Forums
May 02, 2024, 08:37 PM

Author Topic: Roper league.  (Read 4271 times)

Offline Devilage

Re: Roper league.
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2009, 10:15 PM »
just roper but i guess it doesn't work.

Smoking proud.

Offline pr

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2009, 11:16 PM »
We can try to open rotated league. Main season = 2 months. So rotated league = 1 month. 2 rotated schemes will be in one season.

Offline Devilage

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2009, 02:24 AM »
I dont ge it :p

Smoking proud.

Offline THeDoGG

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2009, 10:04 AM »
He means
1 season = 2 months,

so rotated league = 1 scheme / season.

Btw i dont think rotated league is a good idea, it's a copy of CL2K / wA..
You guyz must find a better idea, more original :]
Try to think what kind of single league could make people want to play more than they used to  ;)

I say a roper league including all the rope schemes !!! For people like me who find boring all non-rope schemes.  :'( :P

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2009, 02:42 PM »
i think he mean 2 schemes a season :P

@ dogg, default players could say the same thing about not liking rope games and im sure they will lol

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2009, 10:37 AM »
yeah, if there was an active elite league id choice that over normal singles! But its catch 22. If you make a league to try to get people to play more, it will result in less games being taken from another league.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2009, 10:39 AM »
maybe a reward for whoever gets the highest rating that season in each scheme would encourage people to play abit. You just pick ur favourite scheme and don't care as much when playing the other schemes if u could win a no1. elite trophy or no1. rr trophy at end of seaosn.

Offline Ray

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2009, 10:59 AM »
See, this is actually a very good idea!

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2009, 11:26 AM »
Hmm, I was gonna include this in the new version of the leagues.
Giving medals to the 1st, 2nd, 3rd in each scheme and in each season.

Back to subject, I don't know why out of a sudden you think of a new league. Why don't you try the current running league? It is the result of lotta experiences and many tests.
Other than that, I think Cups and Tournaments works best for 1-scheme contests. I'll be releasing Cups soon, I've coded it based on my experiences on the previous cups running on the community and I expect it turn out well. All being said, Still if you find people who really like to play an individual league for rope schemes, I'll code it :)

@reward thing,
Some people have started asking me again to put some prize. I was thinking of putting some money for the season #9 of classic league, But I don't know what will happen to season #10 if no prize is set for that.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Rok

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2009, 11:33 AM »
Some people have started asking me again to put some prize. I was thinking of putting some money for the season #9 of classic league, But I don't know what will happen to season #10 if no prize is set for that.

If prize money was to get higher activity or some similar reason, then ok, it's your choice, but I wouldn't do that just because some people want to get payed for playing worms. You already invested all lot of your time (I assume) and skills into TUS.  ;)
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline Ray

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2009, 11:36 AM »
Money prize for the current league is a very bad idea in my opinion, those who have better ranks in the leagues would never be able to win. Gonzo won 32 matches out of his 32 (...) and he is still not the first. A cup with money prize would be perfect, a luck-less scheme and BO3 or BO5 (Elite for instance).
But everyone would have to sign up with paying money, 1 EURO for example, and the winner gets all the money.

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2009, 11:45 AM »
Gonzo won 32 matches out of his 32 (...) and he is still not the first.

I can't believe we are still having this lol, If ever a prize is gonna be set it is:
1. for PO winner:  So no matter what place Gonzo stands.
2. for the future seasons, not the current season.

If I ever set the prize, It will be for more activity, havign bigger community. That's all. Many damages are done to this community and it has lost many of its members, So all ideas are a way just to bring back lost member/keep the existing members more.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Ray

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2009, 12:17 PM »
Your first point is fair enough.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2009, 05:27 PM »
how does the current hall of fame work? Do you get a medal that sticks on ur profile page? (similar to fb?) Such medals for 1st and 2nd after playoffs to stick on profiles would own cus u could click on the name on standings and see what that player has previously won.. Instead of using the view old season drop down menu..

On another note, there as still some sum stats that confused me when i view a profile and i still think it is easy to get lost when viewing the different pages on profiles and stats!

Maybe its time to remove countries in the next verison??

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2009, 05:34 PM »
i think it would be cool to have it show in your profile when some1s looking at it

and maybe we could change country standings a bit, like take the games from singles and add the stats of each country

just a thought