Forums
May 02, 2024, 11:03 AM

Poll

should hysteria be moved to the free league?

yes
no
idk

Author Topic: should hysteria be moved to the free league?  (Read 17272 times)

Offline Peja

Re: should hysteria be moved to the free league?
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2017, 08:58 PM »
Senator, Free, if you had your way this League would die.

You are being unbelievably selfish.

I don't even care you don't like Hysteria it just annoys me you don't understand the definition of "competitive" in the English dictionary.

I dont need a dictionary to tell me what I know.

Hyst has potential but aerial atm is closer to a skilled scheme, both skill and tactics wise.

maybe you should look up your dictionary more often, since losing because of random shit placements  or random generated double damage/ superweapon spawn combos does sound a lot like maxscheme.
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2017, 09:02 PM »
Afaik, Shopper and Intermediate are the most popular schemes on WormNet. I rarely see Hysteria games being hosted (correct me if I'm wrong).

Shopper, Mole, Supersheeper, Fly/WxW, Others

EDIT1: Guys, should I send MI to this thread?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 09:10 PM by TheMadCharles »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2017, 10:00 PM »
Whatever Dave, can't discuss with someone who thinks hysteria, t17 or shopper are as challenging/competitive as elite or ttrr.

That's interesting, I never once said any scheme is AS challenging as the other, I said they were all as competitive, pay attention please?

New players don't bother to rope anymore because playing hysteria is much easier.

Yes, they do play Rope, there are A LOT of players who play WxW and Big RR presently, they just don't enjoy playing Leagues for whatever reason.

Wanking is easier than getting a pussy too.

True, but at least you save money :D

You're missing the point, Classic League is meant to be a competitive League with the same spirit as XTC or FB leagues. And in strict terms of competition RR, wxw, elite and bng win by a landslide, that's a fact.

As i've already explained, LOOK UP WHAT COMPETITIVE MEANS! Hysteria meets the definition of competitive, period, this isn't debatable, it's a fact.

Why would we want the same spirit as 2 leagues that failed miserably? TUS is better than any predecessor, and schemes like Hysteria is more than likely one reason why.

And don't even talk to me about having fun in game, you don't see me quitting every bng I'm losing and promising I wouldn't play against someone because I don't like him ''notching'' or not lighting up because ''you didn't give me my favourite colour''.

I could stoop to that level and start attacking you personally, but I don't need to because i'm not that insecure, stay on topic please or shut up.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2017, 10:07 PM »
Voted "yes".
Just to see if Komo would really be gone if that happens.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2017, 10:58 PM »
From TUS yes, nice to see you wasting a vote though, very mature.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2017, 11:12 PM »
You would consider removing one of the most popular schemes on WormNet (Shopper)? A moment ago you were bringing in Mole Shoppa cos it's popular on WormNet ;)
I thought that point was quite obviously demonstrative but apparently you missed out.  I don't actually want mole shopper, can't believe I had to write that, didn't think I would need to spell it out for you. 

If Hysteria was moved to Free league, I bet Shopper/T17 would become more popular in Classic league.
I happen to like hysteria because of my short attention span.  If I couldn't play it, I'd rather not play at all than just start picking something I dislike like shopper/t17.

Your causation makes no sense senator, t17 and shopper are getting less play simply because people do not like these schemes as much at the other options.  Just because hysteria isn't available, it wouldn't make these unpopular options popular by osmosis.

Offline spleen17

« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2017, 11:24 PM »

It's not an official poll, don't lose sleep over it.

Hyst is going nowhere!

Offline Gabriel

• Slacker is a queefer

• Chile Chile
  • UC UC clan

• Might come back later idk
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2017, 11:29 PM »

Hyst is going nowhere!

Well it was asked by Senator

And Senator is... well...
Mole shopper is the worst thing in the world.

Offline Senator

« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2017, 12:05 AM »
I thought that point was quite obviously demonstrative but apparently you missed out.  I don't actually want mole shopper, can't believe I had to write that, didn't think I would need to spell it out for you.

My point was that you first used popularity as an argument for Hysteria (to attract new players) but then one of the most popular schemes on WormNet would be first on your removal list.

Your causation makes no sense senator, t17 and shopper are getting less play simply because people do not like these schemes as much at the other options.  Just because hysteria isn't available, it wouldn't make these unpopular options popular by osmosis.

Surely you wouldn't pick Shopper/T17 instead of Hysteria. I was talking about new players and underdogs. Shopper and T17 are the other options for someone who is underdog in every scheme and wants to have the best shot at winning. If winning is irrelevant, they would pick whatever they enjoy (if there's another scheme they enjoy). The point was that some of the Hysteria games would be replaced with other schemes (for example Aladdin wouldn't stop playing Classic league because he wants to get in playoffs. He would be just picking something else besides Roper and TTRR, or more of Roper/TTRR).

