Forums
May 17, 2024, 11:01 AM

Author Topic: hysteria in the classic league  (Read 11266 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: hysteria in the classic league
« Reply #90 on: April 12, 2012, 10:17 AM »
I don't understand why people think it's the least competitive scheme out there.

Flow, think to yourself what makes a good competitive scheme. When you come to the part about risk-reward, apply it to hysteria and realize how little sense 90% of the game makes, assuming equal skill level.

Can you elborate on that please? Because that's only an opinion that you feel 90% of the game makes little sense, there is a larger population of people who enjoy Hysteria competitively than there is who don't.

I get Hysteria, you don't, there is no problem, why does it even bother you when you don't play WA actively?

It IS a competitive scheme, you just don't like it.

I don't like T17, Shopper, Elite or WxW, and it isn't competitive for me, but I understand how it is for others and I have to accept that.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 12, 2012, 10:26 AM »
I think we have different understandings of the words competitive, whilst I'm speaking of the literal term and applying logic to its argumentation you seem to think it's a synonym of "liking". But you couldn't be more wrong. I like hysteria, I just don't think it's competitive because there's no risk and reward. You can make 3 amazing turns, in which you risk a lot but succeed, manage to kill 3 worms and lose only one but all the scheme does is punish you for it to the point were your opponent doesn't need to risk anything to make the game even again with a bit of cautious play (piling, darksiding). Surely you understand this and you don't need me to elaborate further into how competition assumes equal grounds to reach an equal goal, and that clearly one player deserves more for risking more (and in this example, succeeding) than the other? I mean, you might want to change the meaning of competition but in my book (and most dictionaries) this examples proves there's a flaw in the intrinsic competitiveness of said scheme.

This should be obvious to anyone whose goal is to improve competition as opposed to stop their favorite schemes from moving on to better suited environments but it's not.

The mere fact that some of you have gone as far as to claim that me, darkz, barman and a bunch of others "hate hysteria" just shows how blind you are in your judgment. Simply put, you're lost for arguments.

And when I say you, or you're, I'm not referring to you Komodo, but to you and all the ones that have made similar claims or seem unable to comprehend the flaws with a scheme their rank can't spare losing.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 10:29 AM by ropa »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline twistah

« Reply #92 on: April 12, 2012, 10:29 AM »
komito: you seem like saying the competitive schemes ain't competitive and those that acutally really ain't are competitive for you. lol

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #93 on: April 12, 2012, 10:38 AM »
ropa, Hysteria is competitive, it meets the defination of the word competitive, literally, by the power invested in the English language, I am right, you are wrong.

Nothing has to be "perfect" to be competitive, nor does it need to meet the desires of the elite and well educated, well spoken in multiple languages, worms society.

It has flaws in your eyes, but in my eyes those mean extra competition and challenge, and I enjoy a long tense battle which Hysteria provides, for me Hysteria endgame is also a slight battle of patience and persistance, something which some of the most successful people have.

One mans trash is another mans treasure.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 12, 2012, 10:41 AM »
ropa, Hysteria is competitive, it meets the defination of the word competitive, literally, by the power invested in the English language, I am right, you are wrong.

Nothing has to be "perfect" to be competitive, nor does it need to meet the desires of the elite and well educated, well spoken in multiple languages, worms society.

It has flaws in your eyes, but in my eyes those mean extra competition and challenge, and I enjoy a long tense battle which Hysteria provides, for me Hysteria endgame is also a slight battle of patience and persistance, something which some of the most successful people have.

Aha, so in conclusion, you're saying a competition in which you get punished for succeeding is not flawed because you've grown to enjoy it, personally speaking.

I'm done with this particular argument.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline avirex

« Reply #95 on: April 12, 2012, 10:48 AM »
you get punished for succeeding when you dont take the right steps to avoid punishment....

you act like there is no way to avoid the tele pile ropa... you act like the scheme is just first one to be killed, wins....you act like you even play w:a.... get lost dude

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #96 on: April 12, 2012, 10:52 AM »

Aha, so in conclusion, you're saying a competition in which you get punished for succeeding is not flawed because you've grown to enjoy it, personally speaking.

