Forums
May 07, 2024, 01:13 AM

Author Topic: No Rules BnG - It's the right thing to do.  (Read 13709 times)

Offline darKz

Re: No Rules BnG - It's the right thing to do.
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2012, 05:55 PM »
I was saying this in 2000

remember our unanchored bng games against zee germans to combat notching?

I liked unanch BnG. :D

I also support no rules BnG, I'd like it as the primary classic league scheme, over the current BnG. The only rule I'd keep is the minimum distance between two worms, sitters would be fine with me.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2012, 06:04 PM »
The only rule I'd keep is the minimum distance between two worms, sitters would be fine with me.

I 2nd that.

« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2012, 07:10 PM »
The Shyguy army puts its full support behind NRBng
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2012, 08:31 PM »
When W:A came out around 1999, it had its own bng scheme again without rules in its own ranked bng channel, and it was nothing like how it is today. I don't have the exact scheme anymore, but I remember it being more spicy than the current bng scheme, as it had petrol bombs I think among other things (if anyone can find this old bng scheme, others may like to see it), but again the main point is that it was still fun.

After W:A's ranks and ranked channels got destroyed around 2000, that's when the W:A community leagues started making their own bng schemes.  That's largely where our current bng comes from.  Between 2000-2008, I will try to describe the progression of bng.  With every worms league WACL/cl2k/WL/FB/xtc/TUS, it felt like more and more 'fairness' rules were being added to bng up till today.  Someone also decided that all bng maps had to be flat and horizontal, so that stuck as well.

This is incorrect history.

Before the ranks were destoried you had your own bng schemes being popular and played in games outside of the bng channel. The bng channel existed and MaxDamage won it to get his red flaming bar but it was a fairly inactive channel, just as much as ropeleague channel was played on cavern style maps like the one where you have to rope around and collect the cr8s in single player missions.
There were ropers in #rh who weren't playing games in the special roper league because they disliked the scheme, their rope scheme was on the traditional maps we use today but included dyno and sheep in the scheme (probably influenced by w2 players making the cross over)

The same goes for bng. There was the bng league channel but there was also the traditional bng scheme being played. It was just as popular as forts. I know because was the first scheme i learnt to play and i was bng'ing when the ranks were still up. In the clan league HoS, TEA, EiF, DFA (massive bng clan with sk8n) and BnGks (Psydome, Reddo, RexNocte) were all picking bng for clanners while bng channel was about.

In that version of bng you only had two rules, no sitters and no straight zooks. There was nothing about reaiming, nothing about close teleports, darksiding wasn't illegal, people would drill into the map and torch into land with no possible shots. You also had petrols, clusters and mortors. If you find an old bngers even from the 2002 era you'll notice they don't reset their aim because they didnt have to in their bng period.. Reddo was on the other day and he wasn't resetting his aim and didn't enjoy seeing low gravity in the bng scheme as it wasn't in the old one.

BnG evloved in a good way in my opinion and like i said in my other post, if you want to enjoy it again then relax on what is considered lame/cheap or illegal, allow closer teleports, allow for griders and abit more darksiding hides that promote banks and a selection of zook shots.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 08:38 PM by Chicken23 »

Offline Almog

« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2012, 09:00 PM »
I like the current BnG, but I don't mind giving no-rules a chance, however, if there wont be rules then I'd prefer it to be unanch

so I'd vote for 1 trl season to see how it goes

Offline cOke

« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2012, 09:13 PM »
I don't remember what I said in the clanner Komo saw to inspire him to make this thread, but I agree with him completely.  Before W:A, Worms2 played bng with no rules, with this complex cups map, and multiple worms (likely due to manual placement missing), and it was fun.

When W:A came out around 1999, it had its own bng scheme again without rules in its own ranked bng channel, and it was nothing like how it is today. I don't have the exact scheme anymore, but I remember it being more spicy than the current bng scheme, as it had petrol bombs I think among other things (if anyone can find this old bng scheme, others may like to see it), but again the main point is that it was still fun.

After W:A's ranks and ranked channels got destroyed around 2000, that's when the W:A community leagues started making their own bng schemes.  That's largely where our current bng comes from.  Between 2000-2008, I will try to describe the progression of bng.  With every worms league WACL/cl2k/WL/FB/xtc/TUS, it felt like more and more 'fairness' rules were being added to bng up till today.  Someone also decided that all bng maps had to be flat and horizontal, so that stuck as well.

While bng settings may have stayed mostly the same since 2000, the mentality and culture of bng has just gone deeper and deeper into this ideal of HONORABLE and FAIR play to the extreme, that every turn now is decided by the fear of being called LAME.  There was no one person who ultimately decided what was LAME or FAIR in league play -> it just happened over time and no one challenged it.  It just snowballed into what we have today, and now most everyone is simply used to it and doesn't really see the point in changing anything.

I'm not saying it's wrong to like bng how it is today, everyone is entitled to think that.  I'm just saying that there was a lot simpler time when wormers didn't play with this sense of lameness and honor.  They just enjoyed playing worms as it is, a ridiculously fun and entertaining game.

No rules bng will always have my vote.

