a couple of ways: there's the idea of adding a rule, but I don't see how Run would have approved of that (and personally, I don't think this is the way to go). There's random turn order, but people don't seem to approve of that (the main reason was that then, being able to abuse turn order would become too difficult ;D go figure)

That's my 2 cents for the scheme itself (nothing new, sorry!)

MI, would you ever give it a shot to separate all schemes? I know this is currently more or less implemented, but each individual scheme counts towards the overall rating and the individual schemes don't have their own playoffs. Like TRL, just for every scheme. People only interested in TTRR and Roper would search opponents only for these two schemes and so on. Making highly skilled Playoffs, reducing Luck since Games could be Bo3 in every scheme.

The thought of managing those will probably give franz a stroke!
So far, people are having a hard time finishing their TRL playoffs already. I can't imagine how things would be if there were 8 separate playoffs each season.

Offline darKz

« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2012, 11:31 PM »
HHC, your idea implies that a scheme would only be in the league once every 3 seasons, not cool. :D

So far, people are having a hard time finishing their TRL playoffs already. I can't imagine how things would be if there were 8 separate playoffs each season.

^ Seconded, stressed, underlined. There can't be even more playoffs.

There's gotta be a way to improve the league system. And I feel we're getting closer to a solution. :)
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2012, 07:45 AM »
Honestly, it's really mainly old players, alot of whom don't even play TuS Leagues, even if THOSE PEOPLE got everything they wished for, I bet they still wouldn't play, they didn't stop playing because of Hysteria, they stopped playing because of other personal committments or doing other stuff in their life, stop trying to ruin it for the people, the majority I may add, who actually take Hysteria competitively.

Hysteria is a great scheme and in my opinion it definately fits in TuS Classic League.

For me, it's very competitive, actually, the most competitive scheme on TuS Classics in my opinion:

You have 1s turntime, people can't notch, so basic instinct (true skill/experience) is more important with this scheme than any other(talking about shooting here, not including roping), and with so little time it's almost impossible to cheat, especially with tactics such as piling and darksiding to avoid people using macros to notch petrols/nades/zooks, you can even counter an aimbot with Hyst tactics lol...

If you lose a worm 1st turn, you can pile your opponent, if you have a bad start and say, 2/3 worms go down to very low HP, then you can suicide them and pile using your own judgement the best way to achieve this.
If your opponent piles you, you just bunch your worms together, then at the right time, darkside.

If your opponent darksides, you can skip time.
If you are darksiding and your opponent skips time, then it's up to you to be accurate (skilled enough) with BnG to make good use of the bazooka, remember if you can't hit them, just destroy the land at THEIR side, that way when water starts to rise, they will be more scared than you because your side is better, this actually affects peoples gameplay.

And also, I have a few other tactical secrets :P

The ONLY downside to this scheme, in my opinion, is WATCHING long endgames, but for me being part of the long endgame, the whole cat and mouse thing, I love that, it's the biggest buzz for me since BnG, even if I lose, I can NEVER feel bad because I know my opponent didn't lame me, or repeat shots or notch in like a BnG, or possibly use a macro in a Roper or TTRR, or playing someone like Dario at Intermediate because he's a freek and spends a ridiculous amount of time reverse engineering the physics of WA, and I actually think I prefer Hysteria to BnG, I just don't have the time in my life right now to be as intense with it as I was with Warmers/Ropers/BnG in the past.

I still consider myself one of the best Hysteria players on WA at the moment though , i've lost alot of games due to the fact I prefer not to darkside and pile as much as other players and losing didn't bother me because I personally just enjoy the scheme that way, but when I use every tactic I know, it's extremely difficult for anyone to beat me, I can lose though if my opponent is good enough or lucky enough just like any other person, but the more I play Hysteria the more it's actually becoming the most competitive scheme i've ever played.

Obviously I can get annoyed at let's say, for example, daina the stupid %$&*^ when you tell her to do one simple thing in a clanner xD ;P j/k sweetheart <3

But 1v1, I have never been so peaceful with a scheme.

I think you lot seriously just need to accept WA is changing, and theres nothing you can do about it, i've accepted it, and I love it, you should too xD

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2012, 07:51 AM »
Komo, for the love of god, can you not express your opinion without trying to tell everyone how great you think you are.
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2012, 07:55 AM »
rofl @ no notching (barman always does) & "secrets" (obvious things) & best hyst player & always blaming daina. You're the walking joke, Komo ;D

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline Hussar

« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2012, 08:04 AM »
kick Hysteria and add something fresh like Aerial which is rly enjoyable and demanding or just intermadiate which is fine too or at least better then hyst.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2012, 08:23 AM »
You can look it that way if you want dub, and statik.

I am a confident person who tells things EXACTLY as they are, I am not ashamed of it, for all our opinions there are always some who agree and some who disagree, live with it.

At least you can trust me and rely on me, what's more important?

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2012, 08:34 AM »
I created posted an individual thread for league plans. Please continue there.

You can get back to Hysteria here.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2012, 09:06 AM »
Komo, have you ever heard about the "objectivity" word? Win the TRL and then you can call yourself best of the best lucker noobbasher till the end of the world, I trust only digits there. You are doing well in clanners, but maybe you'll suck hard 1vs1, who knows. I'm constantly doing one of the top3 times in TTRR challenges and yeah, I'm one of the best roper around and I have proofs, ashuahua!

P.S. Don't take it too serious please, you are just too funny ;D

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2012, 09:26 AM »
I said I still consider myself one of the best I didn't say I was the best.

I feel the best players of Hysteria, there are around 10-20, who are a fair bit better than the next level.

When I say things like this, you people don't even stop for a minute to think about what I am actually saying, you have this pre-conceived concept of having everything sugarcoated filled with little white lies.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2012, 09:26 AM »
I don't understand why people think it's the least competitive scheme out there.

Flow, think to yourself what makes a good competitive scheme. When you come to the part about risk-reward, apply it to hysteria and realize how little sense 90% of the game makes, assuming equal skill level.

edit: can we do without the "oldschoolers hate hysteria" posts and all that sort of bullshit? There's no proof of those claims and many of the people you say never play, hate hysteria and wouldn't even play if it was fixed were the same people that "tested" the scheme and made it popular.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 09:31 AM by ropa »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.