This is not an official poll. I asked Kory in shoutbox to open a poll as I saw he opened a poll about Elite maps. It was kinda joke but anyway it's nice to see if anything has changed after a couple of years ;D
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 12:46 AM by Senator »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2017, 12:21 AM »

Hyst is going nowhere!

:D Thanks :)

I wouldn't leave if Hysteria was taken out, it's the way people act about it that makes me ponder about leaving, of course when I think about it, i'm over reacting, but that's how frustrating it is, it's like watching someone who can't even complete sonic the hedgehog...

@lalo - And anyone in the same boat.

1 more thing, I am open to changing my opinion, I always have been and always will be, but it takes effort to convince me, you can't just say "I don't like it" and don't explain why, you make statements without elaborating WHY you think those things.

You sound like a schoolboy screaming "I don't like it!"

That's why people like M3ntal, StepS, CyberShadow, DeadCode, MonkeyIsland, KoreanRedDragon, Mablak can convince me quite easily when they are actually correct, look at how they write and put their thought across, they go into depth about why they think/feel what they are saying, they use comparisons I understand, they use facts and actually research the subject, and it actually makes me think.

All I see when I read posts like yours is "I don't like it, i'm the king of the castle cuz i'm in the best clan, nah nah nah nah!".

Offline Sensei

« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2017, 12:23 AM »
I think TUS will be sad place without you Komo.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2017, 12:31 AM »
I dont need a dictionary to tell me what I know.

Hyst has potential but aerial atm is closer to a skilled scheme, both skill and tactics wise.

If you think Hysteria isn't competitive, then you obviously need to re-learn what the word "competitive" means.

I don't care how much skill or tactics is involved in a scheme, if it's fun, and competitive, that's all that matters, and that's also why we have variety to suit all players.

I will however give you a chance to explain WHY you think Aerial has more skill and tactics, if you want me to truly believe you, use facts and research please.

@Walrus

Very nice post about what a League should be, I totally agree :)

Offline Gabriel

• Slacker is a queefer

• Chile Chile
  • UC UC clan

• Might come back later idk
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2017, 12:33 AM »

This is not an official poll. I asked Kory in shoutbox to open a poll as I saw he opened a poll about Elite maps. It was kinda joke but anyway it's nice to see if anything has changed after a couple of years ;D

thread close

everyone pls get outta here
Mole shopper is the worst thing in the world.

Offline lalo

« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2017, 12:53 AM »
Hahaha Dave, do you really feel insulted or attacked? You rage quitting -in multiple occasions and not only in bng- and demanding your colour even though the other player likes it as much as you are common knowledge but you aren't selfish, the ones that disagree with you are. HOW IRONIC BUDDY!
Don't you get tired of asking people to read a dictonary whenever someone disagrees with you? Congratulations for knowing English, your first and only language, big achievement unlocked. I took a look at some and yet not convinced with Hysteria being a competitive scheme, you can read Gabriel's post and see the reasons yourself but hey you'll always find your way to twist everything to satisfy your huge ego.
I just wanted to give my 2 cents but you find it unreasonable, I'm not trying to convince anyone with my opinion or demanding hysteria to be removed -I even acknowledged I don't see that happening- but you can't respect that, you can't respect anyone but it's nothing new under the sun.
Any time someone says something you don't like you have the urge to embarrass him and say he's a retarded that can't read, can't pay attention, has a narrow thinking, a selfish being that can't enjoy the game and whatever word you find fashionable to show your great English skills. Afterall, most people in this forum are pretty dim and you're our savior who's always right... I wonder why you aren't running this league!. I guess that's why you're constantly arguing with almost every single member. Please, drop some molly again and take a look at this thread. From now on I better stick to your opinions and always nod at you, hope that makes you happier mate!

One more time. IN MY OPINION, Hysteria should not be placed in classic league unless it has some improvement. No place for creativity or advanced tactics unless someone thinks suicides and hiding to throw LG molotovs require skills or it's the pinnacle of competitiveness. No skills needed, as long as you have two working hands and some brain cells you're good to go. I may be right or wrong I don't know but that's how I feel.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2017, 01:03 AM »
Ok since you cannot talk like a civilized adult, you had this coming.

I rage quit in games because I don't agree with the sportsmanship of other players notching, because I don't care about winning.

Yes, I know it's childish me wanting green all the time, it doesn't hurt anyone and it's my problem.

Now let's take a minute and discuss your flaws shall we?

How about cheating in TUS with MULTIPLE accounts, still having access to and reading cfc forums through okeis account when you left to make that clan with ropa? Aliasing several players to be in multiple clans at once? Absolutely tearing into Instantly because he lost a lot of games - AT LEAST HE'S TRYING!!!

Or how about asking me to play 2 computers at once to beat CF at a BnG clanner when you were living with me? I am a c**t for actually doing it, but I felt terrible doing it but you were my friend and wanted to make you happy.

All i've done is be confident in myself, I never truly hurt people, but you? You are a f**king bully, a cheat, a smuggler, etc.

After all this I still want to be your friend, but because you cannot accept the way I talk you've f**ked it.