Dude, if you feel that way, you just aren't that good at the scheme, seriously, accept the fact you are terrible at this scheme and there are so many people who are better than you.

Get punished, please, if I can plop 3 worms like that I have the knowledge, experience, skill and intelligence to handle this situation, and if I fail, it's my fault, not the schemes, I knew what to do, I just done it wrong.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 12, 2012, 10:58 AM »
you get punished for succeeding when you dont take the right steps to avoid punishment....

you act like there is no way to avoid the tele pile ropa... you act like the scheme is just first one to be killed, wins

You don't understand.

There's no way to avoid said punishment. It might happen or it might not depending on the situation, of course if I play a total noob it won't matter. I know there will always be particular scenarios, let's not try to discuss those.

I'm speaking of punishment in the sense that whilst the objective is to kill all enemy worms you actually get no reward for doing so in your path to completing the objective. Whilst it would make sense to gain an edge by killing 3 worms you don't (yes, you might if you're a super player like Komodo) but are you aware of the term "generally speaking".

And I'm all aware that some people might find that part of the game fun, I know people enjoy 1 hour darksiding games, I'm aware of those people. But if you can't get you're head around the fact that a scheme in which I can lose 3 worms by doing 3 mistakes and give no edge to my opponent has a flaw in competition then I see no point in arguing.

Oh, and you've already made 4 or 5 posts saying I don't play worms and implying that somewhat that's relevant, I got the point, everyone did. Care to come up with fresh material?
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #98 on: April 12, 2012, 10:59 AM »
ropa, seriously, stop posting regarding this, because you don't know the scheme as well as you think you do.

Anyway, "competitive" doesn't correspond to what you said.

Offline avirex

« Reply #99 on: April 12, 2012, 11:02 AM »
yeah you dont know shit dude... as i said, if u dont take the steps to defend the telepile, you will get the tele pile...   thats obvious enough right???

as i have said though, there are ways to avoid it, if your not a complete dumb ass........  and if you actually played the game (im saying it again) you might know that

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 12, 2012, 11:06 AM »

Dude, if you feel that way, you just aren't that good at the scheme, seriously, accept the fact you are terrible at this scheme and there are so many people who are better than you.

Get punished, please, if I can plop 3 worms like that I have the knowledge, experience, skill and intelligence to handle this situation, and if I fail, it's my fault, not the schemes, I knew what to do, I just done it wrong.

So you're actually implying I have an agenda because I suck at hysteria?

I've never even claimed to be good at the scheme but hey, if that helps you come up with bullshit, by all means make this place your WC.

Yes Komodo, we're aware of your super skills. Barcelona can get 5 false penalties awarded against them and end up winning 6 to 5. Doesn't make the referee any less crap. Can you stop thinking about scenarios involving yourself and try and look at the big picture?. Once we teach you how to do that we might move on into things such as hypotheticals and exercises such as assuming equal level of skill, those kind of things will really help you come up with better judgment in general, as opposed to doing what's best for your own sake.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 11:14 AM by ropa »
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #101 on: April 12, 2012, 11:13 AM »
I'll tell you what ropa, why don't you take this chance and take action to defend yourself?

TRL just happens to be Hysteria this Season, why don't you play the rest of the season, take it seriously, try your best, and see how far you get, then come back and post how you feel.

If you don't accept this then I assume the following:

You don't like this scheme, it's just an opinion, it isn't right or wrong.

You think you already know enough about the scheme to judge it and oppose it.

If you do accept this and still feel the EXACT same way, then I assume the following:

You don't like this scheme, it's just an opinion, it isn't right or wrong, but the fact you say it is flawed, is wrong.

