Forums
May 02, 2024, 08:49 AM

Poll

should hysteria be moved to the free league?

yes
no
idk

Author Topic: should hysteria be moved to the free league?  (Read 17271 times)

Online TheWalrus

Re: should hysteria be moved to the free league?
« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2017, 08:40 PM »
Ttrr is unique, it can make you heart race and your hands shake like crazy, a scheme in which every little mistake means you lose.
if your heart is racing and your hands are shaking like crazy, it merely means you need to get outside more often.  i could truncate this a bit more, but this is the basic reality.  ive never in my life nerded out so hard on worms that my hands shook.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2017, 09:13 PM »
Surely you got that slight feeling playing Warmers back in the day Wally? If you didn't, np lol.

An example, from my experience, having the most amazing turns ever, in front of the best players(Saltyk9/Marco/FlowingWater/Jmoberg etc) doing insane kicks scrolls shadows, power spikes etc, and when the 5s timer starts beeping I ALWAYS lose it lol, i'd be like OMG OMG OMG 5 SECONDS QUICK DO SOMETHING EPIC GO GO GO !!!

Where your palms start to get a little sweaty, your heart starts racing faster, and after your turn everyone is like AWESOME TURN BRO! And you are just sitting in your chair fully satisfied shaking :D

I got that from time to time in BnG when it came down to -10hp each lol, the most intense was the BnG with random where I made the epic comeback, i've never felt as satisfied in BnG :D

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2017, 09:30 PM »
i guess im just clutch

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #93 on: January 27, 2017, 09:51 PM »
Ttrr is unique, it can make you heart race and your hands shake like crazy, a scheme in which every little mistake means you lose.
if your heart is racing and your hands are shaking like crazy, it merely means you need to get outside more often.  i could truncate this a bit more, but this is the basic reality.  ive never in my life nerded out so hard on worms that my hands shook.

I'm sorry but what lalo said is true, call me a nerd, but only ttrr players know this feeling during a league game, because it's actually the only scheme that gives you this feeling.

Yeah, everytime you know you were wrong you give up, change the subject and start being dramatically sarcastic.

And for the record TTRR isn't more competitive than Hysteria, one is more mentally demanding and the other is more physically demanding.

You can win with 1 worm / turn in Hysteria and you can win with 1 worm / turn in TTRR.

Both schemes are easy to learn and finish, but both take years to master all the combined skills within the game.

2 noobs look bad in both games, anyone could win.

2 pros looks awesome in both games, anyone could win.

A good player can lose to a bad player in both schemes.

I laugh at your failure to see the truth.

This is so wrong for so many reasons, and i'll explain you why with a quick example:

ME

Does anyone remember me during my prime in TUS league? If yes, you may remember me as the most spamming hysteria player. I was so addicted by it. And it's not a surprise i was so good at it, simply it took less time to learn and was the easier among all. Everyone likes taking the shortest way... but with time i realized how cheap was that. I began practicing rope schemes, and it took, especially ttrr, countless hours of practice and lots of different keyboards. I used to play even on the same map for hours on the same map to get how to do a certain trick properly, until now... here i am... time rly flies away... you don't even believe how much time i've passed mastering my roping. Because i f@#!ing love this game. And roping is the coolest thing on this game. Besides, the last thing i've just said is only my personal opinion, don't take as a fact ;) in conclusion yes, hysteria is really one of the easiest scheme to master, my personal experience as a new generation player brought me to this conclusion, which is a fairly good proof.

Didn't want to feed this OT trend but... you guys always start it...

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2017, 10:00 PM »
I'm sorry but what lalo said is true, call me a nerd, but only ttrr players know this feeling during a league game, because it's actually the only scheme that gives you this feeling.

This part specifically - "but only ttrr players know this feeling during a league game" Would you like to bet £1000 that is wrong?

You don't feel other peoples emotions, YOU don't decide what makes people feel that way.

For YOU it's the only scheme that makes you feel that way, i've already said BnG/Hysteria make ME feel that way, I know for a fact it makes Chelsea feel that way, and I know Sniper gets a little sensation in BnG/Hysteria too.

I've even witnessed lalo getting nervous with BnG/Hysteria when he lived with me so for him to turn round and say he doesn't, he's a liar, of course it's not as intense for him as TTRR.

For me TTRR does give me this emotion too but it's not as intense because guess what, here's the secret, it all comes down to how passionate YOU are about whatever it is you are doing.

This emotion happens across all competitive things all over the world, different people feel it differently.

Don't be so ignorant dude, it's a horrible characteristic.
[/quote]

And Sbaffo, that long post you said is entirely opinion based, personally it makes me sound like you surrendered to the cool kids and wanted to become one of them, with TTRR being "the cool scheme".

