Forums
May 14, 2024, 09:05 AM

Author Topic: No Rules BnG - It's the right thing to do.  (Read 13735 times)

Offline TheKomodo

No Rules BnG - It's the right thing to do.
« on: February 09, 2012, 08:48 AM »
No Rules BnG - It's the right thing to do:

I was watching the BnG with BLACK vs CF, and I really enjoyed watching that game and reading the chat, franz was right, BnG rules are dumb, TuS BnG is war, I mean, if you aren't playing someone who is throwing 4s nades, you are playing a notcher who doesn't miss low winds and most grenades, or someone who completely sucks because they are too honest to play lame (throw 4s nades, repeat shots etc) or they don't know how to notch, or don't even know what notching is.

I think it's time we level the playing field for BnG to make it fair for absolutely everyone, if we implement no rules BnG, everybody wins, every style becomes fair, whether you want to notch harder impact shots, or try your luck with rolling grenades and sitters.

The only reason I can think of why I hate notching right now, is because it's so unfair for people who don't know what notching is and it's basically noob bashing at it's worst for free points, there is no sense of achievement or challenge because you know the other person doesn't know how to even play BnG, and they are under a false sense of what's fair in BnG by not throwing lame grenades, well, that's partly my fault.

The only reason I can think of why I hate "lame" rolling grenades and repeats is because of the rules of BnG and the false sense that leads newcomers into believing repeating shots and stuff is lame and so they have no chance of beating someone who is good at notching or good at laming.

If we just agree to no rules BnG, then eventually everyone can choose a style that suits them, notching or laming, or both, and we might finally see civil BnG games and people enjoying it, and even better so, more people will become very good at BnG, it will become popular again, and very competitive, even i'd maybe become an average player.

I am hereby starting a petition to vote for no rules BnG, with only 1 rule, and that is an agreed distance which opponents must hide from each other, I politely ask anyone who wishes support this change, please reply and type the following:

We want No rules BnG !

Offline HHC

Re: No Rules BnG - It's the right thing to do.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 09:15 AM »
I absolutely agree, but without rules the BnG-scheme has to change IMO. You can't play no-rules BnG with anchor I think, the first person to end in a hole is pretty much dead (or has to tele each turn :s).

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 09:16 AM »
I absolutely agree, but without rules the BnG-scheme has to change IMO. You can't play no-rules BnG with anchor I think, the first person to end in a hole is pretty much dead (or has to tele each turn :s).

Exactly :)

Offline HHC

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 09:28 AM »
Time to start working then?  ;)

I played BnG the old style on W:R: no rules, straight zooks, islands and caves (lol), wasn't so bad to be honest. You just had zooks and nades, no other weaps. It was really basic.

I imagine for WA something like island maps + scheme with nade/zooks/teles/maybe petrols & digging shite + 3 or 4 sec turn time would be an option.

Offline Maciej

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 09:40 AM »
maybe you want but not me, I haven't spent that long time to train timing, to grandes explose just on worms' heads, no one would use LG anymore or zook, because you just can throw 5 sec nade and you score everytime, lame and boring. Ppl don't like playing bng because it's IMO one of most skillful scheme like ttrr, they are lazy and prefer easy wxw, here same, but there is not replacing scheme, maybe forts... but just only a bit

and why the hell do you discuss about change schemes so much? Like roper, t17 and each other, they have been played for long time now (since I remember they are without change, over 5 years for sure) and now everyone starts to complain, just give them a peace and play, or stop playing if you don't accept the rules.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 09:42 AM by Maciej »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 09:42 AM »
maybe you want but not me, I haven't spent that long time to train timing, to grandes explose just on worms' heads, no one would use LG anymore or zook, because you just can throw 5 sec nade and you score everytime, lame and boring. Ppl don't like playing bng because it's IMO one of most skillful scheme like ttrr, they are lazy and prefer easy wxw, here same, but there is not replacing scheme, maybe forts... but just only a bit

There would still be a2b for that, and you still have the option of asking players, like me for example, to play "classic" rules, there are alot of players who would still agree to play more naturally, if you are looking for a fair league, this is by far the best option for everyone Maciej.

Offline Maciej

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 09:44 AM »
no, it's best option for noobs, so this should be optional, if both agree, I always get mad if someone starts to play lame

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 09:45 AM »
no, it's best option for noobs, so this should be optional, if both agree, I always get mad if someone starts to play lame

It's not the best option for noobs, it's the best option for everyone, if you are so good at BnG, you should still beat noobs easy, look at me, I still play naturally, and I still beat everyone, even notchers and lamers, stop making excuses, you have here a chance to learn absolutely everything about the grenade and the bazooka, if you really care about BnG, you would agree with me.

If you don't agree, you are just scared you will get beat by more and more people.

Offline Throsti

• I am just Throsti

• Poland Poland
  • Pn Pn clan

• Paweł Abramowicz.
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook.
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 09:47 AM »
Bng with no rules will destroy this scheme.

Offline Husk

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2012, 09:48 AM »
hmmm 100% less bng complaints sure sounds good

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2012, 09:49 AM »

Is that all you have? Could you please elaborate, do you have any reason to say that? Any evidence to back it up? Do you have alot of experience with BnG?

Offline Throsti

• I am just Throsti

• Poland Poland
  • Pn Pn clan

• Paweł Abramowicz.
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook.
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2012, 09:51 AM »

Is that all you have? Could you please elaborate, do you have any reason to say that? Any evidence to back it up? Do you have alot of experience with BnG?

>>> No

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2012, 09:52 AM »

>>> No

So will you admit what you said isn't a valid contribution to this conversation?

Offline Throsti

• I am just Throsti

• Poland Poland
  • Pn Pn clan

• Paweł Abramowicz.
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook.
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2012, 09:54 AM »

>>> No

So will you admit what you said isn't a valid contribution to this conversation?

:-X

Offline avirex

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2012, 11:27 AM »
No rules bng would actually make me more interested in bng...

But even then komo, maybe we could still have the sitter.rule.. Everything is fair game.. But still no sitter? Just an idea..

All though I would like to see a change either way, current bng sux..

And lol@ maciej learning to bng story... Reminds me of something... But I can't quite put my finger on it :D