Forums
April 27, 2024, 06:48 PM

Author Topic: More rope schemes for TFL  (Read 5766 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: More rope schemes for TFL
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2015, 07:53 AM »
you do know in TFL BatteRace has SD and who ever is winning after 40mins wins.

No I didn't, but thanks, that makes it more bearable.

and that is the risk you take if you choose to play free leauge... your oponent may pick a long scheme... if you dont have time, dont ask for tus.

Yes, that's ok when you get to pick your favourite scheme too, but if you are forced to play 2 schemes you don't like, and if it takes 1-2 hours to play schemes you don't enjoy I don't think that sounds appealing to players.

Offline spleen17

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2015, 11:26 PM »
Personaly, I dont think my CrateRace Mulitplayer scheme is good for TUS free, its pretty much just TTRR. And I bet that would start people playing TFL but then avoider other players picks like they already do.

Well I consider it to be different to ttrr because all four worms count, so it is more about roping for your whole turn without falling than setting a good time. I am open to other rope schemes instead though.

Offline Triad

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2015, 02:29 PM »
TFL already has too many schemes. We gotta come up with something to organize them otherwise adding more schemes will bring more disaster.

Perhaps at the end of the current season remove 3-4 of the least popular and add 2-3 more?

This. MI creates a poll like TRL polls. Then he replaces least played 4 schemes in league with 4 schemes got the highest votes on poll.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 02:33 PM by Triad »

Offline hollow

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2015, 03:14 PM »
1) I second the notion that more rope schemes should be added, though exact rules for implementation would need discussion (e.g., bo3 for ZaR Shopper?)
It would be cool if people that traditionally played a lot of classic got into TFL because of more rope schemes, since it's a really diverse and fun league.
2) I also like idea of getting rid of least played schemes; kinda like relegation in professional (european) football leagues.
3) Dislike Pizza's idea of full random, since you would end up playing schemes you don't like and won't HF.

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2015, 03:56 PM »
How about my Rope Kaos scheme?
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

Offline hollow

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2015, 03:59 PM »
IMO kaos is much better the way it is - bungee only. Inf. rope would make it far too easy. If any Kaos scheme deserves to be in TFL it is the updated Kaos league version with no double damage (among other things).

Offline MarianRV

« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2015, 06:14 PM »
I don't think the Rope Kaos scheme would fit well in tfl :/

Offline Senator

« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2015, 07:21 PM »
Doesn't TFL serve as an option for those who want to avoid roping (see Hurz's comment for example)? Could just remove Big RR and make it purely roping-free league.

Offline Hurz

« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2015, 07:44 PM »
since there are roping leagues enough.

Offline spleen17

« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2015, 07:56 PM »

What you mean? Only 5 rope schemes in tus leagues atm.

Doesn't TFL serve as an option for those who want to avoid roping (see Hurz's comment for example)? Could just remove Big RR and make it purely roping-free league.

Where's the fun in that? :)  The idea is to get more people playing TFL, not less.

Offline piki1802

« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2015, 09:03 PM »
Can anybody explain to me what is going on here.

Right now all I can say is that you guys suddenly are interested in tfl, but only if it'd change?...

Where's the fun in that? :)  The idea is to get more people playing TFL, not less.

But if you don't change anything, you won't have less people who'd play it in general. Of course their interest in the league might drop from time to time, but still they will come back with activity some day...

@Adding roping schemes. I'm not a fan of roping schemes. It could be interesting to try to add something, but will it really attract anybody to play TFL? I don't think people would be attracted to play a 2 picked TFL just because of a rope scheme they like. They'd still tend to play tus classic.

@Scheme dodging. Well, I would imagine this a league for people who in general like to play fair. I don't have any problem if somebody tells me they don't have a lot of time, or he really dislikes some schemes. As long as he doesn't give me a huge list of schemes he doesn't want to play. After all it is your pick.

Why is this thread brought up?? I don't understand people who argue about a league which they have barely played. And with played I mean normally, and not played 200 times the same scheme because it accidently happend to be in the league.

Organizing is the way to go I think, but that's a very tricky job.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2015, 12:03 AM »

Are there? There are no roping leagues, and PRL doesn't count because it's not offical and I will be discontinuing PRL on the 29th of May anyway due to lack of interest.

TFL is not intended to be a non-roping League, TuS Classic has TTRR/Roper/WxW/Shopper, and TFL has BigRR and Darts, I consider Darts a roping scheme due to the various types of swings and styles in all the different maps, plus if you can control the rope perfectly in Darts then you will know how to swing it properly for at least the Shopper scheme, and vice versa.

TFL is purely an alternative League for those who enjoy more than just the Classic schemes, it's no ones fault that there aren't more available roping schemes good enough to be used in a League, maybe we should try to invent some? It would be nice to have more roping schemes that don't require as much practise as TTRR/WxW and to be as basic as Shopper/Darts.

@ piki, I do really like several schemes in TFL but the fact someone might choose some of the schemes I really don't like makes me avoid playing TFL properly and hence why 40/66 games i've played in TFL are Darts that I played with pretty much other dS members.

I just had a look and realized I like exactly 11/22, 50% of TFL schemes, and the rest being schemes i'd avoid at all costs.

I would be happy enough to play schemes I don't enjoy if they only lasted 5-10 minutes max, but unfortunately those are all schemes that can last up to an hour or longer, so it's just not worth my time spending so long doing something I don't enjoy in my spare time, and I don't mind giving free wins but what would be the point if maybe 40% or more of my games were free wins it would be stupid to even play the League lol.

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2015, 06:15 AM »

Perhaps at the end of the current season remove 3-4 of the least popular

Recycle Bin League time has come?  :D

Offline MarianRV

« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2015, 07:23 AM »
Recycle Bin League time has come?  :D
That sounds funny :D

Offline spleen17

« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2015, 10:10 AM »

Why is this thread brought up?? I don't understand people who argue about a league which they have barely played. And with played I mean normally, and not played 200 times the same scheme because it accidently happend to be in the league.

Who are you talking about? I played 62 games last season and only 7 Big RR, how is that not playing the league properly?

As far as I know no one is abusing any single scheme (Hurz is probably closest with darts). But, even if they were, they are still allowed an opinion on how to make the league better.

'accidentally' in league, wtf? What does that even mean?