Forums
May 16, 2024, 01:22 AM

Author Topic: No Rules BnG - It's the right thing to do.  (Read 13739 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: No Rules BnG - It's the right thing to do.
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2012, 10:04 AM »
The option of having both scheme available seems better to me as well, but what would happen in PO if 1 player wanted NrBnG and other wants normal? Find a way around that situation and well whatever...

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2012, 10:08 AM »
The option of having both scheme available seems better to me as well, but what would happen in PO if 1 player wanted NrBnG and other wants normal? Find a way around that situation and well whatever...

If people agree on a scheme like NrBnG i don't see why it cant be used in classic. Just like elite used to be elite/pro, and we have t17 that supports unlimited and limited griders.

However in PO i think you shouldn't be able to use NrBnG (unless both agreed)

« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2012, 10:37 AM »
Komo you crack me up sometimes.  I love reading your posts and you bring a little light into what can be a dark and boring world.

« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2012, 11:13 AM »
I don't remember what I said in the clanner Komo saw to inspire him to make this thread, but I agree with him completely.  Before W:A, Worms2 played bng with no rules, with this complex cups map, and multiple worms (likely due to manual placement missing), and it was fun.

When W:A came out around 1999, it had its own bng scheme again without rules in its own ranked bng channel, and it was nothing like how it is today. I don't have the exact scheme anymore, but I remember it being more spicy than the current bng scheme, as it had petrol bombs I think among other things (if anyone can find this old bng scheme, others may like to see it), but again the main point is that it was still fun.

After W:A's ranks and ranked channels got destroyed around 2000, that's when the W:A community leagues started making their own bng schemes.  That's largely where our current bng comes from.  Between 2000-2008, I will try to describe the progression of bng.  With every worms league WACL/cl2k/WL/FB/xtc/TUS, it felt like more and more 'fairness' rules were being added to bng up till today.  Someone also decided that all bng maps had to be flat and horizontal, so that stuck as well.

While bng settings may have stayed mostly the same since 2000, the mentality and culture of bng has just gone deeper and deeper into this ideal of HONORABLE and FAIR play to the extreme, that every turn now is decided by the fear of being called LAME.  There was no one person who ultimately decided what was LAME or FAIR in league play -> it just happened over time and no one challenged it.  It just snowballed into what we have today, and now most everyone is simply used to it and doesn't really see the point in changing anything.

I'm not saying it's wrong to like bng how it is today, everyone is entitled to think that.  I'm just saying that there was a lot simpler time when wormers didn't play with this sense of lameness and honor.  They just enjoyed playing worms as it is, a ridiculously fun and entertaining game.

No rules bng will always have my vote.

Wow, I must say I've never tried playing on cup maps like that, but they instantly look like they'd eliminate a ton of problems. For one, notching wouldn't be quite so easy, you wouldn't have as many 4 sec full power opportunities. You'd have more to take into account than just the horizontal range of the nade, with all those highs and lows. Darksiding wouldn't be an issue at all. You'd actually have to utilize some creative max bounce shots on occasion.

Personally I've already discarded any ideas of cheapness in league BnG, and maybe if we adopted NRBnG other people would do the same. The only rule I'm kind of attached to is no sitters, but I'd be fine with axing it so that we wouldn't have to deal with penalties in-game. I'd be very interested if we could create a cup or something for NRBnG, hopefully played on these maps.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2012, 11:26 AM »
Mablak, i'll get started on creating a cup, but not yet, we will gather a few of us together, try out some schemes, agree on one, and then use that for the cup.

Edit: Some NrBnGs I played with Casso yesterday if anyone is interested in watching.

I was just testing out ways of playing it, I was notching at times and others just whatever, repeats etc.

Offline avirex

« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2012, 11:39 AM »
Mablak, w2Bng was random placement, and water below lol...

But your right, with a w:a twist it could be fun.. especially the bouncy nades..w2 wasnot nearly as creative when it came to the nades

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2012, 11:57 AM »
Just played this NrBnG with Mablak xD

Offline Hussar

« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2012, 01:08 PM »
it look very funny  :o and vn shot at end Komo.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2012, 01:11 PM »
I was saying this in 2000
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2012, 01:12 PM »
What about this a suggestion to regular bng... 8second turn times? This may make notching and marking with fingers harder.. Would certainly promote alot more aimming by your instincts

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2012, 01:13 PM »
I was saying this in 2000

remember our unanchored bng games against zee germans to combat notching?

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2012, 01:34 PM »
Another nice NrBnG here,

Nice shot at 23:25.

« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2012, 02:19 PM »
Another nice NrBnG here,

We can find good normal BnG games as well so what's exactly the point of showing these replays?

I support unanchored BnG.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2012, 02:27 PM »
Omg, vn end shots.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline nino

« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2012, 02:27 PM »
some peoples are taking Jack3d b4 a bng game , i heard thats awesome! ill give a try very soon
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.