Forums
April 28, 2024, 12:02 AM

Poll

should hysteria be moved to the free league?

yes
no
idk

Author Topic: should hysteria be moved to the free league?  (Read 17206 times)

Online Triad

Re: should hysteria be moved to the free league?
« Reply #195 on: February 02, 2017, 11:38 AM »
I know we said TFL has too many schemes that ppl dislike, but why limiting it on 8 like classic? Imo, triad, there should be at least 12-13 schemes in it.
Reason I wanted 8 schemes is to make Free as competitive and compact as possible. In a Bo7 4:3 PO game, 7 out of 8 would be played. If you have a lot scheme, you'll stick with your favorite ones and ignore other schemes just like currently on TFL. That's why having 8 schemes might motivate players to master all Free schemes.

You removed JPR and Inter for some reason!? :/
Golf is a good fun for example, only con is small amount of maps atm.
Why not add few more competitive and fast paced schemes like drown syndrome and kaos shopper?
Yeah, I didn't add Intermediate because I thought it gets attention it deserves already via ONL and CWT. Beside, Abnormal is pretty similiar and more interesting for newbies. But I wouldn't mind if everyone wanted it in, it's a good scheme.

I didn't add golf other racing schemes because they're not popular and/or they have small amount of maps which makes map whoring a lot easier. I know these schemes are luck free and fun, I love em too, but they can do just fine on Cups.

You can't have Kaos because it requires rubberworm, and League should be as simple as possible for newcomers, it shouldn't require to install an add-on to play should it?

If Kaos didn't require rubber, and you removed Mole Shopper, sounds like an amazing lineup.
Fair point for Kaos, I would be fine whether you keep it or not.

I can't talk objectively about Mole, I don't like it. I added because it had fair amount of games played overall, but big portion of it might be Zalo and his friends. Again, personally I would be fine whether you keep it or not.

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #196 on: February 02, 2017, 11:27 PM »
Big RR is far more popular and it's completely luck free.
The problem I have with turn-based RR is that even if both players fail and lose their turn at the exactly same spot on the map, they are likely to lose different amount of turn time depending on how much turn time they had left, ranging from one second to almost full turn. That is, very different weight of punishment for exactly same mistake, with the lesser one going to whoever was lucky to have the least turn time left.

Another problem are long vertical climbs, like those that require a half of a turn to get up. If you enter this area with 10 seconds left, you can't climb high enough and will fall back, resulting in those 10 seconds being taken away for an unwelcome reason. Such a situation does look like bad luck.
(Hmmm maybe if it was possible to save turn time left to use it on the next turn...)

You can't have Kaos because it requires rubberworm, and League should be as simple as possible for newcomers, it shouldn't require to install an add-on to play should it?
Installing RubberWorm is as simple as downloading the installer, launching it, Next, Next, Next, Install, done. It's 2017 there's hardly any reason to not have it installed; intentionally demoting one of the best and accessible modules makes no sense and limits the possibilities of a league.
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline Sensei

« Reply #197 on: February 03, 2017, 12:13 AM »
Well, wtf8, skipping a turn to save those seconds in the next turn would be appropriate ONLY in that, not so meaningful, situation when there's a 10-15 sec climb in Big RR. Not that is meaningful, but there are very few maps with those parts. (Tower Race basically noone ever play in league)

Imagine this placed in all other schemes when darksider skips 10 turns just to get enough time to get out-attack-crawl back in the hole-repeat.

Let's just hope realtime races will be part of W:A someday. Until then, be grateful ;)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #198 on: February 03, 2017, 11:00 AM »
Installing RubberWorm is as simple as downloading the installer, launching it, Next, Next, Next, Install, done. It's 2017 there's hardly any reason to not have it installed; intentionally demoting one of the best and accessible modules makes no sense and limits the possibilities of a league.

That's easy for you and me to say, but unfortunately my point still stands regardless how you feel about it.

I know how easy it is to install, but I choose not to use it on THIS laptop.

Until rubberworm comes standard with WA, you can't expect people to install it as an add-on / mod.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #199 on: February 03, 2017, 11:27 AM »
Komo, if new players already are registered on TUS and starting to play league, I think they're come around and ask 1 of 100 active forum members what they need to play Kaos scheme. Which makes installing rubberworm not a problem at all.

And pls, we're waiting on story why you don't want to install rubber on THAT laptop...

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #200 on: February 03, 2017, 03:43 PM »
Sensei, most people will install it, I have it installed on my other computers, just not THIS one, some people just don't want extras installed, as simple as that, just accept it and stop complaining.