I done EXACTLY the same thing you explained, but with BnG, Mablak done the same thing you said, with TTRR/Intermediate/Elite.

So I must ask the question, who is right? All of us.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2017, 10:15 PM »
None is right here, it is only personal experience.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #96 on: January 27, 2017, 10:24 PM »
I typed that very fast cuz at work lol.

I mean we all are right that we experience this feeling.

It's not limited to TTRR lmao.

Offline avirex

« Reply #97 on: January 27, 2017, 10:25 PM »
komo, i gave up... its useless to talk to you... you twist things around, contradict yourself more then anyone i have ever seen, for some reason, you think anything you say is a fact, and everything anyone else says is an opinion.

and to make matters worse, you just really have no sense of reality.

i mean, c'mon.. it took you longer to learn bng, then roper?? no way... not a chance in hell.... roping takes about a year, just to be average.... if you say it took you a year to become average in bng, someone needs to slap you....

i learned roping on w2, which was much harder to learn, so maybe im off on saying it takes a year to get average.... but even still... i would say it takes atleast 6 months on w:a

and thats when you get that roping bug, when you want to desperately to compete with pros, so you spend every waking moment playing roper, and practicing roper, practicing shadows, and spikes... etc..

do you know how many ppl did that???  almost everyone that plays worms...

do you know how many ppl came to w:a found hysteria, or bng, and spent every so much time to learn hyst, or bng??? almost no one....

the fact your comparing the hardest scheme in the league (ttrr) to the dumbest, newbest scheme in the league, and still sit here and will argue with everyone about it just shows you have no sense of reality.... and then you will compare the most strategic game on worms (elite) to hyst.. its like wtf dude??? are you mentally stable??

hyst strategy: kill your worms....  tele pile when you can.... hide when you cant.... games always come down to 1v1 darkside fest, lucky shot wins the game....  yeah.. lets compare that to ttrr, because its tricky to do a LG JP NADE!!! LOL c'mon dude... get a grip

we get it dude.. you like hyst... cool.... i think thats what this debate is about, how much you love hyst.... because you have a passion for worms like none other..

also, as far as the heart beating fast, hands shaking, and going numb.... come on komo, thats just in ttrr....  im not even a big fan of ttrr, and not passionate about ttrr at all.... but when your racing someone better then you, and your about to beat them , but still have about 10 seconds left of the map, and you can beat their time if you just finish with no f@#! ups... its a heart pounding moment....

can you rly compare that to bng, when your in a close game, and your on the edge of your seat while the nade travels through the air for 3 seconds?? lmfao just face reality dude... your in your own world...

no matter how many people tell you that your in some komo land, you still will be here "well thats not fact, thats opinion" 

i think this thread is dead now... as i said, we all understand that komo likes hysteria.. lets move on.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #98 on: January 27, 2017, 10:29 PM »
I typed that very fast cuz at work lol.

I mean we all are right that we experience this feeling.

It's not limited to TTRR lmao.

In general, experiences can be experienced differently.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

« Reply #99 on: January 27, 2017, 10:41 PM »
But some people are more right than others, right? :)

People who are in favour of hysteria staying where it is, think it's a competitive scheme (which it is)
People who are in favour of moving it away from classic think it's a dumb scheme because killing yourself right from the start is a viable strategy (which it is)

Solution: random turn order. Those that make the counterpoint that it makes the scheme very much luck driven have no clue how random turn order works and are wrong. It only makes the scheme luck driven if you still go on abusing turn order without paying any sort of attention to the actual turn order.
So if it were up to me, hysteria would have random turn order.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #100 on: January 27, 2017, 10:51 PM »
People who are in favour of moving it away from classic think it's a dumb scheme because killing yourself right from the start is a viable strategy (which it is)

It isn't dumb, maybe it's abnormal but it is not dumb.

People don't do it JUST for turn advantage, if I can keep all worms in nice positions I will, there are more reasons tan just turn advantage.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #102 on: January 27, 2017, 10:59 PM »
Missing the point.

No, YOU are missing the point.

The object of the game is to win, there are no rules.

Nowhere does it say you should or should not sacrifice your own worms.

Battles of all ages across humanity there have been sacrifices for the bigger picture.

Stop making stupid assumptions to suit your own needs.

Offline Gabriel

• Slacker is a queefer

• Chile Chile
  • UC UC clan

• Might come back later idk
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 27, 2017, 11:03 PM »
Missing the point.
No, YOU are missing the point.

You didn't mention anything about the solution DarkOne posted
What is this thread about? Are you even in the right topic Komo?

You don't miss points but entire threads
Mole shopper is the worst thing in the world.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #104 on: January 27, 2017, 11:08 PM »
I've saw that thread I like the scheme D1 uses but that isn't the point I am making.

To me it's not a solution, it's merely a difference.