Forums
May 15, 2024, 05:43 PM

Author Topic: Protest vs. Seasson 32  (Read 7929 times)

Offline Husk

Re: Protest vs. Seasson 32
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2013, 07:09 PM »
haha you guys are funny, you know u can still play by old schemes if both sides agreexD but yeah rather playing attention whore and crying xD

/topic =)

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2013, 07:10 PM »
As I said it's only 60 days of experiment. If you disagree with these rules just stop f@#!ing play for this 2 months. What's the problem.

ok, we will play 2 months tel, trl and free league clanners....

Offline Husk

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2013, 07:12 PM »
As I said it's only 60 days of experiment. If you disagree with these rules just stop f@#!ing play for this 2 months. What's the problem.

ok, we will play 2 months tel, trl and free league clanners....

and the problem is? =)

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2013, 07:13 PM »
Well the whole thing is looking good to me. I'm bombarded with opinions all the time. Chat, PM, forum posts etc etc. If I resist to change schemes, I get accused for having no balls. If I do act for changes, people protest against. It's like whatever the decision is, I'll be accused for something. Ain't that neat? :)

All the changes on TUS, always had the agreement option. Team17 has been with 7 girders for years now, but still if 2 players agree on the unlimited version, they can play it that way. 7-girder is the default one in case of disagreements. Even you can avoid a scheme like Hysteria via agreement. (only not in PO)
If you don't like these changes and you think there are many supporting you, then play the old way. Play 3 worms TTRR. Nobody's gonna stop you. Your only problem would be playing with people who want to try the new thing.

It also must be mentioned that you are reading too much into these changes. There's no blocking in Elite, it doesn't matter whether rope knocking is allowed or not. You can pass a blocking worm in #PT, your worm would just slide through the other worm, still no block.
I've played 5-worm TTRR a lot, it is the same as 3 and a lot of fails. Simply 5 worms makes you overconfident that you have enough turns to try and most of the time the result is the same.

I am trying to make most of people satisfied. The experimental season will just be something for all to actually see their changes in action, otherwise we'll have theoretical flaws for eternity and people constantly nagging.

Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline sm0k

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2013, 07:13 PM »
anyway.. i said everything i were up, i dont see a point here to discuesse here anymore, i ll just anser of a mods replay.

Offline Maciej

« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2013, 07:14 PM »
kyho, read topic from start to join it, as I said, I stop playing league for 32nd season as a protest

And I don't care if it's experimental, because if no one complains it would stay and I don't like it.

I didn't try and I'm not going to try - wxw is no longer wxw, I don't like hysteria anyway, I know how to play ttrr with even 8 worms, I know how to knock but I find it idiotic, and I used to play roper in clanners, so f@#! off from me because you make me mad, with your 'briliant' ideas kyho.

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2013, 07:15 PM »
I havent a right oppinion about the experiment. I just think running something without tests or at least some poll is a risky. But i liked the changes in a context.

Offline sm0k

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2013, 07:17 PM »
Well the whole thing is looking good to me. I'm bombarded with opinions all the time. Chat, PM, forum posts etc etc. If I resist to change schemes, I get accused for having no balls. If I do act for changes, people protest against. It's like whatever the decision is, I'll be accused for something. Ain't that neat? :)

All the changes on TUS, always had the agreement option. Team17 has been with 7 girders for years now, but still if 2 players agree on the unlimited version, they can play it that way. 7-girder is the default one in case of disagreements. Even you can avoid a scheme like Hysteria via agreement. (only not in PO)
If you don't like these changes and you think there are many supporting you, then play the old way. Play 3 worms TTRR. Nobody's gonna stop you. Your only problem would be playing with people who want to try the new thing.

It also must be mentioned that you are reading too much into these changes. There's no blocking in Elite, it doesn't matter whether rope knocking is allowed or not. You can pass a blocking worm in #PT, your worm would just slide through the other worm, still no block.
I've played 5-worm TTRR a lot, it is the same as 3 and a lot of fails. Simply 5 worms makes you overconfident that you have enough turns to try and most of the time the result is the same.