Whether you like the scheme or not, no matter what your opinion is, there are no flaws with this scheme, the scheme has no rules, whatever happens happens, but it happens because of what you and your opponent do in the very short time available between turns and during turns, it's so fast it's EASY to make mistakes, or not think slightly further ahead and not forsee a crucial and simple mistake...

What exactly is a flaw? It's similar to an error, it's simplest and most basic meaning being "something is wrong".

In Hysteria, nothing goes wrong, you can expect to be piled if you kill too many worms, or you can brave the challenge and go for it anyway, you make your own destiny in Hysteria, it's anything goes, what you think that means? A walk in the park? No sudden movements? Your finger could slip (honest) and lose a game cuz of it, your fault, so far i've won at least 4 games because my opponent finger slipped, honestly.

« Reply #102 on: April 12, 2012, 11:18 AM »
yeah you dont know shit dude... as i said, if u dont take the steps to defend the telepile, you will get the tele pile...   thats obvious enough right???

as i have said though, there are ways to avoid it, if your not a complete dumb ass........  and if you actually played the game (im saying it again) you might know that

You cant defend against telepile, at least not at all times. Turn with a loophole in your position will come eventually and if not, theres allways a risk and if done smart, that counter positioning wont help you much.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 11:20 AM by lacoste »
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 12, 2012, 11:18 AM »
I'll tell you what ropa, why don't you take this chance and take action to defend yourself?

TRL just happens to be Hysteria this Season, why don't you play the rest of the season, take it seriously, try your best, and see how far you get, then come back and post how you feel.

If you don't accept this then I assume the following:

You don't like this scheme, it's just an opinion, it isn't right or wrong.

You think you already know enough about the scheme to judge it and oppose it.

If you do accept this and still feel the EXACT same way, then I assume the following:

You don't like this scheme, it's just an opinion, it isn't right or wrong, but the fact you say it is flawed, is wrong.

Whether you like the scheme or not, no matter what your opinion is, there are no flaws with this scheme, the scheme has no rules, whatever happens happens, but it happens because of what you and your opponent do in the very short time available between turns and during turns, it's so fast it's EASY to make mistakes, or not think slightly further ahead and not forsee a crucial and simple mistake...

What exactly is a flaw? It's similar to an error, it's simplest and most basic meaning being "something is wrong".

In Hysteria, nothing goes wrong, you can expect to be piled if you kill too many worms, or you can brave the challenge and go for it anyway, you make your own destiny in Hysteria, it's anything goes, what you think that means? A walk in the park? No sudden movements? Your finger could slip (honest) and lose a game cuz of it, your fault.

action to defend myself? Of what? Of your accusations? You say there's many people better than me in hysteria, do you see me arguing that?

Hey Komodo, you suck at football, why don't you take this chance to defend yourself and get a trial at Manchester United and see if you can win the Champions League... Wait, you can't? Don't you dare speak about football ever again.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 11:24 AM by ropa »
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #104 on: April 12, 2012, 11:26 AM »
So will you stop accusing Hysteria of not being competitive enough to be in the main League?

After all it's the most competitive scheme on TuS, why? Because it's the most popular, I know you can't believe it, but that does make it the most competitive scheme on TuS.

TTRR/Warmers being the most physically challenging schemes doesn't make them the most competitive ones.

Elite being one of the most tactical schemes doesn't make it the most competitive.

BnG being less lucky than the other schemes doesn't make it the most competitive.

They are all competitive, but at the moment, the most competitive scheme on TuS is Hysteria, because it's the most active.

Why the hell would anyone want to take the most competitive scheme, which has actually played a HUGE part in introducing most of the players of the last 2 years into the world of competitive gameplay on Worms Armageddon online, it's also one of the most friendly and easy to understand/play, because it has such low error margin/cheat accusation, and no rules...

It's one of the the damn best things to happen to Worms Armageddon since the updates, and i'll be damned if a handful of players who don't even play are trying to take that away from me, and everyone else !