Forums
April 26, 2024, 03:55 PM

Author Topic: Official League Schemes - One by One objective discussion  (Read 592 times)

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
I don't know yet the new format TUS will be using for leagues, but the schemes being used are old now that the game has the 3.8 features. Maybe the game gets updated to 3.9 with even newer scheme options and all this discussion might be in vain, but I think it is valid to discuss this before TUS 2.0 or a new WA update.

Many people already tried to discuss official scheme settings/rules on several different posts, but none of them discussed case by case, one by one as a series with a result in the end. My idea is to create one topic for each scheme, each one will be discussed until a final .wsc file with the rules stablished to be uploaded to TUS. We can also give some time to people test the scheme before it becomes 100% official. In the end we will have all the official scheme files for the leagues determined after a consensus of the community.

I don't have much experience with leagues or competitive events, but I understand well enough about scheme settings, scheme making and different schemes of this game, so I can help creating and discussing them.

The idea came on Komito's discord server, with a post by DreamTrance that someone could create a server just to discuss each scheme on a channel/category. Then, KRD and Komito suggested that I could organize these discussions, even though KRD wasn't sure about a separate server for this. I started to create a server called "WA Scheme Discussions" that I would discuss anything about each scheme there, official league schemes, scheme articles on WKB, new schemes, etc. But then, Syc said there was too many specific servers for this small community, and another server would be overkill. So, I thought that we could discuss here on TUS, because everybody could participate this way.

Which scheme shall we start discussing (the first scheme to be analyzed on its own topic)? It would be nice to listen what league players have to say, old school players, new players, scheme makers and even map makers.

Links for similar discussions regarding schemes:

https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/leagues-general/scheme-variations-official-rules-is-it-a-mess-could-we-do-better-33451/

https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/leagues-general/separate-bow-and-arrows-from-mine-madness-33489/

https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/leagues-general/why-is-tus-using-the-nnn-scheme-for-intermediate-34034/

https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/leagues-general/allowed-modifications-to-league-schemes-33266/

https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/worms-armageddon/standard-scheme-variants-%28part-1-competitive-ground-schemes%29-25170/
« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 01:41 AM by FoxHound »
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Official League Schemes - One by One objective discussion
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2022, 03:58 PM »
I know this may seem odd at first.

It's not MY Discord, it's OUR Discord. All I did was take the initiative to set one up because we were constantly making group chats for streams(maybe that's even what you meant haha), we have multiple server admins though, you are all brilliant!

Anyway, moving on. Yes!

We need to update information on at the very least, TFL schemes. MonkeyIsland is currently developing TUS 3.0 and believe he is already aware of the issues we have and plans to fix them.

I believe he does not fix them right now in this TUS because there is no point considering a new one will exist soon.

It might even be a case of, we need to wait for MonkeyIsland to finish, or signal us he is ready, before we can advance.

You are right though, and it's an issue many of us are aware of!

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
Re: Official League Schemes - One by One objective discussion
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2022, 09:55 PM »
It's not MY Discord, it's OUR Discord.
Sorry, our discord Competitive Worms Armageddon.

MonkeyIsland is currently developing TUS 3.0
I didn't know that, I don't know if I remember visiting the 1.0 version, and I'm member of this website since January 03, 2011.

It might even be a case of, we need to wait for MonkeyIsland to finish, or signal us he is ready, before we can advance.
Yes, I might have posted in the wrong time, let's wait Monkey Island decide what will happen. My idea about analizing each scheme on a separate post still remains, though.

I believe it'd be the best way to organize and deal with this mission. The idea of creating a .wsc file at the end of each post would make pressure to people opine about the scheme being discussed, so we could create it, test it and edit it if necessary until a consensus scheme be created at the very end and become the official one for its league.

This would take a good amount of time until all the schemes in each topic become ready for the league. That's why I planned to start the discussions now, because until there we would have everything almost ready to be implemented.
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'