Wow, I must say I've never tried playing on cup maps like that, but they instantly look like they'd eliminate a ton of problems. For one, notching wouldn't be quite so easy, you wouldn't have as many 4 sec full power opportunities. You'd have more to take into account than just the horizontal range of the nade, with all those highs and lows. Darksiding wouldn't be an issue at all. You'd actually have to utilize some creative max bounce shots on occasion.

Personally I've already discarded any ideas of cheapness in league BnG, and maybe if we adopted NRBnG other people would do the same. The only rule I'm kind of attached to is no sitters, but I'd be fine with axing it so that we wouldn't have to deal with penalties in-game. I'd be very interested if we could create a cup or something for NRBnG, hopefully played on these maps.

that cups map was large, 4 worms was cause of the water underneath, plenty of drowning going on

i don't ever remember there being any rules except no straight zooks, i know people agreed on whatever rules and it worked fine

i still try get people to play cups these days but they're not havin it lol

takin the screenshot of cups to the next page for nostalgias sake ^ look at the beauty of it!!!!!
HNN4EVA

Offline Maciej

« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2012, 09:58 PM »
I don't remember what I said in the clanner Komo saw to inspire him to make this thread, but I agree with him completely.  Before W:A, Worms2 played bng with no rules, with this complex cups map, and multiple worms (likely due to manual placement missing), and it was fun.

just add jp and we have hysteria scheme, full fun, no skill
firstly delete lucky schemes, and then you can think about one of the must skillful
(I know worms is game for fun (and I really like playing bng as it is today) but don't forget it's league too, and this should show best players, if you are looking for crazy fun play comet dodgings (or however it's written) in TRL)
and who has made this topic? Player who left worms and wanted his rank to be cleared because he's not going to play league anymore, pathetic!

I know I'm a little slow, but what the f@#! are you talking about?

Add jetpack to bng? Comet dodging?

As of a year ago I didn't know who the f@#! you were. As of over 10 years ago people played bng with no rules and it was very skillful, more skill then you possess.

Wait, what are you trying to say again?

if you are asking about it I can notice you are just too stupid to understand me (yeee and this slow thinking) because I have written everything clearly

year ago, and even 2 years ago I was already well-known player of worms as I was wQw member and played actively, and before I used to play wwp for few years.

Offline K1NG

« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2012, 12:14 AM »
k1ng, you notch zooks, you know how to notch grenades, you may or may not actually do it

Well i am 100% Sure that the only thing you have read in those games is that i notch ONLY one wind... which is this one     [  |>> ]     [  <<|  ]
and the irony here is that YOU taught me that.

I don't notch grenades... all my nades  are always with my aiming and is always a new aim (not putting my thumb LMFAO)

However i still looking for the meaning of NOTCH... i don't even know exactly what it is, just an idea.

is much lamer than putting my thumb over the screen, to save time

There's nothing lamer than that, lol and "to save time"? you got 15 seconds and thinking time also...

I missed because my angle was correct, the aim was perfect, but I failed on the power, I can easily just re-aim without using my thumb, but it would maybe take 5-10 seconds more just to check it was the same

- Why can't you do it by yourself? if you are a clever person you should be able to get your same aim, thats why you Rarely Fail, get the same aim is one of the most nice things of BnG, to see how good are you getting the aim you had before...
- It will take you 5-10 seconds? cool isn't it a challenge? you should love challenges... how people who don't use their thumb can get same aim (and a shot doesn't depend only of that, if you get the same aim but less or more power, you can still hit the target)

I still play fairer at BnG than you ever will, I am clever for using my common sense to do this, and you are dumb for thinking it's lame.

Lame :P

You wish you had as much variety and skill as me

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2012, 12:54 AM »
k1ng, you don't even understand what I am saying.

k1ng, get back on subject, talk about NrBnG, that's what this thread is for, not how superior at BnG I am to you.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2012, 01:35 AM »
Lmao posts above xDD

Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2012, 03:05 AM »
Bad reply Komo :<

Offline ArsGoetia

« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2012, 03:09 AM »
k1ng, you don't even understand what I am saying.

k1ng, get back on subject, talk about NrBnG, that's what this thread is for, not how superior at BnG I am to you.

gg komo
[GrW`AnGsT-tgH] hey, have you noticed that Komo always makes the maps a little smaller on one side?
[``GrW-ROp3Rz`] yes, I think that is cross-eyed

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2012, 03:30 AM »
Bad reply Komo :<

How lol, he posted pics saying i'm his idol, I was just playing along.

Offline wormf00d

« Reply #88 on: February 11, 2012, 03:58 AM »
You can all suck my lovely cock! Zero respect to all of you who think you f@#!in invented worms or something, f@#! you too.  I only read 1 page out of the ongoing 6 pages and you can all suck it. Bng needs rules or it's not bng, did msdos sorched earth have any problems? No! I can't care less what you wanna call your weirdo schemes just don't call it bng!

/drunk out!

Offline K1NG

« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2012, 08:02 AM »
You can all suck my lovely cock! Zero respect to all of you who think you f@#!in invented worms or something, f@#! you too.  I only read 1 page out of the ongoing 6 pages and you can all suck it. Bng needs rules or it's not bng, did msdos sorched earth have any problems? No! I can't care less what you wanna call your weirdo schemes just don't call it bng!

/drunk out!

« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 06:06 PM by K1NG »