You shouldn't have to install an extra program to play a League where the rest don't require it...

Offline avirex

« Reply #201 on: February 03, 2017, 07:31 PM »
I am kind of curious why you don't have it installed on THAT (lol) laptop too komo

There is nothing negative associated with rubber... there is no reason not to have it... you mentioned in other parts, you use a different computer to install rubber, in the case you ever want to test a rubber scheme, or watch a replay... it's very strange...

I'm yet to see anyone else in the same situation you are.

Also, I would imagine that newbs are more likely to discover most schemes, and most add ons before they discover TUS.

Look at project X for example, that was more popular with newer players, then it ever was with TUS players.... (ooo shot here comes another debate)

Anyway, I'm very curious why you don't have rubber installed on THAT LAPTOP ... I'm guessing you actually do, you just won't admit it.. and I don't expect you to.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #202 on: February 03, 2017, 07:40 PM »
There is nothing negative associated with rubber... there is no reason not to have it...

True :)

Offline Peja

« Reply #203 on: February 03, 2017, 08:01 PM »
You shouldn't have to install an extra program to play a League where the rest don't require it...
agreed

Offline Sensei

Re: Worms Armageddon - Has it died?
« Reply #204 on: February 03, 2017, 08:10 PM »
When 4.0 gets available, I'm creating a poll whether it should be implemented in W:A.
Don't want some shitty third party update that's bringing smth new to my beloved game directory!

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #205 on: February 03, 2017, 09:04 PM »
I thought rubber was gonna be in 4.0 already? Or at least the features it uses will be available in 4.0?

Offline Prince_Egypt

« Reply #206 on: February 04, 2017, 04:49 AM »
 :-X :-\ :-\  Of course NO !

Offline Korydex

« Reply #207 on: February 04, 2017, 08:20 PM »

roper, shoppa, elite, t17, bng  (imo those are the classic schemes, and others should not be in classic.. but thats just my opinion)
Elite / Roper / T17 / RR / Shoppa / BnG are classic schemes!
- Classic league: Elite, Roper, Shopper, Hysteria, BnG
- Rope league: WxW, TTRR, Big RR (luck free schemes for ropers). This league might attract players like Ryan and Masta.
- Team17 in Free league, Big RR out
- a CWT style cup once in a while (Bo5 matches with Elite, Roper, TTRR, BnG and Shopper). Perhaps a separate website dedicated to this cup. This might make Classic league less valued, though, but the same problem is with ONL/CWT and TEL/EAC.
D1 League:
* Elite
* TTRR
* WxW
* Roper
* Hysteria (less noob friendly like limited petrol)
* a2b BnG

D2 League:
* Light Elite (more noob friendly like it has 5 sec hotseat etc.)
* Big RR
* Shopper
* Roper
* Hysteria
* BnG
Standard league:
1) Hysteria
2) Shopper
3) 25/30 sec Elite/Pro/Intermediate
4) Team17/land shopper/Aerial/something BnGish
5) Roper (maybe 20 sec? or somehow dumbed down?)
6) Misc (other schemes when both players agree)
First 5 schemes are PO picks.

Pro league/classic schemes:
limited to 30 players.
1) TTRR
2) Roper
3) BnG
4) Elite
5) Team17 (to balance out rope vs default) with adjustments to minimize crateluck.
6) WxW
First 5 schemes are PO picks.

Freeleague pwned.

so these are the posts i found constructive. i guess it's time to lock this thread?

Offline Senator

« Reply #208 on: February 19, 2017, 11:40 AM »
The scheme list would need some balancing anyway. You can say we have 4 ropes and 4 defaults but a better classification would be rope, default and bng:

rope: WxW, TTRR, Roper, (Shopper)
default: Elite, Team17
bng: BnG, (Hysteria)

3 pure rope schemes, 2 pure default schemes and 1 pure bng scheme. A half rope, half default scheme (Shopper) and a half bng, half default scheme (Hysteria) on top of that.

An easy fix would be to put Roper and WxW in one scheme class, perhaps this way:

Roper / WxW*

*Roper is the default. If both players agree, you can play WxW instead.

Roper and WxW would have shared season class but separate overall ratings (when you play WxW, you gain/lose season points based on the opponent's WxW overall rating etc).

I don't think merging Roper and WxW is enough if you want to even out the playing field, though. TTRR is still too much for bad ropers.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 02:05 PM by Senator »

Offline Korydex

« Reply #209 on: February 19, 2017, 05:24 PM »
elite t17 bng roper as the real classic schemes + rr + br to even it out.

Spoiler! View

« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 09:38 AM by Korydex »