I am trying to make most of people satisfied. The experimental season will just be something for all to actually see their changes in action, otherwise we'll have theoretical flaws for eternity and people constantly nagging.

mi i belive evry word you say, and ye u make here a really good job. im not blaming you or any mod.
but with this new rules.. u ask for tus .. and one of u wanna old and the other new rulesm, so u have to play the new rules .. and thats suck..  ok u can talk with ur opponent before u start the 1st pick about this.. but same for playoffs.. if one wanna new rules so u have to play it this way. it just suck..  few tus games dont gonna even start coz ppl gonna want diffrent rules. and no one here wer blaming 7 griders in t17 ^^

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2013, 07:18 PM »
You can pass a blocking worm in #PT, your worm would just slide through the other worm, still no block.
You are wrong. Thats how works /rs. On #PT your worm still will be blocked, but you wont be able to knock opponent worm

Offline Maciej

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2013, 07:22 PM »
MI, do you know what republic is? There are set rules who no one can change for years. Everyone is stabilized. Here (on tus) we go to democracy, the stupidest system ever, where every idiot has a vote.
I prefer republic (even much monarchy btw)

And as I said, if we let it go, and no one complains it would stay for longer, maybe for ever... I'm looking for new (old) league for next season.

PEOPLE JOIN US, STOP PLAYING FROM NEXT SEASON, DON'T LET CLASSIC LEAGUE DIE
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 07:25 PM by Maciej »

« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2013, 07:24 PM »
Anyway, I would be happy coming back to some older league, no one complained about classic league, bucause it was holy.

So if I understand you correctly you would like bungeerace, fly shopper, battlerace, wascar, fort in tus classic league ?
Yes we could pick it in WL days. so please:
Don't be silly

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2013, 07:25 PM »
hahaha

PANIC PANICC PAAANICC

« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2013, 07:25 PM »
I'm glad you managed to post your thoughts without going Chelsea/Maciej on us, sm0k :)
I can see one problem with people boycotting the experimental season, though: in the end, we're going to see whether the changes are good or not. If people opposing the change don't play, then their opinion on these changes is going to mean diddly squat (so about the same as we currently value opinions of people who go apeshit over this).

We're going to want a good evaluation of what happens with these changes. More players = more accuracy.

as I said oldschoolers are mostly inactive/stopped playing/come and go, you don't have to be genius to deduce it

Then votes against hysteria were either made by people who don't play or who are also weak.

The only way you can actually know is by sending a mass PM to all of TUS to ask for their votes and then check their ratings. Until you do that, you are making assumption after assumption after assumption, which means you're using your opinion as a mold for what is true, which means you're an arrogant git.

edit: you guys post too quickly. If you can get in 5 new posts before I get one in myself, it means you're either not thinking for a long time before you post or not reading what the other guy has to say.

Offline sm0k

« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2013, 07:26 PM »
MI, do you know what republic is? There are set rules who no one can change for years. Everyone is stabilized. Here (on tus) we go to democracy, the stupidest system ever, where every idiot has a vote.
I prefer republic.

And as I said, if we let it go, and no one complains it would stay for longer, maybe for ever... I'm looking for new (old) league for next season.

PEOPLE JOIN US, STOP PLAYING FROM NEXT SEASON, DON'T LET CLASSIC LEAGUE DIE

find some1 that is that good as mi in php/html xd tell him to make new league and i ll join it ;p we re a bit f@#!ed.. if we get ignored here this rules gonna stand.. and gonna be hard to make new league, dont u think?

Offline Maciej

« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2013, 07:29 PM »
Anyway, I would be happy coming back to some older league, no one complained about classic league, bucause it was holy.

So if I understand you correctly you would like bungeerace, fly shopper, battlerace, wascar, fort in tus classic league ?
Yes we could pick it in WL days.

I said older, not the oldest (which I don't even know), so please:
Don't be silly

Yes smok, I think if it's going like that, there will be found somebody to create competitive league.